Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you have to put (good) after the word so that everyone knows you didn't mean it as a slur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they're gay

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

our team needs to find a way to stack qcs. i've been told the enemy team has been able to place many operatives in qcs. how can we unlock this technology?

lets team up with coupons

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

BigBadSteve posted:

Pro-tip (pity you didn't heed my previous one): The given ban reason and perhaps some of their typical BS protestations in response to this post may all be safely ignored. FYAD literally hates practically every GBS regular who isn't already a FYADer. If you post there again, ever, you can almost certainly wave byebye to your account. They'd either find some manipulative way to ban it (and they've stacked QCS with their own so it wouldn't be worth appealing), or they'd chain probe it forever.
What a time to be alive

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
dead (bad) gay (good) comedy forums

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Joe Biden has the executive power to expand QCS at any time and yet he chooses not to.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Why is only one side of your face droopy, Steve?

lmao

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Spoggerific posted:

dead (bad) gay (good) comedy (debatable) forums
fixed that for you

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! The worst mobile game

By popular demand, I'll include links in the thread announcement posts too.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Shadow0 posted:

New thread is up! The worst mobile game

By popular demand, I'll include links in the thread announcement posts too.

:hai:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Is the two week limit on IKs probing people something that's actually programmed into the forums, or just a guideline that everyone follows?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dip Viscous posted:

Is the two week limit on IKs probing people something that's actually programmed into the forums, or just a guideline that everyone follows?

the former. before that you could find a post they made in your forums years before and chain probe from that forever

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it still works if you set the clock on your computer to the date of the old post

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! 🧮 Graphing calculator games

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that's a good thread. i'd post in it, but i'm determined to remain a neutral observer unless it's a forum i already post in regularly, so as not to taint the experiment with the same group of posters showing up in each thread and diluting the local color.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bad Purchase posted:

that's a good thread. i'd post in it, but i'm determined to remain a neutral observer unless it's a forum i already post in regularly, so as not to taint the experiment with the same group of posters showing up in each thread and diluting the local color.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

Thanks!

Yes, I also worry a bit about having too much of a roving band of GBS posters following me around and sort of dominating the experience, though I don't think that's happening, fortunately. There was an incredibly minor thing in one thread, but it's whatever.
In general, I don't want to have to explain the existence of this thread in another thread to have a thread or a post make sense - if that makes sense? The thread and the posts should stand on their own, not be part of a gimmick.
Not a huge problem by any means, but maybe something to watch out for. If a thread is really rolling though, feel free to slide in! Of course, I don't want to discourage anyone from :justpost: if they're making genuine posts, but just wanted to say my thoughts on it. If you have a good post, by all means, post!
It's a tremendously minor thing though. Just make sure you're making genuine posts, which I think everyone is doing.

Actually, no, I think it's fine. We should all experience more of the forums. Just make sure you're not making posts that don't belong in that thread. I stand by: every thread and post should feel like it belongs in that subforum. Otherwise, go hog wild.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 16, 2022

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

Thanks!

Yes, I also worry a bit about having too much of a roving band of GBS posters following me around and sort of dominating the experience, though I don't think that's happening, fortunately. There was an incredibly minor thing in one thread, but it's whatever.
In general, I don't want to have to explain the existence of this thread in another thread to have a thread or a post make sense - if that makes sense? The thread and the posts should stand on their own, not be part of a gimmick.
Not a huge problem by any means, but maybe something to watch out for. If a thread is really rolling though, feel free to slide in! Of course, I don't want to discourage anyone from :justpost: if they're making genuine posts, but just wanted to say my thoughts on it. If you have a good post, by all means, post!
It's a tremendously minor thing though. Just make sure you're making genuine posts, which I think everyone is doing.

Actually, no, I think it's fine. We should all experience more of the forums. Just make sure you're not making posts that don't belong in that thread. I stand by: every thread and post should feel like it belongs in that subforum. Otherwise, go hog wild.

My posts in your LP thread were entirely genuine and an open invitation to use your buttons. My only request is you make the probe reason a funny one.
But on a slightly more serious note, I'm glad you're enjoying your endeavors.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i've been keeping up and voting 2 in all of your threads

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

dee eight posted:

i've been keeping up and voting 2 in all of your threads

a 100% upgrade from how you vote on my threads

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

you have threads?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

dee eight posted:

you have threads?

not good ones, but, they exist

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! 💸 Minecraft Skyblock server
Not the most creative thread title, but oh well.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Shadow0 posted:

New thread is up! 💸 Minecraft Skyblock server
Not the most creative thread title, but oh well.

i'm still with you every step of the way

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dee eight posted:

i'm still with you every step of the way

Thank you for your service! :patriot:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm following all the threads but I'm only going to post when I have something relevant to add to the discussion. So far this has mostly been forums that I'm familiar with but that certainly won't last.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just waiting for OP to get to the wrestling forum :munch:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*glass shatters*

*Stone Cold comes down the ramp*

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Literally A Person posted:

