Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Eh, my interpretation of Amber is different. She talks like someone "who wants to play-act as someone with skin in the game." Like a left-wing version of JD Vance (this is definitely overly harsh, but they share the "had a childhood that was working class but quickly transitioned to something that isn't even remotely working class in adulthood while still trying to play up their working class background constantly." See: that hilarious excerpt from her book (I had this impression long before said excerpt, but it just verified the same impression I had before). I don't think she's a bad person by any means and still enjoyed her on the show, but she reminds me of when I tried to leverage growing up in the South for some sort of personality cred while at college in NYC. At some point it becomes far more honest to admit they're you're just an very well-off urban academic, regardless of where you were born. I respect the rest of the Chapos for being completely honest about how blessed their circumstances are and not trying to portray themselves as something they're not.

She is absolutely not the same as Brace in this regard. That guy has gone through some serious poo poo, and I've enjoyed listening to someone who has experienced a lot of the same things I have with addiction in a field (left podcasting) where the vast majority of people have not dealt with things like that (I lol'd at the part in the first The Game episode where he mentioned opiate withdrawal causing you to "cum instantly but it's the worst feeling ever" - not something that is mentioned much, but absolutely true).

Lol at thinking adjunct professors are “well off”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Climbers move themselves into 'temporary embarrassment' territory and are only too happy to do it

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Does anyone have a link to the new Adam Curtis documentary?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

err posted:

Does anyone have a link to the new Adam Curtis documentary?

https://youtu.be/ke600MgW1F0

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol at thinking adjunct professors are “well off”

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
literally doing the Simpsons joke of assuming Skinner has been making principal money for his entire life and saying he must be rich

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I know the podcast elves are just asleep in my phone when I’m not listening to them and so none of this ever troubles me

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Hey maybe just un-perma him you loving thin skinned morons

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lollin at drinking milk from segregated breast

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

KomradeX posted:

Just a reminder that one of those was responsible for training death squads in Guatemala

I think he was stationed in Honduras and before you go all tin foil hat it was after the coup.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

I think he was stationed in Honduras and before you go all tin foil hat it was after the coup.

That's right I forgot which exact country he trained death squads in

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s 100% this.

Though Matt leaving the nice midwestern librarian who literally supported his disabled NEET rear end for years for a LA comic… that was something.

Despite his anti-capitalist homilies, he's just as much of a treat-addicted shithead as the rest of us

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shipon posted:

not wrong, and if you gotta criticize chapo this is the way to do it, they have nothing useful to add now that bernie's project lost but i guess who even has a project that works now anyway

i'll still listen to that garbage though

I'd rather listen to people honestly saying "welp no idea what to do" than people bullshitting me about how any sort of election/protest/mutual aid is going to somehow work.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

:henget:
https://twitter.com/TrevShhh/status/1562523931063422978

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

why are you reposting your own poo poo wm

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I'd rather listen to people honestly saying "welp no idea what to do" than people bullshitting me about how any sort of election/protest/mutual aid is going to somehow work.

mutual aid is the leftist/anarchist version of libertarians claiming that charity can replace the state so yeah this checks out

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
two episodes in and really liking traumazone, I enjoy Adam Curtis’ voiceovers but the complete lack of narration here works

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Edit: Oh gently caress it.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 14:15 on Oct 16, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I imagine taintrunner cancelling Felix irl probably looked like Red Kahina wearing 10 scarves and trying to shut down a Zizek talking event.

this is an unfair comparison for Red Kahina

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1581648806365790210?cxt=HHwWhIDU7bPNkvMrAAAA

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1581655428345499648

Lol the Chapo reply guy -> internet psycho pipeline continues.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol the Chapo reply guy -> internet psycho pipeline continues.

CHAPO 👏 CAUSES 👏 HARM 👏

selec
Sep 6, 2003

oh, so now consuming SOME kinds of media has negative effects on the consumer, this feels like a shift for you :11tea:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

selec posted:

oh, so now consuming SOME kinds of media has negative effects on the consumer, this feels like a shift for you :11tea:

I stopped reading and posting in that thread, you can leave me alone now. 🙏

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I hear tell from LA there's a succubus homewrecker ruining the moral fiber of my favorite podcasters

Hell yeah there is. Golddiggers LA Local 369 is an institution built on stealing husbands with high net worth and low IQ who are just as transplanted as you. Love to see it, proud of my city.

Frosted Flake posted:

GiP used to be a great sub, but now it’s all Grovers who think they’re hard.

GiP is fine. Too square for me anymore, but that's just gonna happen with the passage of time. They ain't Grovers, tho lmao. Rofl. Omg lol.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Godspeed, may you never return, and find serenity in a better thread

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

selec posted:

Godspeed, may you never return, and find serenity in a better thread

Blessed are the lurkers for their mouths speak no sin

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

selec posted:

Oh I know that guy since he's with Andray Domise! The second quote thread is because he saw a twitter thread from a woman with a hammer and sickle avatar pratically wishing death on the homeless for bothering her on the street.

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1581655428345499648 The quote on the white part I mean. The Judge Dredd part was because the responses to her had a lot of "Here's hosed up ways you can get the homeless around your area arrested and or killed" deals. Her not being Amanda, but the person he's talking about.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 18:24 on Oct 16, 2022

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://twitter.com/sxeb17/status/1581039999851855872?s=20&t=C-TldG4eRflNs0p8xIH9rQ

on the other hand

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh yeah he's a weirdo, there was just additional context going on there since the person they're talking about was involved a lot of nonsense before.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

im amazed how libs always manage to sound like massive weirdos when they try and mock someone. it should be easy, chapo reply guy is a low-hanging fruit

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

Of all the people I am glad to see gone, he is probably #1

every single cspam forums superstar has sucked enormous amounts of poo poo but he was truly number 1

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

nhd says he bullied you out of there

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i believe him

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lumpentroll posted:

im studying him afar for my thesis on how to spot autistic adults

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

drat i have been beaten by a youtuber

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

1) they have a something awful account

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Finished Trueanon's series on The Game and it does end on an underwhelming note but it almost has to, otherwise we would have heard on the news that Brace kidnapped the head of Monarch at gunpoint or something

It was still good and its absolutely insane that 'AA offshoot cult that becomes so bad the government arrests everyone' somehow turned into a series of successful child abuse labor camps

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
What if screaming abuse at each other is actually good for you - profoundly broken individuals

If you think about it the internet is the world largest game.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lumpentroll posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wow clicked this and my monitor turned off? sub7?