Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

By popular demand posted:

I had to look up this man and :gop:

Yeah I could have done without learning about this guy today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Is Hastings that bad?

E: this does look suspicious

:suspense: what are you hiding Hastings?

The only time I've been to Hastings was when i got locked out and had to go get some spare keys from a housemate who was in Hastings.

We got there at about 9am and from the station to the road they were waiting for us we got accosted 2 times by drunks begging us for beer. When we got to the car, she was like "GET IN QUICK". and locked the doors as soon as we were. She started to drive and a group of kids came SPRINTING up to slide over the bonnet, jumping on it like a trampoline. There wasn't enough space to get up any real speed, but going at 30 didn't deter them from jumping across the car. She just tutted and swerved the last of them off.

It was like something out of Mad Max. But I guess like, "Grumpy Max". Weird as gently caress.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lol wtf

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

I had to look up this man and :gop:

wow and that magazine cover is real too wtf the vietnam era was so wack

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Everything I learned about the cold war makes it sound like America was fully prepared to genocide any country that wanted to align with the soviets, which a lot of countries wanted to do because of how badly they were hosed by colonialism, so America ended up killing half the globe.

Content:

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
edit: nm

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

More like House of Leaves than the Bible

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Yaldabaoth posted:

Everything I learned about the cold war makes it sound like America was fully prepared to genocide any country that wanted to align with the soviets, which a lot of countries wanted to do because of how badly they were hosed by colonialism, so America ended up killing half the globe.

World War II and its associated atrocities ended up causing the largest amount of casualties out of any event in history, and it didn't even come close to killing half the globe. Seriously, what on earth are you talking about?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hugged by the killing of all the firstborns and the wilful massacre of all terrestrial life on the planet except a handful of dorks on a raft

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Yaldabaoth posted:

Content:

I don’t remember Billy Joel music making an appearance in scripture.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Yaldabaoth posted:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

trapped mouse posted:

World War II and its associated atrocities ended up causing the largest amount of casualties out of any event in history, and it didn't even come close to killing half the globe. Seriously, what on earth are you talking about?

They didn't literally kill half the globe, it just sounds like they did due to the long list of countries America hosed over to own the soviets.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Yaldabaoth posted:

They didn't literally kill half the globe, it just sounds like they did due to the long list of countries America hosed over to own the soviets.

But...that's so dumb. Literally the opposite happened, the world population doubled in size during the Cold War.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

trapped mouse posted:

But...that's so dumb. Literally the opposite happened, the world population doubled in size during the Cold War.

most of those population gains were reported in china and the USSR and because we know that communism doesn't work they had to be fudging those numbers by many orders of magnitude, so ironically the communists successfully covered up the west's mass genocide where they killed 1/2 of the population of earth to make sure that the communists couldn't

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My new cursed image is people arguing with Yaldabaoth.

Like I don't care who said what, you're all cursed.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Well I've been to Hastings and I've been to Brighton
I've been to Eastbourne too
So what?

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Yaldabaoth posted:

Content, a lawless zone in the middle of England:

Kid and I are at the part in LOTR book where the orcs get ground to fuckin mulch after Helm's Deep, so I'm more scared of the trees here

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I only know East Hastings.

They have a large barge with a radio antenna tower on it that they would charge up and discharge

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

East Hastings in Vancouver is also an ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK area.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kntfkr posted:

I only know East Hastings.

They have a large barge with a radio antenna tower on it that they would charge up and discharge

:hmmyes:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Yaldabaoth posted:

Jesus dude please stop

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Seriously, what is the deal with that guy

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Seriously, what is the deal with that guy

goony goon.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

Yes the attempted murder, whoever started the tragedy charged with more but they both are the worst.

Cool, thanks - that was my initial take on your post but it's the kind of thing where being extra clear helps.

My new cursed image is people arguing with Yaldabaoth.

Like I don't care who said what, you're all cursed.

:hmmyes:

Seriously, though: more images, less chat.

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 15, 2022

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That better be wood glue you sick fucks

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Some guy named Elmer back in a corner passed out in a chair.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

"90% OF PEOPLE CAN'T FIND THE BISCUIT IN THIS PICTURE!"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

That better be wood glue you sick fucks

It's part of a ritual to summon Samp Cloudman.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It's part of a ritual to summon Samp Cloudman.

Ah, my favorite Death Stranding character

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I expect yaldabaoth's posts would fit in this thread if they were in exact multiples of 1,000 words

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, my favorite Death Stranding character

Good. This is good stuff.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

Content:

Bible's got some moves.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

this reminds me of a great story. an early high school health class a friend of mine attended was getting into reproductive health and whatever forward thinking teach did a little lesson about dating specifically. they began by letting the kids write their idea for a fun first date on a slip of paper and the teach would read them aloud to the class for a little discussion about the ideas anonymously

so she finally gets to my friend's slip and says "I don't think I should read this one." but the class cajoles her into it and she says "it just says 'murder suicide'."

BasicLich fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 16, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Some guy named Elmer back in a corner passed out in a chair.

Lol

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

It's that part with the 200 foreskins.
Gets me gooey every time too.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

BasicLich posted:

this reminds me of a great story. an early high school health class a friend of mine attended was getting into reproductive health and whatever forward thinking teach did a little lesson about dating specifically. they began by letting the kids write their idea for a fun first date on a slip of paper and the teach would read them aloud to the class for a little discussion about the ideas anonymously

so she finally gets to my friend's slip and says "I don't think I should read this one." but the class cajoles her into it and she says "it just says 'murder suicide'."

lmao

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

happyhippy posted:

It's that part with the 200 foreskins.
Gets me gooey every time too.

Wait until you hit Ezekiel 23:20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/DGuF4De.mp4