Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

He's definitely one of the better voices in the NBA, both written and spoken, wish he was going like, somewhere else, although I don't know where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1579972030723915776

and there's a fly ball, etc

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

lmfao Jeff rules

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BritniDWrites/status/1580006767500570624

lmao

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Not about Kanye specifically.

But why do these kinds of racists have to cram it in to every single little unrelated thing? How does that happen in what I assume is a sports interview show?

i.e. "Hello Mr. West. What do you think about the LA Lakers chances next season?"
"The jews control Hollywood! The mainstream media won't tell you about how they are murdering black babies!!"
"So you think they might not make the playoffs?"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The Shop isn’t really a sports show, it’s just LeBron hanging out with celebrity friends

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why did they even have him on right after those comments came out

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Just like 22 minutes of him rambling with a chorus of "that's crazy, man."

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why did they even have him on right after those comments came out

I assume they filmed it before the comments came out, probably before pre-season started.

edit: Oh. no they didn't but they did book him well before. It sounds like they were lead to believe he was going to apologize or show remorse but turns out nope, he's just nuts.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 12, 2022

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
how will this affect lebron’s legacy?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The athletic is trying to make their podcasts unlistenable. This is the only conclusion I can come to after today’s episode of Robert Mays show started with four minutes straight of ads. What the gently caress man? Was the NYT money not enough to maintain what they were doing

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
May have been the NYT enforcing those ads to make their money back.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The athletic is trying to make their podcasts unlistenable. This is the only conclusion I can come to after today’s episode of Robert Mays show started with four minutes straight of ads. What the gently caress man? Was the NYT money not enough to maintain what they were doing

They were basically just burning VC money until they got sold so now the NYT actually has to figure out a sustainable model

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

This makes sense, probably why the latest Giant Bombcast has like a 6 minute ad break in the middle.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Kibner posted:

I’m sure you’re right but man does it suck!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I hope to God that interview comes out. i must see the reactions when Kanye starts talking about Mein Kampf

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I thought he said he’d never read a book

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
if they'd have just made the ads on the sidebar like a normal website I could have lived with it but shoving giant ads in the middle of my scrolling sucks

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

These guys are fixing to lose my $1.99 a month.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
https://defector.com/i-just-ate-28-worth-of-taco-bell-because-some-dingus-on-tv-claimed-he-did/

I don't know where else to highlight this, but it's defector and it's hilarious

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Albino Squirrel posted:

https://defector.com/i-just-ate-28-worth-of-taco-bell-because-some-dingus-on-tv-claimed-he-did/

I don't know where else to highlight this, but it's defector and it's hilarious
I've seen a few of these over the last couple of days. Good god why are financial markets bros so quick to whip out the "poo poo that in no way happened" stories

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its just really weird to do that too its not like you have to exaggerate or convince someone that inflation sucks an rear end

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Its just really weird to do that too its not like you have to exaggerate or convince someone that inflation sucks an rear end
Yeah. The first thing I thought when I saw this guy say "I spent $28 at Taco Bell CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!?!" was "jesus christ how are you not in the hospital instead of on tv".

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I've ordered and ate $28 of Taco Bell many times before inflation. but i am built different

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Also to be fair to that guy which I am loathe to do it might be easier where he is. One time Amazon flew me to Bellevue to interview and a meal at Wendy's was legitimately a good 25% more than it was in Austin for the same thing

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the most unbelievable part of the story is that it was allegedly just his tuesday lunch. I'm supposed to believe an investment banker ate 28 dollars of taco bell, on a lunch break, and went back to work?

motherfucker aint shaq is all I'm saying

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheFlyingLlama posted:

the most unbelievable part of the story is that it was allegedly just his tuesday lunch. I'm supposed to believe an investment banker ate 28 dollars of taco bell, on a lunch break, and went back to work?

motherfucker aint shaq is all I'm saying
Maybe he does an intestinal cleanse at work once a week. What better place to take a giant poo poo than one where you'd get paid to do it?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
definitely uncommon for an investment banker, but I've known many dudes where that would not be an uncommon lunch/dinner. but we have some heavy hitters in the South. I'm not even a heavyweight w/r/t Southern eating and I normally hit about $22-24 at TB.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

but we have some heavy hitters in the South.
Yeah I learned that when I took a random trip to Dallas in about 2005, went to a BBQ place because we'd driven 14 hours and were hungry, I ordered a "sampler platter", and didn't realize until the food arrived that I'd actually ordered three pounds of meat plus the usual sides.

The toilet in the hotel room never stood a loving chance.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 15, 2022

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Crazy Ted posted:

Yeah I learned that when I took a random trip to Dallas in about 2005, went to a BBQ place because we'd driven 14 hours and were hungry, I ordered a "sampler platter", and didn't realize until the food arrived that I'd actually ordered three pounds of meat plus the usual sides.

The toilet in the hotel room never stood a loving chance.

Very curious regarding which Dallas BBQ establishment this was

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If you eat 28$ worth of Taco Bell you are going to experience some inflation.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I don't remember if Terry Black's was still Austin exclusive in 05 but they have a sampler that's a whole 1+ pound beef rib, a whole sausage, and a pile of burnt ends with beans and mac

E:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't remember if Terry Black's was still Austin exclusive in 05 but they have a sampler that's a whole 1+ pound beef rib, a whole sausage, and a pile of burnt ends with beans and mac

E:

Good grief I’m falling into a food coma just looking at that

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol at the difference between the reactions to this in SAS and the fast food subforum.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well this looks good right now

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1581332723053973505

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The tears, they are glorious.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
The Curse of the Goose is real

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ChickenMedium posted:

The Curse of the Goose is real
Untitled Goose Curse

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Just lol if the Dodgers are the best team in baseball for like a decade and all they walk away with is a wildly illegitimate Covid year title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

General Dog posted:

Just lol if the Dodgers are the best team in baseball for like a decade and all they walk away with is a wildly illegitimate Covid year title.
So they're the 2010s-2020s 1990s Braves.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Here's the thing: I don't remember much about that debacle. I do remember that brisket was the base of the "sampler platter" and when it all came out it practically looked like a mixing bowl filled with loose meat & BBQ sauce with a cornbread muffin etc on top.

After we were done I'm pretty sure I spent 20 minutes of a 10-minute walk waddling back to the hotel, destroyed the toilet my room, and fell into a coma for about 12 hours.

That and I remember when those of us who ordered the "sampler platter" didn't get our food at the same time as everyone else and asked about it, the waitress giggled and said, "Do y'all realize you each ordered three pounds of meat???" and I internally reacted like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5k_arVcqR8

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 17, 2022