Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

StormDrain posted:

Thank you for your reporting! o7

6 of 8 Costcos with Liquor in CO are identified.

Confirmed no liquor at
Arvada, Superior, Aurora.

Unknown:
Sheridan, Parker, Colorado Springs on Barnes Rd

The one at Sheridan has an attached liqour store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Greatbacon posted:

The one at Sheridan has an attached liqour store.

TYVM

Confirmed no INSIDE liquor at
Arvada, Superior, Aurora, Sheridan

Unknown:
Parker, Colorado Springs on Barnes Rd

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Has anyone ever bought an adjustable bed from the website? I'm wondering if both mattresses have to be the same firmness. Would I have to call the manufacturer?

e: to clarify, I'm talking about the split ones.

rocode
Oct 28, 2011

Meddle not with Mother Nature, lest you face her wrath.

StormDrain posted:

TYVM

Arvada, Superior, Aurora, Sheridan

Unknown:
Parker, Colorado Springs on Barnes Rd

Both Springs locations have liquor. West location inside the store, east location separate access.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

rocode posted:

Both Springs locations have liquor. West location inside the store, east location separate access.

Liquor at:
Lone Tree, Littleton, Colorado Springs West, Fort Collins, Eagle, Thornton

Arvada, Superior, Aurora, Sheridan, CoS East.

Unknown:
Parker

The difference between outside and inside liquor is the outside liquor stores do not sell Kirkland liquor (since they're not Costcos) and they are all generally market pricing. The inside liquor is below market pricing.

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
My biggest Costco savers have been cheese and cooking oil.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Mine would have to be rotisserie chicken. If I think about all the money I could have spent just buying raw chicken, or even worse, rotisserie chicken from anywhere else, it's gotta be in the thousands of dollars.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I dont know about yall, but I'm definitely noticing the price increases on pretty much everything at the 'Co.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Definitely. So far they seem like relatively small hikes, usually like $0.30 - $0.60, but I've also seen some items go up as much as $2-$3. I buy a shirataku noodle there whenever they have it (I sadly think my local stopped stocking it) and I swear it nearly doubled in price.

I'm about to go on the 1/day hotdog combo diet. At least that'll survive the upcoming apocalypse. It's a good 600ish calories too, i'm sure of it, and that's before whatever you try and put on it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm almost surprised how little people have noticed how much we've jacked up the prices in bakery. The cinnamon loaf, muffins, cookies, bread it's all gone up.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Almost everything we buy has gone up $3, minimum. Blue buffalo dog food went up like $12-15. Protein shakes are up $8-9 since last year.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Gaius Marius posted:

I'm almost surprised how little people have noticed how much we've jacked up the prices in bakery. The cinnamon loaf, muffins, cookies, bread it's all gone up.

I noticed a couple nights ago. The 2 pack of muffins was 9.99. I could have sworn they used to be 6.99 not too long ago. We stopped buying them though because my kids say they want muffins, but I end up chucking 7 of them in the trash when they get moldy. I tried freezing them once, but they don't like them frozen. FTK

Decent price hikes we've also noticed in my area. Cat litter, the 42lb scoop away is up to 14.79 right now. It used to be 12 bucks I think and often had a coupon getting it down to under 10 bucks. 35 packs of diet coke are almost 18 bucks now. Over 50 cents a can for the first time I can remember. A case of water is up more than a dollars to 4.19. It was 2.99 to 3.19 last year.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

got some kirkland boxer briefs in the wrong size...one of the more awkward things to return lol, they are unworn, well except for the one i tried on, but package opened

also i saw a sweet RAZER RGB mouse and mechanical keyboard set there and my current mouse is giving me poo poo so i think im gonna go for it

i think it was $150 CAD for both and some extras, decent deal

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I'm old enough to remember the huge selection of software and computer games they used to have, just stacks and stacks of the old big-box games. I'd spend the whole time just looking through them, seeing what was new and wishing I could afford any of them. One year for my birthday my parents got me SIMCITY 2000 Special Edition; the box that came with S.C.U.R.K. That game defined my childhood and to this day I have a love of architecture and urban planning. The last vestige of this area is the book section, near the clothes.

Thanks Costco. ThostCo.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Now the only games they stock are the rare bundled with a console option, or 100 copies of Madden 20XX, CoD 14 and the 1 or 2 leftover copies of something with LEGO in the title.

The book section is dangerous to me. I have a tendency to impulse buy books I think look cool and then never read them.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

ShowTime posted:

Now the only games they stock are the rare bundled with a console option, or 100 copies of Madden 20XX, CoD 14 and the 1 or 2 leftover copies of something with LEGO in the title.

The book section is dangerous to me. I have a tendency to impulse buy books I think look cool and then never read them.

The console bundles are legit, I got both my Gamecube and Switch from CostCo bundles.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got a 5 pack of hardcover Pete the cat books.

My kid lost his god drat mind.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Bettinardi found out that somehow Costco was selling some of their high-end putters at a large discount. They threw a fit and took a public poo poo on Costco, essentially calling them an inferior retail store. Little did they know the backlash when they dared blaspheme against The Church, pbuc

Twitter grief follows https://twitter.com/bettinardigolf/status/1565731966267363331

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco does this all the time (grey market buying) and it owns lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

God drat lol

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Bettinardi found out that somehow Costco was selling some of their high-end putters at a large discount. They threw a fit and took a public poo poo on Costco, essentially calling them an inferior retail store. Little did they know the backlash when they dared blaspheme against The Church, pbuc

Twitter grief follows https://twitter.com/bettinardigolf/status/1565731966267363331

I think what happened was people that purchased their putters at retail, gently caress you prices, learned that if they only paid proper tithing to the church, they could have saved like 25%. How dare the perceived value of their elite golf club decline by being sold at a "discount" club. So they cried, complained and Bettinardi tried to retain some level of their customer loyalty by going after Costco. Turns out, if you gently caress around with Costco, you will indeed find out.

