Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I guess Markstrom has ptsd from the playoffs cause Vladar is starting tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

ilmucche posted:

ah perfect, thanks. I thought it was hawks kings but they didn't play the years i had in mind. Is there a way to watch the full game with bob cole commentary or is that all memory holed in a cbc basement somewhere?

I know there used to be a youtube video of the whole thing but I can't find it. Pretty sure it was in a downgoesbrown article somewhere, maybe a puck daddy retrospective?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Samsonov will flash in the regular season then break your heart in the playoffs, good luck.

You are… familiar with the last 6 years of Leafs hockey, right?

bub spank posted:

I thought it was funny that the Leafs were relying on Murray this year. But now to find out that they’re relying on Murray to stay HEALTHY? Dubas, you fool. You glorious fool.

Ilya Samsonov was signed specifically because the team knew they couldn’t bank on Murray carrying a starter’s workload, otherwise they’d have just kept Källgren up and spent the surplus on Evan Rodrigues instead of PTOing Zach Aston-Reese.

Nobody was relying on Murray for anything, and the current sensationalism around the Leafs maybe having to use an EBUG tonight is overblown and also pretty normal, most teams would have an issue if one of their goalies went down the morning of a game.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I guess Markstrom has ptsd from the playoffs cause Vladar is starting tonight.

I'd say that's accurate.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Just like the “Mitch Marner is a defenseman now!” nonsense the usual media people are drumming up clicks over stuff that is absolutely routine. The Leafs have a goalie tandem for a reason, when two goalies get hurt within 12 hours of each other on game day that would be a challenge for most teams (except it’s not because Källgren ended up being fine).

Everything’s packaged like a disaster because they know people can’t resist credulously gobbling up anything that seems like bad news about Toronto and it never fails to work because hockey fans are greedy little pigs for misfortune.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Hand Knit posted:

I know there used to be a youtube video of the whole thing but I can't find it. Pretty sure it was in a downgoesbrown article somewhere, maybe a puck daddy retrospective?

dgb definitely wrote about it in an article but it didn't have a video :(

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Koopa Kid posted:

Just like the “Mitch Marner is a defenseman now!” nonsense the usual media people are drumming up clicks over stuff that is absolutely routine. The Leafs have a goalie tandem for a reason, when two goalies get hurt within 12 hours of each other on game day that would be a challenge for most teams (except it’s not because Källgren ended up being fine).

Everything’s packaged like a disaster because they know people can’t resist credulously gobbling up anything that seems like bad news about Toronto and it never fails to work because hockey fans are greedy little pigs for misfortune.

I have a counter point though:

Lol Leafs

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Koopa Kid posted:

Yep, and the Leafs are the gift that keeps on giving

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If you're not relying on Murray then you shouldn't be paying him 4.7 million

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I was about to say "they aren't" but wow, it's $4.7M after Ottawa retains 25%. That sure is a contract.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

oh I found it! With bob cole !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCHYcpBVV9w

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1581394138507141120?s=46&t=fF7uw6oC11Rp2lTIWE90Jg

1 game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

I was about to say "they aren't" but wow, it's $4.7M after Ottawa retains 25%. That sure is a contract.

Yeah I said all offseason, the issue wasn’t necessarily taking a flyer on Murray it was taking a flyer on a guy who’s so expensive that you can’t afford to build up the team around him. Dubas said after the trade that Ottawa had another offer and it was take 25% or not acquire him, which is yet another self-own because if that’s the case just don’t acquire Matt Murray

Murray going on LTIR isn’t the worst thing, he looked rough in the game he did play and now the Leafs won’t have to make a move to get Liljegren or Robertson back on the roster if they want to.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

One game stopover on the way to Robidas Island.

e:

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/1581404723415904256?s=20&t=j4Dg5e3sqnsZm2Wq9XAkLA

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its fine they still have a zamboni driver.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol Leafs

Who could have seen this coming!!??

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1581406194694238209

Welp. NHL says they weren't able to contact the accuser so this will fall by the wayside.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Not real NHL, but video game NHL, the newest Fumble Dimension was breaking NHL 22.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaV72g-t9-o

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wait, the Flyers are 2-0 to start the year? One day Torts’ devil magic is gonna run out

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I loving hate the Philadelphia Flyers

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

marioinblack posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1581406194694238209

Welp. NHL says they weren't able to contact the accuser so this will fall by the wayside.

Don't worry they tried really hard for an entire week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KatieJStrang/status/1581428596639379456

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This person claims to have inside info on the forthcoming reverse retro jerseys.
https://twitter.com/AliMurji1/status/1581322308836556801/photo/1
Most are terrible, so you know its all true.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

I mean that's pretty laughable but it's also highly likely that the person has their account set to not accept any direct messages, to avoid all the nasty stuff that people would almost certainly be spamming them with. So there really isn't anything the NHL can do other than send a dopey reply asking them to message them.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Koopa Kid posted:

Wait, the Flyers are 2-0 to start the year? One day Torts’ devil magic is gonna run out

turning the locker room against a common enemy (the trainer the team gave cancer to) has really tightened the group, dark horse playoff team

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

when two goalies get hurt within 12 hours of each other on game day that would be a challenge for most teams (except it’s not because Källgren ended up being fine).

The claim was that the Leafs only have three goalies with pro contracts in North America while being at the 50 contract limit and that is very much not normal.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

fermun posted:

Not real NHL, but video game NHL, the newest Fumble Dimension was breaking NHL 22.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaV72g-t9-o

Maximum physicality and fighting is always the correct way to play the game though. We played exactly like this in NHL12

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

The claim was that the Leafs only have three goalies with pro contracts in North America while being at the 50 contract limit and that is very much not normal.

People make a big deal of the contract cap and it’s never an issue, it’s very easy to move some nobody for future considerations if they need to bring someone in. There’s no doubt in my mind that if they were in a bind Petruzelli would get a deal and some nobody like Gaudette or Kral would find themselves in Edmonton, but that doesn’t happen in ~6 hours.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Who itt asked about Sonny Milano recently?

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1581447331966160896?t=JsRrQOJkqAVSuthDLLw-lg&s=19

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/ryannovo62/status/1581452151586361346?s=46&t=e6tl3i9qJBJH4SQYlQ7axQ

As a Caps fan let me say please do not fire Lindy Ruff

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I think it's getting to the end of the line.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I think it's getting to the end of the line.

eh, at this point you're better off waiting for a flailing team to fire their good coach unless there's a good candidate out there

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

eh, at this point you're better off waiting for a flailing team to fire their good coach unless there's a good candidate out there

Trotz

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh, yeah, gently caress yeah
without a second thought they should make that swap

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Ruff is garbage but the problem in this particular game is five goals on 20 shots

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Ruff is garbage but the problem in this particular game is five goals on 20 shots

Basically Fitz should be fired with Ruff for the staggering incompetence that they handled the goalie situation with.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens look pretty good so far. Granted they played Arizona and then Tampa on a back to back with Tampa having Elliot in net.

Really like how they look so far though

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
The Vancouver Canucks are dogshit garbage

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

nature6pk posted:

The Vancouver Canucks are dogshit garbage

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
DJ Smith seems like a nice dude but holy hell I hope he becomes unemployed soon, this team is too talented now to be dumping and chasing on the pp/with the goalie pulled

Brannstrom has been a nice surprise, Sanderson is as solid as advertised but Chabot looks lost out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Oh, yeah, gently caress yeah
without a second thought they should make that swap

Devils better get to steppin' because Brad Larsen's approaching halfway to where Jarmo fires coaches to start the season.

...actually, do not do that. Keep Lindy.