Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

The Chairman posted:

yeah, if they ever decide to take a swing at a Starfleet Academy show like they've been thinking about for years, Frakes would make a great dean

Great, now you have me thinking of Community but at the Academy with a bunch of flunky cadets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Dean me up, Scotty!”

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

HD DAD posted:

Great, now you have me thinking of Community but at the Academy with a bunch of flunky cadets

that'd be fun but probably too close to Lower Decks; I imagine if they do find a pitch for it they like it's going to be a lot more Riverdale-ish

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Phylodox posted:

Dean me up, Scotty!”

"Surprise! *tears off sideburns* It's ME, THOMAS Riker!"
"Oh wow, what a surprise. And why the micro-skant uniform?"
"Would you believe Will's uniform didn't fit me?"
"Seeing as you're transporter clones... sure, why not."

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ehhh....... maybe if it's a cartoon series with the original TNG format, a well paid writing team, and guest writers/submitted stories like TNG was. I'm not really convinced anyone from the original cast can live act anymore. Except Michael Dorn.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TxhUZjxdn4

You can tell how pretty much everyone working on the show is a fan of classic Trek.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FlamingLiberal posted:

I did not notice this originally, but the Wayfarer’s registry was NCC-80085

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Pretty sure it was 80035

yeah it's NCC-80035

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

MadJackal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TxhUZjxdn4

You can tell how pretty much everyone working on the show is a fan of classic Trek.

Man this is great

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Barry Foster posted:

Man this is great

It's not mentioned in that video, but my favorite part of the DS9 episode is that Armin Shimerman brought his own Quark teeth from home to get the voice right.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

A.o.D. posted:

Naturally you can find exceptions, but these rules are based off of US Military convention of differing eras. In all eras, a general rule is the bigger the rank divide, the more formal the communications are.

This one stuck out to me last night:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Delsaber posted:

Only if it's a cooking show based around his outdoor pizza oven

Sold ! Get the rest of the cast as guest stars, and they just hang out in character cook stuff and drink.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-prodigy-lower-decks-crossover/

quote:

Here are Brett Gray and Ella Purnell's ideas for a Star Trek: Prodigy and Lower Decks crossover:

Ella Purnell: Lower Decks. I think it's so funny. I think it'd be fun. I don't know, do we do like a live-action crossover or is it like an animated crossover? Because it would be kind of cool to mix the two animation styles. I don't know how we would do that. I love the way Prodigy looks.

Brett Gray: Yeah, I would say Lower Decks, too. I would love to see them come to like the boujee world of CGI. And then we can go visit their world too and see what we look like in their style of animation. I think that'd be dope. But I totally agree that there needs to be some sort of crossover at some point. And also that if we need to do live-action, we should. (laughs) We should!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I see no reason why they can't just go around doing lower deck crossovers with every show they have. poo poo, go to DS9 in live action, do a classic TNG episode animated so the LD folks can mess with a classic plot, go nuts

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I want a whole LD episode set in the old movie era. or some other excuse to get them onto a refit-con.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Sisko returns and takes over his father's Cajun restaurant and teams up with Riker who has a pizza restaurant next door to dispense food related wisdom to cadets and help their personal journeys. And solve mysteries.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Astroman posted:

Sisko returns and takes over his father's Cajun restaurant and teams up with Riker who has a pizza restaurant next door to dispense food related wisdom to cadets and help their personal journeys. And solve mysteries.

Ben’s Beignets

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

An entire season arc where we find out the rare artifact everyone is killing for is a spice Riker is going to put on his pizza. Season ends in a big pizza party. The whiny cadet gets into a fight with an animatronic Cardassian vole named Eggs E. Taspar.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Neelix needs to be a recurring villain somehow.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Star Trek Prodigy video game came out yesterday. I've been playing a little.

It's very basic and definitely designed as a kids game I think, but the entire voice cast of the series fully voices it, I really like the art, the cutscenes are all done in comic book style which is simultaneously a sign the game is cheap but also look really nice, the menus are in LCARS, I'm liking it.

