Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

MrWarframeGuy there has plenty of silly dumb builds that work far more than well enough, though some of the silly stuff is more geared around solo play, so if you ever see any of his videos doing stupid damage with a frame you like but haven't played in a while they're worth trying for a laugh, or if you want to do dumb things with gas damage. Most of them will be really easy to put together for anyone who's be playing for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Having finally, at long last, unlocked my amp, is there some guide to hunting these so called "eidolons" so that I can build Gara and generally loot this patch of Earth? Thank goon kindly

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

here is probably more than you really wanted to know. if you queue into the public teralyst bounty to start with you will likely just get carried without needing to do too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqqdaZZwe4E

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I've been grinding away at rotation C rewards for void cascade for aeolak/hespar parts by doing a couple of runs a day and it is most unfortunate that despite void cascade being a required quest mission in order to get to the zariman... 9/10 players I join don't know how it works. I have to cleanse every single exolizer myself, even when they are in two groups 200m apart. A little frustrating.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Captainicus posted:

I've been grinding away at rotation C rewards for void cascade for aeolak/hespar parts by doing a couple of runs a day and it is most unfortunate that despite void cascade being a required quest mission in order to get to the zariman... 9/10 players I join don't know how it works. I have to cleanse every single exolizer myself, even when they are in two groups 200m apart. A little frustrating.

To be fair, warframe is pretty infamous for not explaining mission mechanics like at all

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

free hubcaps posted:

To be fair, warframe is pretty infamous for not explaining mission mechanics like at all

At least unlocking the node makes you do a quest that tells you how to do it. Once. It tells you once and then if you forget or weren't paying attention there's nowhere else to look it up, but there's the one time.

I hang out in Q&A chat here and there and you get folks who weren't present when kuva liches were introduced, and none of that system is explained anywhere in-game. Kuva larvlings, requiem relics, requiem mods, lich-occupied nodes, thralls and murmurs, lich anger, lich level, convert or vanquish, kuva weapons, valence fusion.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, gently caress password hunting in Prison Break. Also that 10 kills is pretty lovely this week, too. Leading shots with a non-hitscan gun while targets fly outside your aiming arc is deeply irritating.

Oh, apparently that section's bugged, so I guess I'll be back for round 3.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 17, 2022

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Also sucks that it can spawn the final genestamp corpse directly next to extraction, where you have to guess how close you're allowed to get before it will automatically extract and you have to play the mission again to get that stamp.

I guessed wrong.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Echophonic posted:

Man, gently caress password hunting in Prison Break. Also that 10 kills is pretty lovely this week, too. Leading shots with a non-hitscan gun while targets fly outside your aiming arc is deeply irritating.

Oh, apparently that section's bugged, so I guess I'll be back for round 3.

This section caused me to play the mission twice and, yeah, seems like your shots are straight up going through the enemy fighters. The aoe explosions can still damage and kill them but otherwise they just don't take damage.

Second time I played the mission the wolf didn't even spawn so there's another bug, probably one that's been seen plenty of times before.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

I Am Just a Box posted:

Also sucks that it can spawn the final genestamp corpse directly next to extraction, where you have to guess how close you're allowed to get before it will automatically extract and you have to play the mission again to get that stamp.

I guessed wrong.

gently caress, this one nearly got me last night. I had consigned myself to a second run thanks to the gunship bug, and had only found one stamp prior to the transition. Turns out there were two in the boss room.

I had one spawn right next to the extraction trigger on run 2 and thankfully managed to grab it before I drifted over the trigger.

gently caress, that would have been annoying.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The genestamp 2-3 steps away from the extract trigger volume has been a thing in that mission since it launched. Heres hoping the 1.5 kahl patch addresses that with its other qol improvements, but im not holding my breath.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On my second run a password spawned inside of one of those hidden rooms, which fuckin' sucked. Good to keep in mind that you can blow up those walls despite zero indication you can.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I'm already at the stage where shards feel plentiful enough to me not to bother with the annoying extras. Speedrunning the Kahl mission once with whatever side objective is more or less on my way is good enough, no biggie if I don't buy an extra shard every week, the ones from the Archons will build up over time.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol I'm not sure what dropshop bug y'all've encountered but i couldn't do ANY damage whatsoever. sitting back with nothing to do really took the magic out of the moment. I'm also a little over the scramble to by a shard every week. I'll do it in the future but I really wanted the styanax BP. It was either sacrifice a shard or wait 6+ weeks contingent on getting 105 every week.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The direct hits on the turret section are clearly bugged. I was able to get to 7/10 with AOE explosions in the parts where enemies fly close to geometry, but i missed the floof anyway so i can just wait with my second run until thats hofixed. I had enough banked to pick up the weekly shard without it anyway.