*glass shatters*

Bah God that's Detective Fix's music

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Literally A Person posted:

*glass shatters*

:gizz:

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Looking forward to the PHIZ post :allears:

I'm also trying to follow along with the actual threads but the truth is I don't post anywhere in the videogames folder. I play them, I just mostly replay the same 4-5 games in rotation and with the exception of Disco Elysium they aren't even that popular lmao.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

I'm following all the threads but I'm only going to post when I have something relevant to add to the discussion. So far this has mostly been forums that I'm familiar with but that certainly won't last.
If there's one thing consistent for every thread on these forums, it's that there's always someone posting about some tangent.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
📝 Travel update:

It's been a while since my last update. I ended up deciding to put all of VGS and its subforums into one update.
There's now a lot of threads to maintain, and many of them demanding a lot of my time. I want to make threads in good faith, not just dump a thread on a subforum and disappear.
But it's been really fun!

I had heard FYAD had set up the perhaps greatest trap I would ever face on my journey. Someone posted that my FYAD thread had been reopened.
I thought for a long time how extremely funny it would be to post in the thread again, but when I thought of the many goons out there who were really supporting my journey, it felt like it would be a bit of a betrayal to them to open myself back up to potentially ruining the entire project.
But then by morning, it was already moved back to their gas chamber.

My PMF thread has somehow gone gold. I think this is my first gold thread, so I'm really happy. This is also the first time I've had stickied threads, and I've had so many of them, so - yeah, what can I say? I'm really happy, haha. I've even inexplicably been made into an IK! It's been a cornucopia of blessings as of late!
I had said not too long ago in a previous travel update, that I wasn't sure I'd ever get any feedback on the thread, and such positive feedback is a real surprise. Hopefully I can keep maintaining the quality of the thread.

VGS is going okay. Not a huge turnout, but I got some people to be called to action, and I started on a personal goal. Despite probably being SA's biggest subforum, it's not a place where you expect people to be wandering around looking at the thread list I suppose.

LP was a bit slow to start, but seems like a very friendly community. They claim to be a Wild West of sorts, and after they made me an IK, I guess I see they do live up to that idea. I scheduled my LP in the future so I could gather goons to participate, and I'm very much looking forward to that. I was really worried because turnout was very slow at the start, but posters have been finding their way to the thread. It's mostly "maybes", but hopefully everyone can make it!

While many posters were afraid of FYAD, it was subforums like WoW:GS that had me the most worried. What could I say here that hadn't been already? After speaking with a mod and recalling my youth, I came up with something. I was really happy to see the locals come in and be extremely welcoming. It was a big investment of time, but I think the thread went well. I'll continue to support the thread for a while as long as there's participation, which there's been a surprisingly large amount of!
I see now why WoW got its own subforum. In addition to having tons of threads, it also seems to have a very active poster base, who even actually wander around outside their megathreads and check on new threads. I was really surprised how lively a place it was!

TMMHMO was slightly easier to find something for with its much broader range of topics. And fortunately, I was able to come up with something that didn't require a huge investment in time, haha. It seems like posters are enjoying the thread, so I think it is a successful one!

MG was much more difficult. If I have freetime and only a phone, I usually just open Awful (Thank you, Awful developers!!!). This is a topic I'm not well-versed in. I can't say the thread was completely unsuccessful, but I'm not sure I can call it much of a success either. I wasn't really willing to make my own phone into a sacrifice for the thread either, haha. Oh well, there were still some good posts there!

My thread in RG is going better than expected. My memory in general is not so great, so I wish I could have written a better OP, but I was able to actually track down some of the stuff I wanted to post about, and I'm really happy to remember these things now. A little troubling that PS3 is considered "retro" now...

My PGS thread only just went up. I'm worried if I set everything up correctly. This is the first time I've had to spend more than time on a thread, but it's fine and it wasn't much.
I had fun with it, and I'll leave the associated server up for at least the month I paid for. I hope it's something that at least one other goons finds use out of, or it'll just basically be a Let's Play.
Not a lot of posts there now, but it's only just now gone up. We'll see what happens.

With 7 subforums (including VGS itself), it took an entire week to get through VGS. It's a nice place. It's a very popular place. I think almost every poster has already visited.
Definitely when you look at other places, you get such a good sense of how much more pleasant it is to discuss video games here. Though, admittingly, finding specific bits of knowledge can be tricky.
But I can say for sure: It's good to see so many friendly goons making quality posts and threads!

I didn't mean to make sure a long travel update or go so long without one, but VGS definitely ate up a lot of my time, haha. And I can't even say it's all behind me!
On top of it, TG and its subforum, TGR, are up next - so it looks like I better keep my schedule somewhat clear for the for some time yet!

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 24, 2022

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

Just waiting for OP to get to the wrestling forum :munch:

Me too!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

Travel update:

It's been a while since my last update. I ended up deciding to put all of VGS and its subforums into one update.
There's now a lot of threads to maintain, and many of them demanding a lot of my time. I want to make threads in good faith, not just dump a thread on a subforum and disappear.
But it's been really fun!

