Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Huh, Choju's got an interesting statline for a level 7. I suppose that's to make it easier to special summon out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's level 6 though. And it's just matching manjuu and senjuu's stats.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, Choju's definitely going to be the thing that finally gets Herald of Ultimateness banned, right?

...right?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So Choju is a better Diviner that will still be a Level 6 even if you Ash it so it can still be used for Beatrice, just that it requires a Tribute? Which if you're playing it in Drytron you can supply relatively easily.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

blizzardvizard posted:

So Choju is a better Diviner that will still be a Level 6 even if you Ash it so it can still be used for Beatrice, just that it requires a Tribute? Which if you're playing it in Drytron you can supply relatively easily.

See this is why I don't do card evaluations. I saw Choju and immediately though "oh funny meme card" and not "This could actually be usable in an actual deck".

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
There's a few more revealed cards on MDM.

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/october-13-2022/photon-hypernova

quote:

Dimensional Isoallotope Varis

Level 1 LIGHT Psychic Tuner Effect Monster

You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn. (1) Cannot be destroyed in battle with a monster with the same Type and/or Attribute. (2) You can declare 1 Type and 1 Attribute; tis card’s Type and Attribute become the declared Type and Attribute until the end of the opponent’s turn.

quote:

Dyna Mond

LINK-2 EARTH Cyberse Link Effect Monster

LINK-2 2200 Up and Down Arrows

2 monsters, including a Ritual Monster You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name each once per turn. (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card on the field and 1 Ritual Monster in your GY; return both to the Deck. (2) During your opponent’s turn (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card, then target 1 Ritual Monster in your GY; either add it to your hand or Special Summon it.

quote:

Repeated Land Transaction

Normal Spell Card

You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn. (1) Target 1 face-up card in the Field Zone; banish it, then place it face-up in the Field Zone of the opponent of the player who controlled it, then you can choose 1 Field Spell with a different original name in the GY of the player who now controls the first card and place it face-up in the Field Zone of the player who controlled the first card when it was banished.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
So that last one is basically an UNO reverse card for Mystic Mine? They're never going to just ban it, are they?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Got 2 b honest, chouuji doesnt seem good, rituals are easy enough to search that it doesnt seem like that much of an upgrade even getting both the spell and monster

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Is there a way to summon it from deck? Im not up on fairy support so if there is that does make it way better

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Skios posted:

So that last one is basically an UNO reverse card for Mystic Mine? They're never going to just ban it, are they?

It's *recovery* for Mystic Mine. Mine's effect is neutral. It's "if your opponent is playing a field spell, take it and give them Mystic Mine from your grave".

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Skios posted:

Mystic Mine has been banned in Japan for a while so I doubt they're designing around it at this point.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Is there a way to summon it from deck? Im not up on fairy support so if there is that does make it way better
Drytron can search it with Benten, then the fact you can use it to get both your cyber angel/herald AND meteonis at the same time is pretty sick, plus as blizzardvizard said upthread you can still use it as material for Beatrice even if it's negated. It does lose some of Diviner's utility (eg sending N'Tiss to beat a floodgate) but I imagine you at least play one as a search target.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hey I get your gimmick in the thread is to just cry constantly but could at least leave this language in whatever weird sub-reddit you picked it up in?

Please take it down a notch - less posting about other posters, more posting about children's card games. Thank you!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
grudges should be settled with a duel.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
He who was defeated must accept their loss with grace as per tradition of children card game. Crying optional. Shadow Realm banned.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hizke posted:

grudges should be settled with a duel.

:hai:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

girl dick energy posted:

So, Choju's definitely going to be the thing that finally gets Herald of Ultimateness banned, right?

...right?

No when we make link 2 that does the same thing then we'll ban.....phos probably.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The haters can never defeat my Heavystrong style!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Any recommendations for Uber cheap decks for the current festival? I’ve tried a homebrew salamangreat but haven’t been getting anywhere with it.

And please, I’m begging: actual decklists if possible, not just some vague comments about archetypes to try

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crusadia-kaiju
https://ygoprodeck.com/deck/master-duel-crusadia-kaiju-otk-290511

Relatively cheap, not counting staples and interrupted kaiju slumber, which is banned anyways for link reg.
Drop the Bagooska and the link spider from the ED, replace thrm with knightmare phoenix and unicorn.

From the main deck drop the ROTA and one copy of arboria for 2 maxx c. IKS is banned so replace it with any draw cards you have or other handttaps.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Oct 15, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Any recommendations for Uber cheap decks for the current festival? I’ve tried a homebrew salamangreat but haven’t been getting anywhere with it.

