Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Higher ranks in every game have a longer queue than other modes. OW was particularly bad though nowhere near the old LoL with 45 minute queues.

Makes sense, forgive my casual gamer ignorance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Shoegazing posted:

Someone tell me not to spend 20 dollars on a skin

:homebrew:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
use that $20 to get a nice duck meal at a local thai place.

if you're some flavor of vegetarian use it to buy a friend an indie multiplayer game you like to financially pressure them into playing it with you.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bottom Liner posted:

Higher ranks in every game have a longer queue than other modes. OW was particularly bad though nowhere near the old LoL with 45 minute queues.

off hours high gm was absolutely getting into 30+ minute queues. I stopped ever watching ow on twitch because even when it wasn't that bad, it was still often 15-20 minutes of downtime per game

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Countblanc posted:

no skin in this game is worth remotely $20. i cant even begin to guess which one you're considering

The only one was the Mercy breast cancer skin

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Countblanc posted:

no skin in this game is worth remotely $20. i cant even begin to guess which one you're considering

I wanted the vampire hunter Brigitte skin, because I like it a lot, I have none for her, and I’ve been playing her a lot.

I have been successfully convinced otherwise. Thank you all

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
anyone else having issues with voice chat?

i get voice for like 15 seconds and thats it. i have it set to automatically join group and team but nothing. I cant even hear anyone else it doesnt even display the lil "this person is talking"

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Shoegazing posted:

Someone tell me not to spend 20 dollars on a skin

What skin is it? I bet someone in this thread can tell you they have it and it's not that great.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Grillmaster 76 is worth 20 bucks

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Biaga posted:

support had 10 minute ques? What the gently caress game where you playing... I mostly play support and never had a que of more then a few minutes (OW1 or OW2).

Yeah and the bottleneck was tanks in end state OW1. Nobody wants the pressure of being a main tank soaking up 10 different CC abilities. So supports are going to wait 10 minutes for a tank to queue up.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

how the gently caress do you counter Zarya she just walks forward and microwaves you to death no matter what other tank you pick.

edit: maybe I should just ignore her and Winston into their backline

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I got silver 5 on support even though I lost way more games than I won, and bronze 2 on DPS even though I won more games than I lost. Granted I know I'm not a very good DPS and belong in the silver/gold tier at best, but it was weird since I was getting a lot of eliminations and damage. I also felt like I wasn't doing as well with heals or staying alive as a support.

This ranking stuff is weird.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"trust in the process" - brigitte, overwatch 2

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

how the gently caress do you counter Zarya she just walks forward and microwaves you to death no matter what other tank you pick.

If you want to go toe to toe, I think agro rein can make her blow her cooldowns and then easy pin. He can also still outplay her in the "taking up space" game.

This depends on the enemy DPS not destroying him from various angles. As always, rein needs team play to work.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I got dropped into a comp lobby with SypherPK (a Fortnite streamer) just a few moments ago for my DPS solo queue, lmao. I played Sombra. Me and this Genji just rolled his team, it was beautiful.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I LOVE PLAYING BRIGITTE SHE IS SO FUN

MACE TO THE FACE

luckily i am bad so my opponents are unable to kill me. cant imagine having to play ana or kiriko

Can someone tell me what overhealth is? Did it replace armour? How does armour even work now? I last played a million years ago.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Why are still decent players in B5 ffs, I'd like to play once in a while

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They're not trapped in bronze bug hell with you, you're

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I need a rank worse than B5 rank then

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Unironically yes.

A lot of overwatch right now is ignoring their tank as much as possible, mostly you use them as ult charge (if you can do it safely) and murder their supports otherwise.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Overdrift posted:

Are there any discords to play this with goons?

I would also like to know!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
overwatch: the spooky support survival horror game

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Down here with the other baddies, most fights crumple not after the tank, but the supports get melted by an unaddressed flanker. No matter how beastly the tanks are, they basically all melt 3-5v1 when there's no covering fire or healing.

Also most of the times I'm in a one-sided ultra-loss it's because one of their DPS wraps around and 2-3 shots both supports while the tank and DPS keep pushing forward with zero situational awareness.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Quotey posted:

I LOVE PLAYING BRIGITTE SHE IS SO FUN

MACE TO THE FACE

luckily i am bad so my opponents are unable to kill me. cant imagine having to play ana or kiriko

Can someone tell me what overhealth is? Did it replace armour? How does armour even work now? I last played a million years ago.

Every source of temporary armour/health/shield has been combined under the term overhealth, that works like temporary health, except it gives less ult charge than normal.

Armor straight reduces 30% Damage.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
iw ish i could play the mace lady

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Andrigaar posted:

Down here with the other baddies, most fights crumple not after the tank, but the supports get melted by an unaddressed flanker. No matter how beastly the tanks are, they basically all melt 3-5v1 when there's no covering fire or healing.

Also most of the times I'm in a one-sided ultra-loss it's because one of their DPS wraps around and 2-3 shots both supports while the tank and DPS keep pushing forward with zero situational awareness.

I'm starting to think me playing support is the reason I've got like 20% winrate

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

when someone says "heal diff" or "tank diff" in chat are they trying to tell that role to swap characters?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
it means they are manbabies blaming their teammates for their loss

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Overdrift posted:

Are there any discords to play this with goons?

Aipsh posted:

I would also like to know!

Pretty sure this started as a goon server!

https://discord.gg/srsoc

I don't see anything SA related in the FAQ / etc but see lots of reference to the forums still so I think my memory is correct.

Haven't played with them in 5 years but I recall they live up to their name :coolfish:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The Slack Lagoon posted:

when someone says "heal diff" or "tank diff" in chat are they trying to tell that role to swap characters?

they're saying theirs is better or worse. differential/gap/etc. its the new "ez".

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

They’re trying to tell you that they’re an rear end in a top hat and you shouldn’t listen to them. Also, they’re also telling you that they were probably the actual worst members of your team.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

people saying "diff" is honestly so annoying it and everything that replaces should be aggressively word filtered into the same thing as "ggez" so it becomes meaningless. currently "ggez" just types out a long version of ggez that is even more scathing. yes im suggesting you shouldnt be able to say "difference"

Hashy fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 16, 2022

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

MACE TO THE FACE

E: thanks weekly challenges...

it is true that i have healed 0 as brigitte, because i am always 200m away from my team killing the enemy, and never take damage because i dodge 100% of bullets. my team also doesn't take damage because i ask them politely at round start.

Quotey fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 16, 2022

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Don't do Skirmish while waiting in queue between games, it resets all those stats for some reason.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
People tell me to swap off tracer every game even if I've got 30 elims and as much damage as soldier. People are dumb as hell

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I don’t see many tracers

Symmetra is also a rarity

I think I’ve seen the robot lady once.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like Sojourn a lot, if I have to play a damage class I think she's going to be it.

I'm having fun but I'm also sticking to unranked. I don't 100% understand the point of role queue in unranked but yeah sure I'll take the 500 XP bonus since I mostly play Lucio anyway.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

abigserve posted:

People tell me to swap off tracer every game even if I've got 30 elims and as much damage as soldier. People are dumb as hell

it don't matter how many elims you've got if your team is losing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I got yelled at by an angry child that can not have been older than 10 summers

We won the match but the little one kept angrily shouting at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!