Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

guys you'll never believe what this reddit poster with 2 followers had to say about stadia. you like? you like? not to worry, i've got more! a bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Azathoth posted:

So I've never posted in this thread before, I assume it's about games that use ancient roman distance measurements? It's a bit esoteric but hey, who am I to judge?

Its about the Google Stadia, which is the biggest pile of rear end since the freaking Xbox One, op

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I bought a the stadia the other day, it works great. It's weird that they call it a steam deck.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I'm buying half a dozen used Stadia controllers as stocking stuffers for friends and family this holiday season

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

They'd work well on a steam deck if the idiots would unlock the Bluetooth on em.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Stadia
Staxia
Stuxia

rly makes u think

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FrostyPox posted:

Stadia
Staxia
Stuxia

rly makes u think

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm buying half a dozen used Stadia controllers as stocking stuffers for friends and family this holiday season

december’s 13 days of stadia is gonna rule

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

stadia is freaking not good!!! and dead!!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

jokes posted:

stadia is freaking not good!!! and dead!!

it's poor form to speak ill of the dead

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Stadia's not dead yet, it's just in hospice. Perfectly fine to make fun of still

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Captain Hygiene posted:

Stadia's not dead yet, it's just in hospice.

In a way...we, as consumers, sit on its death panel

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I haven't followed this thread super closely what's up with stux? Are they Real Mad about stadia shutting down?

Stux has brain damage

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stux is pretty often right though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Stux is pretty often right though

Those are not mutually exclusive ovals

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Stux is why I still read this rhread, you never know what antics he will be up to next time around!!

Anyway I am curious when I will get my 60€ back, I wasn‘t even able to track down where google lists my purchases (I try to keep google and my money separated!)

Azathoth posted:

it's poor form to speak ill of the dead

No it’s not really dead yet, still twitching. but get this: we speak dead of the ill

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
free Stux

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

The only real positive thing that stadia did was make it super quick to actually get into your game. xCloud is pretty quick but GFN is kinda a pain in the rear end.
Steam does QR code login now, so a lot of the weird fiddle has been negated.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

not even at that price

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

owners of stux will be given a refund in 3 years when the forum shuts down

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

What did stux get hit for?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

Posting a massive photo that you'd have to scroll through.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Blue Raider posted:

he took a drawing of jared leto as the joker and stretched it out to 42,000 pixels and spammed it. once enough of that image was displayed on a page the page wouldn't load at all so I had to go in with images turned off and edit his posts and the ones who quoted him just so that the thread would load at all. breaking the forums has always been something that you gotta pay the troll toll for doing.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’m sure he’s learned his lesson

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The good news is that now that the troll been probated this thread can be funny again for the next few hours

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok ok I’ve got a good one.

Stadia

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

goldmine

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Stadia delenda est

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Stadidoes what Nintendoesn't

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

owners of stux will be given a refund in 3 years when the forum shuts down

lmao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The good news is that now that the troll been probated this thread can be funny again for the next few hours
Okay, so post something funny. Set the tone.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:gas:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You'd think a company as big as google would have the resources to make a better product than they did.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

You'd think a company as big as google would have the resources to make a better product than they did.

And yet there are apparently 275 projects in the Google Graveyard

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

lol remember when Stadians thought that Stadia was teaming up with Netflix or that Google was buying a huge development studio or even Microsoft or something

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
See they shouldn‘t have streamed games but applications

a

messenger

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

The issue at Google is not resources, it's their dogshit leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

The Kins posted:

Okay, so post something funny. Set the tone.

due to the restrictions on banking transfers, all Russian citizens who purchased Stadia will receive their refund in credits for Youtube Originals, Google OnHub devices, or Android Auto Phone subscriptions