Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Full dump here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/QLf3cTE

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

The best part of that picture is the shoes, but my favorite part of that picture series is how the dude cosplaying as George L has the same expression in every shot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/MarkHamill/status/1576487966846767104?s=20&t=JUvD3cxdQ429yyVJKY-AWQ

Mark Hamill owns so much.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Though the state of the invaders seems to be less imposing Star Destroyers and more...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MarkHamill/status/1577013503793037312

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/pabl0hidalgo/status/1578827475324260352
https://twitter.com/pabl0hidalgo/status/1578858225524690944

https://twitter.com/DiceyJune/status/1578200580144914432

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
well that naboo fighter cutaway is horrifying

why not just put the droid in sideways its not like it cant rotate its head to face any direction anyway

im pretty sure a lego set handled the narrow ship body that way now that i think about it

edit naboo fighter designer working over a drawing table with a droid assistant late at night

"this new fighter will be so fast and agile itll rip the heads off of enemies and poo poo down their necks"

*beep boop angriest fart droid noise*

Sexual Lorax fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 10, 2022

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Sexual Lorax posted:

well that naboo fighter cutaway is horrifying

why not just put the droid in sideways its not like it cant rotate its head to face any direction anyway

The movie already depicted R2 being loaded into it with his legs perpendicular to the length of the ship, so they were stuck matching that (though the movie could also have rotated him 90 degrees if they wanted).

There's also another cheat going on, where the hole that the head sticks through is actually too small for an astromech's eye or the nozzles on its head.

The N1 isn't alone in this - the Jedi Starfighter in Episode II really clearly had no room for a full-size droid, and in order for R2 to join them on adventures in The Clone Wars, they had to come up with a new version of the ship that had the astromech sitting right in front of the cockpit, where there was more mass to hold it.

Then there's the Episode 3 Jedi Starfighter, which had to fit a full Astromech for story reasons, but the fighter they build for use in filming very obviously couldn't fit a droid inside it.

They adjusted the CG model to have these little boxes on the underside of the wings that could house the droids, and while they fit the body, there's still no room for the legs.

This leads to situations like this scene, which mostly uses the practical ship with R2's bottom half visibly missing, then for the shot where Anakin needs to take off they switch to the CG version with extra mass (as well as a slightly different paint job / decals).

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Robot Style posted:

Then there's the Episode 3 Jedi Starfighter, which had to fit a full Astromech for story reasons, but the fighter they build for use in filming very obviously couldn't fit a droid inside it.

They adjusted the CG model to have these little boxes on the underside of the wings that could house the droids, and while they fit the body, there's still no room for the legs.

This leads to situations like this scene, which mostly uses the practical ship with R2's bottom half visibly missing, then for the shot where Anakin needs to take off they switch to the CG version with extra mass (as well as a slightly different paint job / decals).

Hayden Christensen famously didn't fit into the fighter, either, so his feet dangled out of the front viewport.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Even in death, I still try spinning

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Robots simply change shape as needed

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

One of the more rarely documented features of the Jedi Starfighter to be sure.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Madurai posted:

Hayden Christensen famously didn't fit into the fighter, either, so his feet dangled out of the front viewport.

He fits, just they took the front off of the cockpit for filming internal shots, so there was nothing to rest his feet on and it was easy for them to just poke out. Maybe the ergonomics could've been better planned.

I do think some starfighters are just way too small because they make space for the pilot, and then don't put any room for systems and engines. The Naboo Starfighter has the excuse that it was supposed to be streamlined, but the Jedi Starfighter is just way too small. And Yoda's managed to be even smaller.

Robot Style posted:

One of the more rarely documented features of the Jedi Starfighter to be sure.

They made a bunch.

Yoda's starfighter just gave them nothing to work with so they made him into a shuttle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SlothfulCobra posted:

I do think some starfighters are just way too small because they make space for the pilot, and then don't put any room for systems and engines. The Naboo Starfighter has the excuse that it was supposed to be streamlined, but the Jedi Starfighter is just way too small. And Yoda's managed to be even smaller.

Or the two seater TIE from The Force Awakens

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

They made a bunch.

Yeah, none of them were really that great, allegedly because they had Hasbro's Star Wars team working on them rather than the Transformers team.

The later Japanese-exclusive attempts by Takara were a bit more successful.

Hasbro's attempt at the same concepts for reference:

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 11, 2022

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

So that's how he did it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Wedge and Ackbar being prominently featured is a pro move.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Imagine having Vader stare down at you for all eternity

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Missed opportunity

Bring back sarcophagi coffins and make it so there's glass lenses in the eyes to confuse future grave robbers

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

We were inches from a character saying "Jesus Christ, dude" in a Star Wars and the guys running the Wiki being forced to recognize our lord and savior as canon.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Animal-Mother posted:

We were inches from a character saying "Jesus Christ, dude" in a Star Wars and the guys running the Wiki being forced to recognize our lord and savior as canon.

Han Solo acknowledges that there is a Hell and he'll see you there, so is there an opposite place?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

This is cool except for the sequel era style logos for 2/3 in the bottom left

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

evobatman posted:

Han Solo acknowledges that there is a Hell and he'll see you there, so is there an opposite place?

Han also acknowledges the existence of golden rod which is native to northern America.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Tatooine also:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Stolen from the meme thread

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

fartknocker posted:

Stolen from the meme thread

Loss is eternal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Made a Z-95