Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Bought the box of Guiltless Gourmet Roasted Chestnuts thinking they'd make a healthy snack. Turns out I don't think I like eating whole chestnuts?

What can you really do with this? It almost seems like snacking on them is not their intended use and they're supposed to be used in cooking or baking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Well it's almost Christmas, so you can pass them off as your addition to a holiday party I guess. That whole "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" thing might work, even if they taste terrible.

Or hell, maybe they actually are good if you set them on fire. Try that first.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Reader they are not. I think the whole point is to smell good and trick newbies into eating them after the area smells nice. I went to Lisbon during a chestnut... festival? I guess and the smell is amazing but they all tasted terrible.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

CaptainCrunch posted:

It was a big endcap display and there was only the one variant. I almost hope it was a one time thing, this Costco stocking them, because the $ for 6 packs of 2 was a bit high and I'm afraid they're habit forming.

Do want to sample the spicy version, however.

They sell through Amazon, so you can snag the spicy ones there. https://www.amazon.com/stores/BavarianMeats/page/2D78F85A-2CC4-471A-A4C2-9CA95147EF79

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
https://imgur.com/a/e6RFRfn

I would adopt this cat in a hot second

Edit: I can’t make images work :(

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true

The Hambulance posted:

https://imgur.com/a/e6RFRfn

I would adopt this cat in a hot second

Edit: I can’t make images work :(
You have to click through past the imgur website to the image link. You'll know you hit the pay dirt when the output URL ends in an image format. The link you want is :"https://i.imgur.com/8dcE5D3.jpeg"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beaten but it’s a cute AF cat

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If you do not protect the cat, I will freaking kill you, so it works

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Thinkin' bout them... cats

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

There are multipacks of Waterloo seasonal flavors at the local parish, and I usually don't like that stuff but the apple cinnamon flavor is like fizzy apple tea.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Mixes extremely well with bourbon too

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I picked up some Waterloo today because it was on sale for $2.50 off and really enjoyed the berry flavor I had. The other 2 options are strawberry and lime, which I haven't tried yet but i'm sure i'll like. I wish I had an apple cinnamon flavor option at my local.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

ElGroucho posted:

Bettinardi found out that somehow Costco was selling some of their high-end putters at a large discount. They threw a fit and took a public poo poo on Costco, essentially calling them an inferior retail store. Little did they know the backlash when they dared blaspheme against The Church, pbuc

Twitter grief follows https://twitter.com/bettinardigolf/status/1565731966267363331

I wonder if they sell them in Australia - because this would probably be enough to get their distributors here nailed to the wall for price fixing

you aren't allowed to enforce MSRP in Australia and companies do get fined enormous amounts for it when caught.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

.Z. posted:

They sell through Amazon, so you can snag the spicy ones there. https://www.amazon.com/stores/BavarianMeats/page/2D78F85A-2CC4-471A-A4C2-9CA95147EF79

Thank you for this extremely dangerous information.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CaptainCrunch posted:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

CaptainCrunch posted:

Gonna stick to impulse buying them at the local deli because otherwise I’ll be in trouble.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

.Z. posted:

Check the reviews though, there are good reasons to avoid buying food from Amazon.

:nms: :nws:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Got my covid booster in one arm, flu in the other at the store. Hopefully I get 5G this time.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Wifi Toilet posted:

Check the reviews though, there are good reasons to avoid buying food from Amazon.

:nms: :nws:

Uh that looks like the outside of like a normal salami. What beneficial bacteria do you expect to colonize instead?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

your meant to eat that coating of mold? no way the pictures online look nothing like that

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There are a number of cured meats where that coating of mold is on purpose.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i love salami with a coating of mold on it but the product in question doesnt have that so

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It does now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

It does now.

:haibrower:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Some of my local supermarkets seem to struggle with the notion that the color of salami should not be gray. Or green.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
people have been all about the natural curing or whatever where it gets the gross white bacteria coating and I won't eat it but given the store space they keep expanding too some ones eating it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Womblemania posted:

people have been all about the natural curing or whatever where it gets the gross white bacteria coating and I won't eat it but given the store space they keep expanding too some ones eating it

or nobody's eating the other stuff

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
i've had some very fine cured meats with a magnificent white fungistic coat, white mold isn't dangerous at all. green mold or black mold yeah that's a problem, but, it also doesn't penetrate as far into cured or fermented substrate as far as people think it does either - infestations tend to be shallow because there's usually just a small impurity in the product.

firm cheeses, even soft cheeses if you catch them quick and are brave, same thing, cut it off or scrape it off, done. even green mold. It doesn't go far into the material. that's the point of curing or lactofermenting or buttering/cheesing/etc, to increase the handleability of that food.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
to be clear, like, the kowalski hunter sausage 2paks, things like that? yeah I totally expect those to develop some white dust and eventually a full white coat if you don't eat them up. Starting to go green is a problem. They're still good for like a year after purchase, don't push them too long

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

these are industrial produced beef sticks guys not artisanal salami they shouldn't have anything on them right? lol

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Wendigee posted:

these are industrial produced beef sticks guys not artisanal salami they shouldn't have anything on them right? lol

what do you think that industrially-produced beef is being slid inside :whitewater:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

enough preservatives to keep anything from growing as long as their sealed in the package until a few weeks past the "best buy" date i guess

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Guys check out this horror show that they sell in the deli:

(I do understand that's not how that specific meat product normally is but I don't think I'd notice if I wasn't told)

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
All the food for my son's second birthday was from Costco so that he might be blessed with dollar fifty hotdogs for life.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

There are a number of cured meats where that coating of mold is on purpose.

Yeah well try telling that to my dates

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The doctor said it's incurable!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/adamgreattweet/status/1581369886235774977?s=46&t=NAlzG3qTtqRU2FlbqbmlWQ

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

A heathen posted this in the infowarrior thread but not in here

Polish :rip:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Picked up a pep'za and a new pair of jeans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental