Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Can the Wizard's inspire spell allow me to use a single-use thing twice? Or not since the single-use thing would become a blank side?

Even if not, being able to add three to all sides of a die was pretty sweet:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Pretty good Blursed run. Maybe double the highest floor I got to with Cursed back in 1.0. I wish there was a leaderboard, I'm sure people are getting some pretty crazy numbers. Cursed was my favorite part of the game in 1.0, I think Blursed might be now because you get the interesting blessings right away.

Full list of curses/blessings: https://imgur.com/a/py4poWV

Treasure-Seeker was nice because the extra item slot made it easier for me to offset and play around the cursed items.

dirby posted:

Can the Wizard's inspire spell allow me to use a single-use thing twice? Or not since the single-use thing would become a blank side?

They use the wand, now it's an X. You inspire the hero and they can act again, but now they just have an X.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Tagichatn posted:

Busted combos are hilarious, I just kept rolling until I had enough mana to just kill everything.

strange looking sorcerer you've got here

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tann posted:

Not sure what you needed to sign in to, I tried to avoid any of that.

I'm not sure either. I just did a global hard close and turned off mobile data and Wifi, and when I opened the game it took me right back to where I had been with no prompts at all.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

dirby posted:

So the fun thing about the wizard's 'character can use a die again' spell...

But no, once a wand is used, it's done.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Well, you technically are using the die again but that particular face has changed to an X because of the wand being used. Same with Exert faces, I think, they immediately go into cooldown mode and can't be double swung.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
"Blursed" mode people are talking about is the "Complex easy/hard" game option, right?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Nope there is an actual unlockable mode called Blursed.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

What does "focus" key word do?

quote:

2X vs the target of the previously used dice this turn.
Is this only with other focus keyworded dice? Can someone give me a use case for this.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Banjo Bones posted:

Is this only with other focus keyworded dice? Can someone give me a use case for this.

Attack 2 with focus will do 4 damage if you use it immediately after another attack on the same monster. Same with shield/heal if you shield/heal the target with another die first. Does not require the first die to have the focus keyword, only the 2nd.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Banjo Bones posted:

Hit the same thing with your focus dice as whatever you hit just before it. You got a sword, you got a focus sword. Hit a thing with the sword, then hit the same thing with the focus sword bing bong double pips.

Edit: It is too late/early to get this efb'd.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

goferchan posted:

"Blursed" mode people are talking about is the "Complex easy/hard" game option, right?

Blursed lets you choose 2 blessings to start off with instead of curses. Then you get a curse after every boss and a blessing after every 20 level reset. Honestly my favorite mode, it's a lot of fun playing around the blessings and curses.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tagichatn posted:

Blursed lets you choose 2 blessings to start off with instead of curses. Then you get a curse after every boss and a blessing after every 20 level reset. Honestly my favorite mode, it's a lot of fun playing around the blessings and curses.

drat that sounds great, how do I get that? Just squeaked out a win on Hard but did it in Custom Party Mode, wondering if I might need to do it in Classic.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

goferchan posted:

drat that sounds great, how do I get that? Just squeaked out a win on Hard but did it in Custom Party Mode, wondering if I might need to do it in Classic.

If you have cursed mode unlocked, just lose at it once. :)

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Zodack posted:

Well, you technically are using the die again but that particular face has changed to an X because of the wand being used. Same with Exert faces, I think, they immediately go into cooldown mode and can't be double swung.

Cleanse doesn't remove exert right? Kind of wish it did

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

On the other hand, spells that say "replace all blank sides" totally replaces exert.

Or for that matter, I bet duplicate works (though I don't think I've tried it).

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

An important note is that items that replace blank sides only check pre-fight, so you can't use them to do cheesy things with the artificer.

Edit: Well, adding an item that makes it so you can't reroll and an item that makes it so you can't lock did not have the interaction I was hoping for... C'mon Tann, that's just mean, it's such a rare combo...