I know regression testing ain't fun or exciting but kinda should've maybe done a single test run of this challenge, DE. I really like the mission otherwise and don't mind a rerun, but that's a frustrating thing to add on top of it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FishMcCool posted:

I'm already at the stage where shards feel plentiful enough to me not to bother with the annoying extras. Speedrunning the Kahl mission once with whatever side objective is more or less on my way is good enough, no biggie if I don't buy an extra shard every week, the ones from the Archons will build up over time.

Yeah shards aren't a big enough deal for most frames that I'm too bothered by not having every single one of them. In many cases I'll look at a frame and just kinda think I guess they could use some parkour speed or armor. Like there are a few where it could significantly improve their quality of life (ability duration on xaku, cast speed on revenant, ability strength on anyone with an armor strip, armor on gyre/saryn/anyone super squishy), but for most it just feels like a slight bonus.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Echophonic posted:

On my second run a password spawned inside of one of those hidden rooms, which fuckin' sucked. Good to keep in mind that you can blow up those walls despite zero indication you can.

I didn't even find any hidden rooms. Which walls are these that you can blow up?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I Am Just a Box posted:

I didn't even find any hidden rooms. Which walls are these that you can blow up?

They're these breaks in the wall with what look like metal beams. You can sometimes have your squad blow them up. There's a secton in the big round room post-dropship. It's generally how you get to the little islands of map you can see in the hallways.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

I Am Just a Box posted:

they're the same walls, that if you were there with your warframe you'd have to switch to the operator to open them. normal weapons don't do any damage

also, there's something about that kahl murex mission that really kills my frame rate at regular intervals. very strange

oh and if you didn't see the PSA, they're not going to be able to hotfix the dropship portion as they're focusing on the next big update. said they're gonna look into giving out the 15 creds. there was a mention of devising ways to determine eligibility so I'd advise not bashing your head against the aoe thing

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 18, 2022

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

free hubcaps posted:

There was a glorious time when the Dev's would put out custom, one-time events ~ quarterly, each of which had completely novel and unexplained mechanics (and unique lore). About 1/2 of those ended up as future star-chart missions.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

RIP Treasury Ship alerts and weekly Design Council challenges. Killed because pubbies were/are too stupid and incompetent to beat slightly more difficult content.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Second toughest enemy encountered on the Plains of Cetus: This strange fat turtle-crab thing that aggroed me while fishing and literally chased me for twenty minutes before I gave up and left the instance.

Actual toughest enemy: Trying to catch these loving eels so I can build Gara!!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Bait is your friend, and can be shared.

Thumpers are not.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Thumpers are however easy enough with a necramech, something the vets have. Alongside bait.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Don't ask me why I always use Ivara for fishing, but that's why I use Ivara for fishing. The zip lines across the water don't hurt either.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Nessus posted:

Second toughest enemy encountered on the Plains of Cetus: This strange fat turtle-crab thing that aggroed me while fishing and literally chased me for twenty minutes before I gave up and left the instance.

Thumpers drop random assortments of every kind of miscellaneous good the Plains contains, like those eel innards you need. They're also a big old pain with so much health to whittle down, and can only be damaged on the little exposed vents that you have to blow off the blast shields on each of the four leg "knees" to reveal.

I like night in the plains because the daytime is filled with grineer who will just constantly aggro on you arbitrarily and give you a choice between scaring the fish off by shooting down dargyns or scaring the fish off by being shot at by dargyns. Of course, there are vomvalysts at night here and there, who have to be finished off with amp damage.

On a totally unrelated note, now that you've done War Within, hey, there's a path up past Konzu in Cetus that goes northeast to a cave with a door that won't open. Why not press 5 at that door?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Goddamn pubbies are just so bad at everything. Had a sortie Interception for the archon hunt this week, we failed because all my teammates died and I didn't notice I was the only one alive because I was fighting to keep my point. So then I did it solo and it was fine. Whatever, pubbies are usually terrible at interception.

Then I went to do a deimos bounty. first stage was the purifier part. I activate the purifier, and get 4 things. And I'm the only one that does. And then my teammates start dropping. These idiots managed to lose all their lives just standing around the purifier fighting the endless hordes of enemies. At this point I was just waiting to see if one of them would activate the purifier and help me collect the things because I wanted the bonus. Finally they die for the last time, and leave and I do the rest of the bounty solo.

