Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Midjack posted:

World's "richest" "man" looking for a handout from the United States.

How do you think he became the world's richest man? A lot about Tesla becomes clear when you realize they never really made money selling cars. Their real profit center was selling carbon credits to other automakers and getting other low emission subsidies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Arrath posted:

Y'know, for anyone who doesn't already dislike musk, somehow.

Edit: "like" should have been "dislike"

“I said something dumb/possibly illegal on the internet and got called on it. Now I am all butt hurt about it and lashing out In ways that can cause problems for millions of people.”

When you’re a billionaire they just let you do it, or something.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Musk is Backpfeifengesicht: The Person

Ted Cruz earned this title through years of hard work, but damned if Musk isn’t just gonna go straight for it right away.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

How do you think he became the world's richest man? A lot about Tesla becomes clear when you realize they never really made money selling cars. Their real profit center was selling carbon credits to other automakers and getting other low emission subsidies.

That's a minor part of his wealth

He's only the richest man on paper, and that's because the value of Tesla stock is inflated by all his crazy fanboys even though Tesla is much less profitable than GM or Toyota or VW.

If the price of Tesla stocks drops, he loses his title, because that's the only valuable thing he has.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah, Tesla stock is wildly overvalued and Musk is not nearly as wealthy as he appears. He's still obscenely rich, of course, but not the most in the world.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
He probably doesn't even own any Senators. How can he truly claim to be rich?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

A.o.D. posted:

He probably doesn't even own any Senators. How can he truly claim to be rich?

Why would you *buy* Senators when they're much cheaper to lease?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arrath posted:

I have crashed three in my duties as licensed drone pilot at work. :v:

One wasn't my fault.

Y'know, for anyone who doesn't already dislike musk, somehow.

Edit: "like" should have been "dislike"

Claims to spend $44 billion just so fascists can keep posting on the twitters, demands 0.2% of that amount be given to him to help keep Ukraine a free country.

Anyone who still defends this guy is like anyone who defends Trump. Fascist enabling shithead not worth engaging other than a punch to the face.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Stultus Maximus posted:

Claims to spend $44 billion just so fascists can keep posting on the twitters, demands 0.2% of that amount be given to him to help keep Ukraine a free country.

Anyone who still defends this guy is like anyone who defends Trump. Fascist enabling shithead not worth engaging other than a punch to the face.

Given that Elon is pushing for the GOP as a "Reasonable Moderate Party", anything he says has to be assumed to be to support fascism.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Was enjoying Movies that Made Us about Robocop as they snagged interviews with Kurtwood Smith & Nancy Allen, then suddenly a certain ugly tech CEO’s face appeared when they mentioned the movie predicting the rise of corporate power. Sick of seeing that weirdo everywhere.

Although it was funny to learn when they were filming in Dallas for the gas station explosion they used way too much pyro and blew out windows blocks away so Dallas changed laws about what filming was allowed.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CommieGIR posted:

Given that Elon is pushing for the GOP as a "Reasonable Moderate Party", anything he says has to be assumed to be to support fascism.

I have a hard time believing that a kid raised during Apartheid by a dude who owned an African gem mine could ever grow up be a secret fascist. :colbert:

I mean, everyone *knows* Elon is 115% self-made! And when he was born, a unicorn carried him up to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro and whispered the secret to success in his ear.

It's end-game :capitalism:, Charlie Brown.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kazinsal posted:

A shitload of Russia's land-based nuclear weapons are mobile. In theory they could be anywhere.

In practice I'm sure that :nsa: knows exactly where every nuke-equipped TEL in Russia is at any given point in time.

Just like in Iraq.

Carth Dookie posted:

Sunk Russian ships/subs within 24 hours. Russian air force defeated and no fly zone semi-active/active within 3 days (allowing for deployment ring rust) and pretty much anything still in Ukraine with a Z on it eating an F-16 dopped GBU/HARM/JDAM before the week is out.

Easy there, grover.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

Just like in Iraq.

Hey, we knew for sure where those TELs were plus or minus 300 km.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
And we imagined enough to probably account for the missing ones.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1581189382924431360

:byewhore:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I thought it was considered poor taste to post suicides here.

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I have a hard time believing that a kid raised during Apartheid by a dude who owned an African gem mine could ever grow up be a secret fascist. :colbert:

Also his dad moved from Canada to Apartheid South Africa in the 1960s. Probably for the better climate

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

So uh, is she single now?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1581345747777179651

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

What a wet bitch

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

"Everyone turned on me so I'll play the victim"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

A Master Class on how to piss literally everyone possible off. :discourse:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Elviscat posted:

A Master Class on how to piss literally everyone possible off. :discourse:

he's a putin-tier strategist

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Lol, ‘free’. He got paid and has been getting paid. He’s playing the, “well retail price is $$$ so technically I’m losing money by selling at below that” nonsense.

I expect any reasonable accounting for starlinks costs would show that public money has paid for it and again.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Translation: Please keep the SUB aware from me. My cars already set themselves on fire.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

I would guess that the volunteer units are more pro-putin and would get better treatment/less dangerous positions, while Putin and put anyone with a hint of being against him as fodder

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chopstix posted:

I would guess that the volunteer units are more pro-putin and would get better treatment/less dangerous positions, while Putin and put anyone with a hint of being against him as fodder

Considering this I don’t think they’re good at organizing units.

https://twitter.com/loogunda/status/1581371960248111104?s=46&t=xWY0P6vDa3ojYSKkpu1slQ

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012
https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...e-says-12721651

Another stunning success story for Russian mobilisation, 11 dead and 15 injured in Belgorod range shooting.
It appears the incident involved "volunteer" soldiers...though that is the Russian MoD definition of volunteer!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Translation: Please keep the SUB aware from me. My cars already set themselves on fire.

i highly, highly, highly doubt that the sbu is threatening musk

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I was joking about it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

he's being threatened by the ShiBainU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

oh poo poo that's good.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

:thurman:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

lmao, that I'll believe

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Alan Smithee posted:

:cheersdoge:

Pack it up, fellas; we're going home!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/samramani2/status/1581355911033290752?s=46&t=viiDggica-1oDsVtaNCXTw

:lmao:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

One of Trump’s best quotes is about how he’d have Elon in his office begging on his knees if he dangled a government subsidy

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

These hosts should probably be a bit introspective about WHY america has bases all over the world

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

One of Trump’s best quotes is about how he’d have Elon in his office begging on his knees if he dangled a government subsidy

Grifters recognise grifters.

Starlink's business model is to have a high cost sat network running which extracts the most amount of dollars from customers below the current position of the sat. The only costs to starlink of customers Ukraine is customer support, any subsidies of receivers, and the cost of putting satellites in particular orbits. The marginal cost of extra subscribers is basically zero. So the strategy would be to cram as many customers in as possible, for the highest price they'll pay.
Given this model, profit margins on users are only limited by the value of starlink to the customer. Musk I'd basically making the USG the customer, which makes sense, since they have more money to throw around than the Ukrainian forces.
However in pr, generally you want your customers to think that everything you do is to be nice to the customer, not to soak them for cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flikken posted:

These hosts should probably be a bit introspective about WHY america has bases all over the world

I don’t think they can recognize such things any more. lol