If you haven't checked what the clubs usually sell for, they are normally $450 and Costco was selling them for nearly $100 less.

I remember finding some really expensive cologne at Costco online once and went full in on them. Bottles that normally retailed for $250 were selling for $160, I believe.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ShowTime posted:

I think what happened was people that purchased their putters at retail, gently caress you prices, learned that if they only paid proper tithing to the church, they could have saved like 25%. How dare the perceived value of their elite golf club decline by being sold at a "discount" club. So they cried, complained and Bettinardi tried to retain some level of their customer loyalty by going after Costco. Turns out, if you gently caress around with Costco, you will indeed find out.

If you haven't checked what the clubs usually sell for, they are normally $450 and Costco was selling them for nearly $100 less.

I remember finding some really expensive cologne at Costco online once and went full in on them. Bottles that normally retailed for $250 were selling for $160, I believe.

Oh I thought they were a luxury item being sold at a massive discount and ruining ~the image~. What a bunch of whiners

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

ShowTime posted:

I got Creed Aventus for $60 lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

Jesus that’s an insane deal obviously.

I need to start checking for that stuff lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Is that a new album or like a greatest hits? Anything after Human Clay just wasn't as good

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Lookit wut I got

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Toxic Mental posted:

Lookit wut I got

Image isn’t loading. Is it a boner?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Jesus that’s an insane deal obviously.

I need to start checking for that stuff lol

I used to check the treasure hunt stuff pretty often, but stopped during the pandemic. Much like walking into Costco for milk and eggs and out with a full cart, you sometimes wind up spending way more than you ever intended.

Also why does Costco pepperoni pizza always look so drat delicious.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah I heard butter is just fine freezing. But I'd imagine freezing cheddar or something would gently caress up the texture or something.

The shredded stuff is already cut and coated with an anti-caking agent so yeah I could see that working maybe.

I just don't ever need to freeze cheese but it lasts weeks in the fridge and it'll be gone before it goes bad.

mozz gets all crumbly after freezing. Melts just fine though.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Made my semi-monthly pilgrimage to the Business Church for my Lo-Carb Monsters and ran across these things.
They are FANTASTIC. The spice mix is on point.

candystarlight
Jun 5, 2017

Pershing posted:

Has anyone ever bought an adjustable bed from the website? I'm wondering if both mattresses have to be the same firmness. Would I have to call the manufacturer?

e: to clarify, I'm talking about the split ones.

Got ours in the fall of 2020, and at that time both mattresses had to be the same firmness.

We got the TEMPUR-Contour 11.5" Supreme Mattress with Ergo Plus Adjustable Base, Split California King, and it was worth every. last. penny.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

CaptainCrunch posted:

Made my semi-monthly pilgrimage to the Business Church for my Lo-Carb Monsters and ran across these things.
They are FANTASTIC. The spice mix is on point.

This stuff slaps, they’re all over Seattle, I prefer the spicy ones though. Dunno if the Church carries those.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Quite A Tool posted:

This stuff slaps, they’re all over Seattle, I prefer the spicy ones though. Dunno if the Church carries those.

Very rarely, at least at the Costco on 4th Ave. I've never seen the spicy ones in Northgate or Issaquah though.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Quite A Tool posted:

It was a big endcap display and there was only the one variant. I almost hope it was a one time thing, this Costco stocking them, because the $ for 6 packs of 2 was a bit high and I'm afraid they're habit forming.

Do want to sample the spicy version, however.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Lazyhound posted:

That’s awesome. I didn’t know they do high end cologne. PBUC.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Had two members yelling and fighting in the line for food court yesterday. On three separate occasions someone had to come out and break it up before they finally left. I really don’t understand grown adults freaking out about waiting in line and skipping the line and the swearing and the yelling that ensues. It was very uncomfortable and I still can’t get over that I had to say “I don’t care who started it, it ends now” to people my age. I know the hot dogs are good but come on!!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

DamnitGannet posted:

Had two members yelling and fighting in the line for food court yesterday. On three separate occasions someone had to come out and break it up before they finally left. I really don’t understand grown adults freaking out about waiting in line and skipping the line and the swearing and the yelling that ensues. It was very uncomfortable and I still can’t get over that I had to say “I don’t care who started it, it ends now” to people my age. I know the hot dogs are good but come on!!

Probably mad about the onions

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

And then the wise man spoke - A mouth with a dog in it cannot argue

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The worst thing that could possibly happen on a Saturday afternoon church trip happened today. The credit card system crashed.

Before you get on me about visiting on the weekend: yes I knew the risks. I normally would never do this, but I was there for gas, parking lot was looking kind of low on cars and I have my system down solid. I basically always get the same 5-10 items.

It was the most miserable 20-25 minutes of waiting in line i've ever had. And i've been behind a family of 6 before.

DamnitGannet posted:

Someone was yelling in my store today too, but not at each other. It was some rude person yelling across the store to someone else to get their attention. Only Saturday shoppers are that rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Got gas and picked up the keyboard and mouse combo.

Hard to spend too much when you take the bike.