Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

xiw posted:

It'll be on steam soon https://store.steampowered.com/app/2128390/Leviathan_An_Interactive_Comic_Book/

However I bought the physical copy and it's nowhere near as intricate as Meanwhile unfortunately - much smaller pages.

A shame, but I guess it makes sense if it's a smaller project. I'm glad the interview confirmed he's still working on his crazy 600 page cyoa comic with three spines(?) and tabs that also work as memory somehow (??). I was worried it would be a Xanadu-esqu black hole that gets worked on for decades but never finished, and to be fair I'm not entirely convinced it isn't that, but it sounds like he's making good progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'd say Frankenstein by ito is not fine but Jason shiga is ok
ill start posting Demon later tonight when back home then

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Elviscat posted:

I have this, performed by the Soviet Red Army Choir on vinyl, I'll need to do my reading in the proper environment next time it's posted.

Correct ambience is always important.

Emzedoh posted:

Witch Vasenka's War: Here Comes a Western Witch

Punch Nazis Maul Nazis.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Cepelis punches the absolute poo poo out of an innocent frog! Thanks to the power of heroin, the frog is unharmed while the rock below splits in twain!

Read right to left:

Chapter 19 - Second Episode of Jack Tumbo and Zeppeli Dzwiner: END

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

Demon is loving gross and also Fleep by Shiga got panned so hard in this thread that poster gave up on posting it.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
PYF comic: What the gently caress is happening? Yes.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What kind of loving idiot MOCKS A BEAR. Did she consider covering herself in delicious BBQ sauce beforehand as well?

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

What kind of loving idiot MOCKS A BEAR. Did she consider covering herself in delicious BBQ sauce beforehand as well?

Umberto Eco posted:

8. The followers must feel humiliated by the ostentatious wealth and force of their enemies.

When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers of Ur-Fascism must also be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak. Fascist governments are condemned to lose wars because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the enemy.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
The block of text so popular it got its own smiley.

:umberto:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Holy poo poo a new Jason Shiga CYOA? Meanwhile legit really stuck with a young me. His more traditional stories tend to be more hit or miss but that's not me saying to not post Demon.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Man, I'd love to do a thread Meanwhile playthrough, somehow. But that feels like one of those copyright things. Digitally there's the Steam version, which isn't free, and of course neither is the original book, which is what I have. Though I guess it'd pan out kind of like an LP, not a proper substitute for having free reign yourself? Also, it's clearly part of the intended experience that you catch glimpses of plotlines you haven't encountered yet as you trace your actual path. That'd be tough to recreate, though I have ideas for how I would attempt it.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Emzedoh posted:

Punch Nazis Maul Nazis.

i love this fake-out between the third and fourth page. i dunno if this is the intended reading, but when vasenka said she could turn into an animal, and then the next shot is a bird overhead with bertha thinking she had given them the slip, i was thinking that vasenka had turned into a bird and was watching from above. then: gently caress U BEAR OUTTA NOWHERE

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Lmao I'm glad someone did it

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Raluek posted:

i love this fake-out between the third and fourth page. i dunno if this is the intended reading, but when vasenka said she could turn into an animal, and then the next shot is a bird overhead with bertha thinking she had given them the slip, i was thinking that vasenka had turned into a bird and was watching from above. then: gently caress U BEAR OUTTA NOWHERE

I did the exact same thing

Stand Still. Stay Silent

It’s really easy to forget that Reynir only speaks Icelandic, which isn’t really communicable with the other Scandinavian languages. Of the main group only Mikkel speaks it and he’s needed elsewhere as the heavy lifting guy

At least it’s a nice sunny day

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

Chapter 39

Blind Alley

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

readingatwork posted:

Ranking of Kings

You're gonna do us like this

Aaaaaah what is it? There's bows and stuff in the background is it a crossbow?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
CONTENT WARNING:
Suicide

Demon
By Jason Shiga
Chapter 1.01

World Famous W has a new favorite as of 09:29 on Oct 29, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

World Famous W posted:

Demon
By Jason Shiga
Chapter 1.01

The end!
No moral.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Me after drawing and erasing the same line for 3 minutes straight

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The end. No moral.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean posted:

The Unwomanly Face of War is a book by Svetlana Alexievich. She interviewed a number of women who served in WWII in the military of the USSR and fought against the Nazis and published their stories. In 2019, Koume Keito started a manga adaptation.

Chapter 1 part 2

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The end? No! Moral!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh god.

It begins.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I'm not gonna lie, I was considering posting Demon myself but I snoozed and I losed! Thanks for putting in the effort WFW.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

"Tunkeilijat ammutaan" = "Trespassers will be shot"
"-yminen kielletty" = "<something> prohibited"

My guess would be "lähestyminen kielletty", i.e. "approaching prohibited". In a more mundane setting I'd assume it's "leiriytyminen kielletty", "camping prohibited". There might be some other -yminen -ending word that I'm not thinking of atm.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Emzedoh posted:

Punch Nazis Maul Nazis.

Really enjoying these, which is surprising to me

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Geez, Ronnie :yikes:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fast forward half a decade and eggs sure don't have that problem now....

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

some plague rats posted:

Really enjoying these, which is surprising to me

Seriously though, I'm glad people are enjoying it. I didn't feel Vasenka's War got much attention when I first started posting it and I thought about stopping, but I see it has wormed its way into our hearts <3

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Hark! A Vagrant

I love Dief, I love him

FIRST A FEW MORE LUNCH BREAK COMICS

Now back to regular comics about history and Canada and whatnot.

To a deeluxe apartment

Look at that, the first time I made a comic more than one page!

DOOP DOOP

I ain’t gonna lie, the mermaids are fun times.

Oh god, what have I done

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Figured I'd update people. Sorry I stopped posting Narts, my fiance got COVID and I've been pretty busy keeping her alive! Then I got COVID and I feel like poo poo! We are both vaccinated so I don't think we are going to die, but it does suck!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Oh no the goon slush fund is run by a parakeet

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Figured I'd update people. Sorry I stopped posting Narts, my fiance got COVID and I've been pretty busy keeping her alive! Then I got COVID and I feel like poo poo! We are both vaccinated so I don't think we are going to die, but it does suck!

Focus on getting better you two, Narts can wait.
Protip: video games had been proven to be the best way to distract yourself from pain.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've asked before but was there any specific reason that Whomp ended? Its one of my favorite comics.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ronnie is doing a different comic now

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The seductive lure of manga finally won him over in the end :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tunicate posted:

Ronnie is doing a different comic now

https://tapas.io/series/From-Earth-in-Peace

It's alright. The site design drives me mad, though. I just want to see if it's updated or not!