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Oct 16, 2022

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

So the 'Steam Link' iOS app totally works with Slice and Dice, once you add it to your library as a non-steam game.
Haven't tried running it from outside my network, but now I can play it when curled up on my couch.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Infinity Gaia posted:

Edit: Well, adding an item that makes it so you can't reroll and an item that makes it so you can't lock did not have the interaction I was hoping for... C'mon Tann, that's just mean, it's such a rare combo...
My favorite part about this interaction is the fact that the first two turns with this combo I rolled incredibly well so I locked in the first roll and was like "hell yeah, beat the system". Then I realized this effectively locks you at 0 rerolls due to both restrictions

Can I suggest the Beta Curse: all alphas start in the back row

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Blursed is insanely fun. Made it to 75 before finally getting killed.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Blursed is definitely the best mode. Cursed etc just feel bad, constantly getting weaker. The blessings add yet another layer of fun decisions and cool combos. Plus getting the +item level stuff lets you see some wild items.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Just want to chime in and say I've also fallen into the 0 rerolls trap thinking it would be a great hack to get mad bonuses only to realise my folly on the first roll :negative:

Did finally get my <50 turns win though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I made it surprisingly far, like maybe level 10 with 0 rerolls/+1 to all sides.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
First Hard victory! On Shortcut, to save time. Eccentric + Shuriken + Timestone resulted in him throwing out 8 damage twice a turn, sometimes to two targets. Before that I had a Catnip that ended up on my Wizard that let him do it 3 times with a Poet using the 're-use a dice' side! Rounded out by a Witch and a Dabblest. Dragon/Caw/Archer didn't stand a chance after that, even with Mortal on.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I certainly could have looked through the in-game compendium for this but are there any items that turn one-use dice X faces into something fun? Might be neat to see an item that supports a wand build

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

does the Stasis item that prevents dice faces from changing, stop single-use sides from getting used up? i took a different item instead because i was a coward and now i'm curious

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Zodack posted:

I certainly could have looked through the in-game compendium for this but are there any items that turn one-use dice X faces into something fun? Might be neat to see an item that supports a wand build

I'm pretty certain there's an item that increases single use to double use although I haven't seen it since the update.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

someone awful. posted:

does the Stasis item that prevents dice faces from changing, stop single-use sides from getting used up? i took a different item instead because i was a coward and now i'm curious

Yes absolutely, I had this on an artificer a few runs back and it ruled.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tann, I am very disappointed there isn't even a Secret Pointless Achievement for taking an orange class down the Dabble -> Dabbler -> Dabblest line.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I honest to god thought that same exact thing

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I just had a weird thing (bug?) in hard where I chose "heavy weapons" and on fight 2 all dice on all characters gained single use (visible before round started) and it didn't carry on to fight 3.

Was there maybe a monster effect I didn't notice?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Bramble does that

Note: gently caress bramble

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5v844/slice-and-dice-is-this-year-and-last-years-best-roguelite

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Slaan posted:

Bramble does that

Note: gently caress bramble

I got a bramble in my first fight with a custom party of 4x blue, 1x red, I literally could not damage it! Luckily I was able to get it to run away after killing the other monster.

One annoyance as well was I kept getting colour specific items for colours I didn't have in my party.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hell yeah. It seems most of the article is the authors personal slice & dice fabrication but I agree with the premise

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

serves you right for running with a busted party!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a way to get this running on steam deck? It’s like the perfect mobile game but there’s no way for me to play it on the go.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Managed my first hard win, against Hexia against all odds. It was looking really dicey for a while, but my lineup was powerful enough to make it.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

DrManiac posted:

Is there a way to get this running on steam deck? It’s like the perfect mobile game but there’s no way for me to play it on the go.

https://itch.io/blog/393053/how-to-play-itchio-games-on-the-steam-deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wanderer is probably my favorite hero just because of how crazy his quad-use attack can get with buffs.