Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok i will look for those screens for power

And yeah i have the CEU connected to the cef.

Thats all working fine. Im thinking this must be the internal buffer filling up, though it doesnt explain why some parts dont get fed when they need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Do you have a bunch of Gregtech machine showing the pissed off red lightning bolt and not doing anything?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I did. Those were the ones i added hv turbines to.

Ill do another sweep of my base and double check everything again

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I did have a few times where some areas had machines that just wouldn't unjam. I assumed it had to do with overall demand, but it was like they'd take some power, but not have enough to do anything, and just keep thrashing like that. I cut them off for a few minutes and then restored. I don't think it really was a bug but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I probably just gave different areas enough juice to finish so they weren't all screaming at the same time.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Thats going ot be my plan once i log back in and see.

Im also tossing in some flux capacitators into my cefs

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Meskhenet posted:

Thats going ot be my plan once i log back in and see.

Im also tossing in some flux capacitators into my cefs
If you have CEUs on your CEF lines that power is just going back where it came from and won't be stored in the capacitors. CEUs have very little reason to be used until you're actually generating power from Gregtech machines or multiblocks.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ev turbines make EU

That feeds into a CEU that is then attached to my superconducting conduit and feeding into the network. (i placed the CEU 1 block away from the CEF's that were struggling with power so they were being fed first.

Ive spent the day doubling my power.- solar and diamond (and even a 50k/t reactor) (all while keeping my pristine above 0)

O
M
G

i figured out what my power problem was.

No matter how much i added to the network it didnt do squat.

Yeah..... i had an energy trash can sitting on a power cable.

At least now im pushing out more than 6 times what i need

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Sep 26, 2022

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

Did you get pranked or something?!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Like was mentioned, your energy storage is in the conduits themselves, a single block of end-game conduit is basically an entire vibrant capacity bank. Every block. The Ender IO Probe is amazing, you should be using it not just because it's critical for copy-pasting conduit settings to a bank of machines but set to the blue mode and clicking on a conduit will give you all the juicy runtime details of your entire setup in a way that the little graph block won't.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 26, 2022

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Meskhenet posted:

Why did you even have an energy trashcan in the first place?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
After trying a few more modern modpacks I think I might just be a Minecraft boomer that just wants tekkit light

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Some questions are better left unanswered

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Anyone know of a 1.19.2 Fabric mod that offers larger digging? I don't mean veinminer I mean like 3x3 tools, anything like that. I got going on a pretty good modpack but I'm trying out a subterranean existence and the incredible slowness of carving out underground rooms of any reasonable size is driving me mad.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I'm at the end-game recipes of project ozone 3 (PO3), I thought I was done with all the lovely combat but nope, there was one part left to do that I didn't experience in nomifactory called the chaos dragon, haha that's some entirely next level unfun bullshit, why would you ever put something like that in a mod? I even spent the time to craft and upgrade the draconic armor and it made almost no difference, I just die to homing projectiles after the 10th hit (~6 seconds) rather than getting one shot.

I'm going to cheat in chaos shards and move on with my life. Hopefully not too much more of the pack left, I'm starting to lose enjoyment after I went through galacticraft (make a rocket, go to X planet, find the dungeon, fly and kill end boss to get next rocket schematic, repeat 10x) and crafted my first infinity ingots (I need to get 9 to make a block and then use the wand of animation to turn it into a mob and then spawn more, which seems to be the primary end-game method of generating all the end-game bits)

It's really showing some warts towards the end, it's clear not many people made it this far because, just a random example, you need a bunch of things called soul crystals and the only way to get it is to do an end-game antlion boss in erebus which nets you one, and I assume the intended way of getting more is to dupe and spawn him in the woot farm which the quest book kinda goes over, but it doesn't work at all because the patch they added to woot to modify his loot table never made it back into the pack. However they added patches to close off the ability to spawn it through enderio or through mobgrinding utils (not mentioned in the questbook), so as far as I can tell there's no legitimate way to actually get more crystals other than to find and kill the boss multiple times in erebus and, well, gently caress that

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 30, 2022

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Bhodi posted:

the chaos dragon, haha that's some entirely next level unfun bullshit, why would you ever put something like that in a mod?

God, the Chaos Dragon is quite possibly the most bullshit thing in Minecraft modding. Yeah, take the clumsiest aspect of the game and ramp it up to 11 for no reason, that sounds loving perfect.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

My technique for the chaos dragon was to upgrade all the draconic armor stuff and the bow to awakened, crank up the flight speed on the chestplate, and strafe in a circle machine gunning arrows at the dragon. Never stop moving. You can destroy the projectiles it shoots, they have five health, so if the projectiles are closing in, turn your arrow machine gun on them. I also liked having some way to remotely explode blocks; I think I usually used the mana blaster from botania with an explosion lens but there are probably other ways. Use those to destroy the cages around the energy crystals. I've had a very good success rate with that technique.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Chaos Dragon was probably designed around having everything from that mod fully upgraded.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I thought I'd give Sevtech Ages a try, but it's failing to load every time it gets to RebornCore. Anyone have any ideas?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

I thought I'd give Sevtech Ages a try, but it's failing to load every time it gets to RebornCore. Anyone have any ideas?