I had heard FYAD had set up the perhaps greatest trap I would ever face on my journey. Someone posted that my FYAD thread had been reopened.
I thought for a long time how extremely funny it would be to post in the thread again, but when I thought of the many goons out there who were really supporting my journey, it felt like it would be a bit of a betrayal to them to open myself back up to potentially ruining the entire project.
But then by morning, it was already moved back to their gas chamber.

My PMF thread has somehow gone gold. I think this is my first gold thread, so I'm really happy. This is also the first time I've had stickied threads, and I've had so many of them, so - yeah, what can I say? I'm really happy, haha. I've even inexplicably been made into an IK! It's been a cornucopia of blessings as of late!
I had said not too long ago in a previous travel update, that I wasn't sure I'd ever get any feedback on the thread, and such positive feedback is a real surprise. Hopefully I can keep maintaining the quality of the thread.

VGS is going okay. Not a huge turnout, but I got some people to be called to action, and I started on a personal goal. Despite probably being SA's biggest subforum, it's not a place where you expect people to be wandering around looking at the thread list I suppose.

LP was a bit slow to start, but seems like a very friendly community. They claim to be a Wild West of sorts, and after they made me an IK, I guess I see they do live up to that idea. I scheduled my LP in the future so I could gather goons to participate, and I'm very much looking forward to that. I was really worried because turnout was very slow at the start, but posters have been finding their way to the thread. It's mostly "maybes", but hopefully everyone can make it!

While many posters were afraid of FYAD, it was subforums like WoW:GS that had me the most worried. What could I say here that hadn't been already? After speaking with a mod and recalling my youth, I came up with something. I was really happy to see the locals come in and be extremely welcoming. It was a big investment of time, but I think the thread went well. I'll continue to support the thread for a while as long as there's participation, which there's been a surprisingly large amount of!
I see now why WoW got its own subforum. In addition to having tons of threads, it also seems to have a very active poster base, who even actually wander around outside their megathreads and check on new threads. I was really surprised how lively a place it was!

TMMHMO was slightly easier to find something for with its much broader range of topics. And fortunately, I was able to come up with something that didn't require a huge investment in time, haha. It seems like posters are enjoying the thread, so I think it is a successful one!

MG was much more difficult. If I have freetime and only a phone, I usually just open Awful (Thank you, Awful developers!!!). This is a topic I'm not well-versed in. I can't say the thread was completely unsuccessful, but I'm not sure I can call it much of a success either. I wasn't really willing to make my own phone into a sacrifice for the thread either, haha. Oh well, there were still some good posts there!

My thread in RG is going better than expected. My memory in general is not so great, so I wish I could have written a better OP, but I was able to actually track down some of the stuff I wanted to post about, and I'm really happy to remember these things now. A little troubling that PS3 is considered "retro" now...

My PGS thread only just went up. I'm worried if I set everything up correctly. This is the first time I've had to spend more than time on a thread, but it's fine and it wasn't much.
I had fun with it, and I'll leave the associated server up for at least the month I paid for. I hope it's something that at least one other goons finds use out of, or it'll just basically be a Let's Play.
Not a lot of posts there now, but it's only just now gone up. We'll see what happens.

With 7 subforums (including VGS itself), it took an entire week to get through VGS. It's a nice place. It's a very popular place. I think almost every poster has already visited.
Definitely when you look at other places, you get such a good sense of how much more pleasant it is to discuss video games here. Though, admittingly, finding specific bits of knowledge can be tricky.
But I can say for sure: It's good to see so many friendly goons making quality posts and threads!

I didn't mean to make sure a long travel update or go so long without one, but VGS definitely ate up a lot of my time, haha. And I can't even say it's all behind me!
On top of it, TG and its subforum, TGR, are up next - so it looks like I better keep my schedule somewhat clear for the for some time yet!

naw, the long effort posting is what makes it cool! Still digging these travelogues, needs a dramatic reading done in the style of a bad History channel voiceover

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

rear end-penny posted:

Looking forward to the PHIZ post :allears:

I'm also trying to follow along with the actual threads but the truth is I don't post anywhere in the videogames folder. I play them, I just mostly replay the same 4-5 games in rotation and with the exception of Disco Elysium they aren't even that popular lmao.
you are legally required by forum law to tell us what games so we may talk about them at length

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shadow0 posted:

It'll pick up once the stream goes and you've got some content to post. Right now there's... not much to talk about Factorio-wise? Just people signing up.

I'm looking forward to the first video though! Even if it's just a few people in the stream, we'll have something to discuss. I haven't played Factorio or watched any vids of it, so your mod will my first experience.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

If I'm banned for my behavior in traditional games it is not my fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

World Famous W posted:

you are legally required by forum law to tell us what games so we may talk about them at length

Mostly the Hare Brained Schemes Shadowrun trilogy. Torment: Tides of Numenera. One of the GTA games every once in a while, which I guess could have been listed with DE as a popular game that I play.