Costs more than what it's worth if it doesn't get any more complicated than it has been so far but pretty enjoyable if extremely simple and easy.

You basically are just walking through some environs with very light combat challenges and puzzles mostly with getting electricity to flow to the correct place. You control Dal and Gwyn and use both to solve puzzles. You swap at the press of a button or just play co-op.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yeah it's NCC-80035

I want to believe Broimler meant to put in 80085s but either messed up or he doesn't know how to turn the holodecks maturity rating up so it wouldn't let him.

Also Sloan worked only due to William Sadler.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Phylodox posted:

He's like Plankton, trying to get Riker's secret pizza recipe and failing spectacularly every episode.

Also, Riker has no idea. Doesn't notice Neelix, can never remember who he is. Neelix is red-faced and angry, screaming his name and Riker just starts tromboning

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
the first duty of every starfleet officer is to the trombone

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

XboxPants posted:

the first duty of every starfleet officer is to the trombone

Whether it's scientific trombone, or historical trombone, or personal trombone!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It is the guiding notes they don't play on which Starfleet is based!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Brawnfire posted:

He's like Plankton, trying to get Riker's secret pizza recipe and failing spectacularly every episode.

Also, Riker has no idea. Doesn't notice Neelix, can never remember who he is. Neelix is red-faced and angry, screaming his name and Riker just starts tromboning

"Hand over the Golden Leola Root, Riker!"
"Hey, Felix! Join in on this Coltrane melody!" ::starts blowing horn::

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

CPColin posted:

It is the guiding notes they don't play on which Starfleet is based!

If you can't find it within yourself to stand up and toot those doots, you don't deserve to wear that uniform!

I want the DS9 theme in Trombone Champ so bad

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious
*Circles DS9 while sadly playing the DS9 theme on trombone*

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious
Unrelated but this latest episode of Lower Decks was wonderful. Classic Trek but William Boimlers death and Mariner trying to help our Boimler through it was wonderful. Very Trek plot but also fun. The Takei cameo was also so great. It was the same bullshit truisms the holodeck was generating but from an actual person....kind of.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The holodeck is such a well-established thing by now that I sometimes forget that Tendi and Rutherford were probably running around like 12 feet away from Mariner and Boimler the entire time. Like a graphics stripped out surveillance recording* of the room would be kind of hilarious because it would just be four Ensigns running around and flailing their limbs while having half-conversations with things that aren't there.

* Riker: Wait, there are surveillance tapes!?! :wtc:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Riker is just blurred from the neck down

It's automated by the computer, to protect the security team

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Screaming_Gremlin posted:

Fantastic episode, yet strangely the thing I was laughing the most at was Rutherford trying to wear the punk's clothes. "They don't fit. We need to find bigger punks!"

"Look, we don't want any.......WITNESSES!"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Phylodox posted:

He's the jerk owner of the rival restaurant down the street, like Gary on Cheers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Astroman posted:

He's the jerk owner of the rival restaurant down the street, like Gary on Cheers.

What's the difference!? You're their all time best seller!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Gromit posted:

"Look, we don't want any.......WITNESSES!"

Shaxs never misses.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh yeah, one bonus from this episode: I now know how to pronounce Tatasciore.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Professor Beetus posted:

I see no reason why they can't just go around doing lower deck crossovers with every show they have. poo poo, go to DS9 in live action, do a classic TNG episode animated so the LD folks can mess with a classic plot, go nuts

If they do what DS9 did with that TOS episode, it should be to the old Animated Star Trek. Maybe the one where they meet the devil.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Boimler in a fiddle-off with the devil would be a pretty good callback.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bring back Ardra for an episode of LDS

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Dolash posted:

If they do what DS9 did with that TOS episode, it should be to the old Animated Star Trek. Maybe the one where they meet the devil.

I'm almost positive if they animate the SNW crew they will be in the Star Trek: The Animated Series style, that seems too obvious to not do (we might even seem Boimler and Mariner turned into that style too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Professor Beetus posted:

How about : Trials and Tribble-ations again?
Lower Decks crew do something during the time of the TOS episode but the DS9 crew is there too and they have to avoid them.