Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

net work error posted:

I don't really remember much of the Dragon Ball series any more and I'm ok with that. Thanks for anime watching Goku.

I think more long-running series should do a sci-fi reveal. Imagine if in Season 16 we learned that Homer Simpson was an alien sent to destroy Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

lizards are v adorable its true

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/rbkapoor1/status/1580931285966499840?s=46&t=oX32kQ_L2g5fKfSoFrcfOA

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

I think more long-running series should do a sci-fi reveal. Imagine if in Season 16 we learned that Homer Simpson was an alien sent to destroy Earth

They had that one treehouse of horror where he went 3d

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Kit Walker posted:

Every now and then I remember that Revue Starlight probably had the best magical girl transformation of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBIqQQGOM9s

For anybody who watches the series - There is a sequel movie that is extremely good. It's basically just a series of incredibly setpieces that look & sound amazing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lollontee posted:

wait, is this for real?

https://bbc.fandom.com/wiki/Lum_the_Invader_Girl

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Popy posted:

Frieza's magical girl transformation when he turns gold in dragon ball super is pretty cool, also weirdly racist towards saiyans

Brother, wait till you hear about his most recent powerup

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Terminal autist posted:

Brother, wait till you hear about his most recent powerup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=816PzuqmiJM

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Looks like lovely invader Zim ripoff... Pass

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Shame they’ve gotten so lazy with these super forms after Super Saiyan basically invented the template the whole industry has been using for 30 years. Just moving down the list on the fill tool. Blue Goku, Red Goku, Orange Piccolo, Black Freeza.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

luffy has like 7 or something but their all pretty unique i guess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
drat, Uzaki Wants To Play S2 is airing now too? This is the first season in a long while I've had trouble keeping up with all the good shows.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

tokin opposition posted:

Looks like lovely invader Zim ripoff... Pass

Invader Zim, but Dib has to marry Zim sounds like a fanfic some starry eyed preteen girl definitely wrote in the early 00's

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

galagazombie posted:

Shame they’ve gotten so lazy with these super forms after Super Saiyan basically invented the template the whole industry has been using for 30 years. Just moving down the list on the fill tool. Blue Goku, Red Goku, Orange Piccolo, Black Freeza.

Ultra Instinct was pretty inspired tho and instantly became iconic

also I loved how the Broly movie animated the different super saiyan forms, between gold and red and blue they all moved and fought differently from each other. that movie was so good.

Augus has issued a correction as of 15:00 on Oct 15, 2022

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I saw the first episode of this and it kinda sucks. the original, at least the movie, seemed fun and whimsical. this one is not.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Augus posted:

Ultra Instinct was pretty inspired tho and instantly became iconic

also I loved how the Broly movie animated the different super saiyan forms, between gold and red and blue they all moved and fought differently from each other. that movie was so good.
The newest movie is such a big let down not even a cameo from Android 21 could make up for it

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I liked the newest movie cause Gohan Blanco is in it and piccolo is the hero that's all I wanted

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah 2 new super forms is all I can ask for

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
new movies rules, piccolo best main character and dad

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

War and Pieces posted:

The newest movie is such a big let down not even a cameo from Android 21 could make up for it

the new movie was good imo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Shame it was the devil's 3d though. I will never accept it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Shame it was the devil's 3d though. I will never accept it

The 3D animation was actually remarkably impressive. It definitely felt like another, more developed iteration of the mixed 2D and 3D in Broly that managed to take advantage of the expanded possibilities of the new animation style without losing the characters' charm and expressiveness.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/mahou_mage/status/1581007319550214144?cxt=HHwWgICq0frx7vArAAAA

Makes u think

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Please the new movie didn't even have the Great Saiyaman

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

you are educated wrong and evil

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Mr. Lobe posted:

Invader Zim, but Dib has to marry Zim sounds like a fanfic some starry eyed preteen girl definitely wrote in the early 00's

ZADR demonstrated early on that a sizeable contingent of nerd women really want to see two or more weird guys hanging out and that market was fulfilled with web content like Monday Mythical Morning, MBMBAM, and those Try Guys

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
what is zadr

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Zim And Dib Romance?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thats what it means now

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

seeing broly opening night was so much fun, all time cinema experience

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I googled zadr. It does actually mean Zim and Dib Romance

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

https://twitter.com/buinao9/status/1581976796043804673?s=46&t=TYrGkj0D815sp8R7_X5QDg

watch the witch from mercury it’s an otome game Gundam

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1582065996646428672?s=20&t=yWmjugKtnjTnY8xQEPuhIA

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Casey Finnigan posted:

I googled zadr. It does actually mean Zim and Dib Romance

lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

I watched this today and loved it, never seen a gundam and I don't quite get the gundam/mobile suit distinction* but I'm gonna stay for the homosexuality that I've been promised

* i don't care either

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

I watched this today and loved it, never seen a gundam and I don't quite get the gundam/mobile suit distinction* but I'm gonna stay for the homosexuality that I've been promised

* i don't care either

in the witch from mercury, gundam is a mobile suit built on a specific taboo technology that seems to be some kind of special interface that puts the controls closer to your brain, developed for prosthetics. this is given in the prologue episode, which is on youtube or any other place you can watch the show. these sorts of distinguishing technologies are a typical feature in gundam shows; if it’s not a dangerous taboo brain link developed by fatal/disabling surgeries or experiments on children it’s weird materials called like gundanium or something. the general thrust is: gundams are special mobile suits with taboo technology that is weird enough to deter the established powers from relying on them or mass producing them, but people made desperate by some political economic aspects of solar system development have to turn to gundam for lack of military capacity otherwise. the upshot is some kid is able to fight massive amounts of enemies in space with colorful lasers and big explosions

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

The difference is that gundams have a v on their forehead and regular mobile suits do not

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Populon posted:

The difference is that gundams have a v on their forehead and regular mobile suits do not

V -> good guy
One eye -> bad guy
multiple eyes -> Probably god?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Gundams are like the Tiger tanks of their universe. Extremely powerful in use but of dubious strategic value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gundams are like the is-2 because they actually show up to the battlefield