Usually when bounties go bad like that, its because the rest of the group are all xbox players that are like, MR 5 or some poo poo. Its always xbox players below MR 8. These guys were like, MR 15 and 18. And some of the bounties are a pain in the rear end to carry people though. Like the purifier one, you can't get the bonus if its just 1 person doing all the work. Same with the Grineer competition thing. That one might be impossible to do solo while in a group, depending on how useless your teammates are.

I feel like there should be some upside to doing stuff in a group

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

A Moose posted:

I feel like there should be some upside to doing stuff in a group

there frequently is, lots of mission tasks in warframe can be parallelized. it just requires people to participate

e: for example you can get that purifier bounty done in one pass if people are actually awake, which even if you're super quick will never happen solo.

e2: you can absolutely still get the bonus solo, that's not the problem, just takes a little longer. similarly the grineer competition just comes down to shooting before they do, no team needed.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 18, 2022

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can't always rely on pubbies to do objectives, but you can almost always rely on them to kill stuff.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you can't always rely on pubbies to do objectives, but you can almost always rely on them to kill stuff.

Including everything that spawns outside of the big loving glowing circle around the cauldron. :argh:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

and continuing to mow down everything in view as mesa when the zariman bounty requires operator kills to complete

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

there frequently is, lots of mission tasks in warframe can be parallelized. it just requires people to participate

e: for example you can get that purifier bounty done in one pass if people are actually awake, which even if you're super quick will never happen solo.

e2: you can absolutely still get the bonus solo, that's not the problem, just takes a little longer. similarly the grineer competition just comes down to shooting before they do, no team needed.

The bonus for the purifier with a full squad is get 30 plants using the purifier 5x or less, so you CAN do it solo, if you're very very good, but usually you can't. Solo its only 15, which is much easier

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

FishMcCool posted:

Including everything that spawns outside of the big loving glowing circle around the cauldron. :argh:
Is this why I would get constant pouty refrains of "no you CAN'T shoot them outside of the zone" from the NPCs while I was k-boarding to the hot zone?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yup! it's not so bad when it's runners and crawlers and poo poo but when one of those turret guys just plops down and plinks at you from twice the cauldron radius away, that fuckin sucks

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Jothan posted:

I usually stick to kuva nukor for that but now I’m wondering how he’d do with an aegrit without the ammo limit

Does the ally ai know how to use alt fire?

I have good news about the enemy ai with aegrit

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man I am really losing patience with archon missions. Attenuation is such a godawful mechanic generally and it feels like archons have the most aggressive version of it by far, and given that it is not explained anywhere at all in game, you can have pubbies wandering in and tanking everyone's damage to zero because the formula makes no sense and seemingly someone swinging their nunchucks ineffectively or a wuclone existing at all reduces your kuva hek bursts to nothing. I've started bringing a battery kitgun because everything else just doesn't have enough ammo when you're doing like 200 a shot. I know it's preaching to the choir, but it's so terrible to have a mechanic that punishes you for playing the game correctly and can also have you straight up see in real time your damage being cut down with each successive shot.

I understand that they don't want the bosses to be one shots and I agree with them on that, but they need to swallow their pride right now and just turn that poo poo off until they have the time to put in an actual solution.

Also please for the love of god take out the 40 minute babysitting defense that has zero challenge.

Edit: And to add insult to injury it keeps giving me the sculpture reward. At least make it two!

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 19, 2022

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

3/5 times I've done weekly archon hunts in pub lobbies their health has randomly spiked from 50-70% to zero. No idea what causes it, wish I knew how to do that every time.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I also saw that in a pub run once. The whole squad had Kuva Heks because this type of boss design almost enforces a meta and at one point a little after we got the archon to around 50% health a Garuda ended up doing 2 billion damage in a single shot when they were hitting for like 2k a pellet before hand.

All of the other runs I feel like my squad has just whittled the thing down normally, usually with a Chroma wielding a Kuva Hek doing the majority of the damage because of course they did. But that one run I feel like the damage attenuation just didn't work for one person's four barreled shot and the archon went down instantly.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Captainicus posted:

3/5 times I've done weekly archon hunts in pub lobbies their health has randomly spiked from 50-70% to zero. No idea what causes it, wish I knew how to do that every time.

That's my experience so far in every single hunt in phase 2. I wonder if there isn't a timer in phase 2 where damage attenuation is just removed and we suddenly see the squad's true damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I’m finding the Xbox cross players to be surprisingly competent and often even very high MR. Most importantly it’s filling up the matchmaking on missions where I used to not find anyone.

Also a plus is they seem to never use voice chat and only type one-word sentences.