Have a log? Also how much RAM have you allocated?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

It's set to 11,585 ram

log file
https://pastebin.com/SDRK8NXM

crashdump
https://pastebin.com/GZSUAh3Q

It's Sevtech Ages but I added several extra mods
What does Invalid fingerprint detected for RebornCore! mean?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Ak Gara posted:

It's set to 11,585 ram

log file
https://pastebin.com/SDRK8NXM

crashdump
https://pastebin.com/GZSUAh3Q

It's Sevtech Ages but I added several extra mods
What does Invalid fingerprint detected for RebornCore! mean?

The first, and biggest, thing that jumped out here is that you're using an old java version while getting a java error so a quick update would be my first step.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Rynoto posted:

The first, and biggest, thing that jumped out here is that you're using an old java version while getting a java error so a quick update would be my first step.

Nah, it's a 1.12 pack, Java 8 is normal for that. Not sure 1.12 even supports newer.

I'd suggest trying to update reborncore and techreborn to the latest 1.12 versions, since it's reborncore that's crashing.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

It seems 3.19.5 is the newest 1.12.2 reborncore. Trying 3.14.1.457 that I had in my allthemods 3 pack and that worked :D

However, new problem! :/

code:
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: == ENDER IO FATAL ERROR ==
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: =======================================================================
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: We registered some items with the Ore Dictionary but they are now gone.
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: That means that some other mod has messed with our stuff.
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: =======================================================================
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: This is NOT a bug in Ender IO.
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: Find out which mod deletes our items and report this to THEM.
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: Missing registration(s):
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: gearStone
What mod could mess with gears, thermaldynamics? craftingtweaks?

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 10, 2022

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

It seems 3.19.5 is the newest 1.12.2 reborncore. Trying 3.14.1.457 that I had in my allthemods 3 pack and that worked :D

However, new problem! :/

code:
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: == ENDER IO FATAL ERROR ==
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: We registered some items with the Ore Dictionary but they are now gone.
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: That means that some other mod has messed with our stuff.
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: This is NOT a bug in Ender IO.
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: Find out which mod deletes our items and report this to THEM.
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: Missing registration(s):
[22:42:18] [Client thread/ERROR]: gearStone
What mod could mess with gears, thermaldynamics? craftingtweaks?

Hmm yeah Id start with the thermal series since I know those have a bunch of gears as well, but I know those mods should work with enderIO? Are 1.12 mods even getting updates anymore?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm shopping for a modpack or a collection of mods to setup a server with. I kinda want the modded experience without going overboard since the primary objective is for me to play on a Steam Deck. Modpacks like ATM8 are just... way too much. it takes forever to boot up. Once you're in it's a slog with all the systems that can be running. I started peeking at Fabric which seems to have a bigger focus on QoL and performance and stuff like Better Minecraft actually run pretty good on the deck! It's got good worldgen, seems to have most of the basic stuff like backpacks, storage, plenty of accessories for mining and exploring. It seems fairly light/devoid of any real automation/mechanical stuff (this i don't mind) and also seems very light on the enchanting side of things (this is kinda sad). Is there anything on the fabric side of things that improve enchanting and/or add magic? I'm cool with more fantasy poo poo in Minecraft over endless mechanical abominations.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Medieval minecraft is on fabric and might be in line with what you want. Adventure and magic, minimal automation.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
Are there any good quest based packs besides GT:NH?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Nomifactory, create above and beyond

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there a way to run curseforge in offline mode of some sort?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao no

use gdlauncher and just buy the frickin' game

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Captain Invictus posted:

Use polymc to get modpacks from curseforge.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dragonshardz posted:

lmao no

...I've owned the game since alpha???

StrixNebulosa posted:

Use polymc to get modpacks from curseforge.
k, I'll give that a go. Thanks

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

dragonshardz posted:

lmao no

I'm sure Microsoft needed this desperate pleading defense.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Pretty sure anyone old enough to still be posting in a Minecraft thread on SA bought the game in alpha

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

tokin opposition posted:

Pretty sure anyone old enough to still be posting in a Minecraft thread on SA bought the game in alpha

Sadly true.

Been tinkering with Vault Hunters with a friend and it's jank as gently caress but surprisingly fun. Has serious oldschool hexxit vibes with the combat dialed way up. The timed, generated vaults concept works really well as do the modifiers and leveling and progression that we can't really put it down.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

tokin opposition posted:

I actually bought it a few years ago in a fit of "oh wait I'm an adult now, I can pay for games"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

Yo.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

tokin opposition posted:

I have not been reading this dead comedy forum for 15+ years to get called out like this!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

tokin opposition posted:

first of all, how dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

tokin opposition posted:

Hey.

Ow.