Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I had No More Heroes 3 on Switch but barely played it because, well, it looked and ran like a switch title. Now that it’s on PS5 it’s smooth as butter and hell this game kicks rear end so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Leon Kennedy is officially safe! I'm really glad I went back to get the flamethrower after almost missing it because goddamn does it trivialize the final section

Very curious to see how much Claire's story differs, but considering she showed up to the ending with a tiny child in tow I'm really dreading what I assume are some miserable pure stealth sections

But should I do new game for Claire or new game 2nd run???

EDIT: my rank for posterity, I backtracked a LOT lol

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 16, 2022

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I recently resubbed for PC gamepass (to play Grounded with friends) so I will likely play Plague Take on that, but drat I'd I'd not rather play it on PlayStation instead.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

a PS5 fell on my skull

That's bullshit, you'd be nothing but red paste on the floor if this were true.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Wow the "finish the game" trophy for Modern Warfare 2019 is at 12%, and the rest of the mostly pedestrian trophies are below 1% earned.

I know most CoD player go straight to the MP, still impressive how the campaign is thoroughly ignored.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

Leon Kennedy is officially safe! I'm really glad I went back to get the flamethrower after almost missing it because goddamn does it trivialize the final section

Very curious to see how much Claire's story differs, but considering she showed up to the ending with a tiny child in tow I'm really dreading what I assume are some miserable pure stealth sections

But should I do new game for Claire or new game 2nd run???

EDIT: my rank for posterity, I backtracked a LOT lol

There's only a single stealth section (a counterpart to Ada's segment). It's pretty simple but probably annoying the first time

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

PacoPepe posted:

Wow the "finish the game" trophy for Modern Warfare 2019 is at 12%, and the rest of the mostly pedestrian trophies are below 1% earned.

I know most CoD player go straight to the MP, still impressive how the campaign is thoroughly ignored.

I think fomo plays a big part in this, people don’t want to “waste time” playing something that doesn’t make them progress or gain something. Even as simple as not playing with a friend can have a cooling effect on playing sp modes. I know I used to avoid sp because I didn’t want to fall behind my friends

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Dark Souls
Lake
Dragon's Crown Pro
Cult of the Lamb
Odin Sphere
Dragon's Dogma
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Kena Bridge of Spirits
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Shadow of the Colossus
The Last Guardian
rear end Creed Valhalla Ragnarok DLC

Still truckin' along through my backlog.

Just started Shadow of the Collossus and.... this loving horse.
Why does it feel so slow to ride? :psyduck:
Why does it keep barrelling past me when I just want it to gently caress off?!
Why does it ignore me when I *do* loving call for it?!?
Goddamnit I don't like horses in real life, why you gotta have such a realistic one game?!?!
Hope this rear end in a top hat gets Neverending Storied by the end :reject:

Anyway, question(s) for the thread: is there a reason to collect lizard tails and fruit?
I pick them up but as far as I can tell I don't have an inventory, so I'm inclined to believe they don't mean squat.
I also picked up something glowing gold near a waterfall, what was that? The game didn't give me any feedback on it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:vd:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They boost your max health and stamina.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

veni veni veni posted:

They boost your max health and stamina.

Oh nice :tipshat:

:kiddo:

My opinion might change as I get further in the game, but at the moment I'm going through control shock and the horse is annoying the poo poo out of me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
If you just hold x or whatever button you have assigned to make agro go faster, I think once she’s going as fast as possible you can just hold x and you’ll maintain that speed, and if you’re on a windy, narrow path, if you hold x without touching the left stick, agro won’t run into anything and will make the turns correctly, etc.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally someone else with the correct opinion on that drat horse

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Finally someone else with the correct opinion on that drat horse

Horses are stupid as hell

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

they are all jrpgs

:hmmyes:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They’re not but ok

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1581450025858498560?t=HZ-usZFLCHbA3K44NzjibA&s=19

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Guillermus posted:

Horses are stupid as hell

:hmmyes:

Motorbikes are better

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They are definitely at least 80% JRPG

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Someone got plauge tale 2 early and, well, hope its fans itt like only cinematic modes with no other options...

Edit: apparantly its upcapped and frames are everywhere like the rats

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

abelwingnut posted:

thanks for all of the info on yakuza. i assume they're all playable on the ps5 at this point?