And please, I’m begging: actual decklists if possible, not just some vague comments about archetypes to try

There were some pretty neat decks in the No Riches (only N/R rarity cards) tournaments a few months back.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 15, 2022

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

Google master duel meta, that website has submitted deck lists from tournaments and in game using the MD format. I use that as well as great advice from our discord.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Here's what I'm on currently:

In terms of the stuff that isn't already in the structure, I'd say the only essential addition is the Accesscode Talker line - that is, Update Jammer, Splash Mage, Transcode Talker and Accesscode Talker. Those cards turn this from a deck that struggles to deal damage into one that can threaten a lethal attack from any 3 monsters (by getting to either a Transcode Talker linked to an Accesscode, or an Accesscode that was made using an Update Jammer). That would require two SRs and a UR, but Accesscode Talker is so widely used that you're unlikely to regret crafting it. This would be the key difference maker compared to the true "budget" build posted above. Splash Mage also makes it a lot easier to go into Decode Talker Heatsoul turn 1, so you can at least try to draw some additional interaction rather than just passing.

When it comes to the UR staples (the handtraps, Called By and Crossout) you can replace those with whatever you have available - your own handtrap suite, good URs you get for free (eg Raigeki, Lightning Storm, Monster Reborn), additional Salamangreat cards (eg Salamangreat Rage is good, and Meer can sometimes be useful) or decent low rarity cards (eg Forbidden Chalice, Paleozoic Dinomischus). The other extra deck cards (Almiraj, Linguriboh, Phoenix) are sometimes useful but are by no means essential, you can replace them with more Salamangreat stuff.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Fuckin weird Syrus roid apparently themed around Othello/Reversi. Shame that board is coloured in checkerboard, or you could convincingly claim it's a Go Bot.

Ygorg claim it's got nothing to do with the roid deck, but I see through that: It's actually a substitute for Cyber Summon Blaster in the incredibly specific reverse-OTK Syrus pulled off on Hassleberry! You let Ultimate Tyranno attack Decoyroid like 20 times, then drop this thing, refuse to bring back Decoyroid, and Tyranno has to attack into a 20,000 atk Meteoroid! It's a flawless plan!

Dabir fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 15, 2022

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Irony Be My Shield posted:

When it comes to the UR staples (the handtraps, Called By and Crossout) you can replace those with whatever you have available - your own handtrap suite, good URs you get for free (eg Raigeki, Lightning Storm, Monster Reborn), additional Salamangreat cards (eg Salamangreat Rage is good, and Meer can sometimes be useful) or decent low rarity cards (eg Forbidden Chalice, Paleozoic Dinomischus). The other extra deck cards (Almiraj, Linguriboh, Phoenix) are sometimes useful but are by no means essential, you can replace them with more Salamangreat stuff.

For further budget options, "Parallel eXceed" is also a choice, and it is a N cost card to craft if you do not have those already.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

This is my current code talker build, it's poo poo because
1. I have no idea how to play the deck and
2. I have no idea how to build the deck and
3. Pretty sure it's not optimal also
4. It has like 0 way to recurr the links in the graveyard which means fighting through interactions can just lead to being out of gas.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR0wYfY0HWg

Ben Kei OTK has a new stupid finisher.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Why do people post images instead of names, the image artifacts too much to read them when i zoom in and i dont recognize the pictures

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

mandatory lesbian posted:

Why do people post images instead of names, the image artifacts too much to read them when i zoom in and i dont recognize the pictures

For me, it's because taking a single screenshot is way easier than manually writing out the whole deck. And if you know what archetype you're looking at, you can usually either piece together what you're looking at or just look up the archetype name and find matches.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Can't recommend the discord enough for advice on deck building and etc

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah there's no easy export function and almost everything is either in the Salamangreat structure or mentioned in the post.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah i see its easier, its just frustrating having to figure out some of the cards. The specific one i cpuldnt figure out was flame bufferlo which is in fact in the structure deck so my bad

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It's baffling why I can share things better on duel links on my phone than MD on pc or phone.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So why didn’t this event come with any loaners? Feels like it’s impossible for me to get to 10 wins even after I bit the bullet and spent all my UR on Ash and Maxx C

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Regalingualius posted:

So why didn’t this event come with any loaners? Feels like it’s impossible for me to get to 10 wins even after I bit the bullet and spent all my UR on Ash and Maxx C
They released the code taker structure deck instead, and it’s really good unlike the other one. I was expecting to roll hard on Heatsoul but they just give it out. :awesomelon:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

At the very least, you have staples that could be used in any deck.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Regalingualius posted:

Because this one is structured as an alternative ranking ladder, so it's expected for you to build your own competitive builds to climb to the top instead of just grinding duels for points.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah this isn't a festival this is a ranked event like the Not-Kaiba-Cup thing a few months back.

Which is honestly for the better, cuts down on the bots since you have to actually win to progress and not get by by just losing hundreds of matches.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah this isn't a festival this is a ranked event like the Not-Kaiba-Cup thing a few months back.

Which is honestly for the better, cuts down on the bots since you have to actually win to progress and not get by by just losing hundreds of matches.

Bots are an issue, but I prefer everyone get as many gems as anyone else can get for free.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Flair posted:

Bots are an issue, but I prefer everyone get as many gems as anyone else can get for free.

I mean we literally just had one of those festivals. I'd prefer they vary up the events like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Is it me or are these getting more frequent? https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/october-16-2022/master-duel-forbidden-list-update