One more thing. It is absolutely worth going 0-6 for Kiryu's story. But it will take a long time to experience, it was 1.5 years for me and I ddi not 100% any of them and played most on easy, because the combat otherwise takes ages.
You could skip all side quests and activities, but then you miss out on the soul of Yakuza games.
The main thing is Yakuza fatigue though. You will probably have to play other stuff in between because it gets a bit samey otherwise, just like open World fatigue.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I played Kiwami first then 0 and I feel like if it were the other way around I would've been disappointed with Kiwami because it was a smaller game compared to 0. I'm playing Kiwami 2 now and I felt like doing a prequel between 1 and 2 made me look forward to the plot more.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Idgi

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Might be the boss that was replaced by Shadows according to comments, but I guess being vague as gently caress when you tweet gives you more clicks

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ohh the unused snake god boss.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Someone got plauge tale 2 early and, well, hope its fans itt like only cinematic modes with no other options...

Edit: apparantly its upcapped and frames are everywhere like the rats

wait for the day 1 patch first I’d say.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
With Isaac talking more in the dead space remake, I wonder if he's going to ruin puzzles like Aloy. "I should probably shoot the monsters." "I need to aim for their limbs." "Oh yeah, I need oxygen to breathe. Better display my remaining air supply as a timer."

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Ohh the unused snake god boss.

I didn't know about this...wonder if it eventually became Rycard?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
It looks ridiculous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2R8SExXD40

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

With Isaac talking more in the dead space remake, I wonder if he's going to ruin puzzles like Aloy. "I should probably shoot the monsters." "I need to aim for their limbs." "Oh yeah, I need oxygen to breathe. Better display my remaining air supply as a timer."

That was my biggest complaint about the 1st game, her nonstop commentary. "Hmm, there's tracks on the ground, I should follow them". I'd like a "stop talking to yourself" option.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

well there’s a dreadful thought

I want to say it’s not likely though, given the different genres

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

It's the only real complaint I have about the sequel.

And it's more frequent than in the first one

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

gently caress, bloodborne is so good.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

gently caress, bloodborne is so good.

I've been putting some hours into it lately trying to finish an arcane run but getting good gems for it sucks

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I am glad they replaced that snake boss. "Scaled up version of the enemies in the area" is the laziest possible boss.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Oh nice :tipshat:

:kiddo:

My opinion might change as I get further in the game, but at the moment I'm going through control shock and the horse is annoying the poo poo out of me.

There are secret horse controls.

Hold back on the left stick and hit triangle (or whatever the gallop button is, forget if it changed) while stopped to get up to full speed immediately. Doing this while moving works as a brake.

If you do that but hit triangle twice Agro will do a 180 quick turn.

I think there's a way to do a 90 degree turn with like back then left/right but I might be thinking of Red Dead or something.

You can also hold the grab button and some directions to ride on the side of the horse or surf it.

But yeah, Agro auto steers a lot more than most video game horses, once you get used to it it's a lot better.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kamiya finally blocked his own twitter account

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Still truckin' along through my backlog.

Just started Shadow of the Collossus and.... this loving horse.
Why does it feel so slow to ride? :psyduck:
Why does it keep barrelling past me when I just want it to gently caress off?!
Why does it ignore me when I *do* loving call for it?!?
Goddamnit I don't like horses in real life, why you gotta have such a realistic one game?!?!

Anyway, question(s) for the thread: is there a reason to collect lizard tails and fruit?
I pick them up but as far as I can tell I don't have an inventory, so I'm inclined to believe they don't mean squat.
I also picked up something glowing gold near a waterfall, what was that? The game didn't give me any feedback on it.

The horse is actually too well programmed. You're probably used to horses that are basically extensions of your main character and control roughly the same. In SotC the Horse is intelligent and requires very little direction. The more you try to control it the worse it'll be. Just point it in the right direction and go, it'll make the minor corrections you need and will work just fine. It's extremely different than any horse in any other game so you need to stop treating it like it's just another horse. Control it as little as possible and you'll find that you'll fall in love with it pretty quickly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are a couple of fights where you’ll need to rely on the horse to do the right thing while you’re concentrating on something else so may as well start getting used to that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So you know how I bought a new subwoofer a while back? Well, we just bought the rest of the speakers to go with it .. :greenangel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
veeg stream status: laughing to himself and repeating “Mr. Toot Boi”