Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
Thinking of printing a small run of vinyl stickers at work and slapping them around Nashville to honor the Bigness of Jeff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I would buy some if you threw them up on Etsy or whatever the equivalent is, for what that’s worth.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Don’t sell unlicensed NFL images.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

EvilBeard posted:

I'd go Raimann - Nelson - Kelly - Pryor - Smith

Pryor stuggles with speed, keep him off the edge. Let his size help him. I heard Chris Long talk this year, and he played with him in Philly. Said he thought he was a guard and not a tackle, and that's been proven I think.

Colts staring this OL today.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Oh yeah the Jags and Colts played today huh.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mega64 posted:

Oh yeah the Jags and Colts played today huh.

If you had told me going in that Trevor would only throw 2 incompletions the whole game and that the Jags would rush for 243 yards at 7.3 a clip, I would have predicted a Jags blowout.

Or that Matt Ryan would drop back 58 times without being sacked

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

20/22 for 165 yards, 1 td

vs

42/58 for 389 yards, 3 tds

football rocks

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You would expect the numbers to be reversed for the teams with how many rushing yards the Jags had and the Colts passing almost 60 times.

Pittman and Pierce rule, though.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Maybe like 7 of those passes from Trevor were beyond the line of scrimmage. Seems like the coaching staff doesn't trust him anymore.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Trevor bust

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Teva posted:

Maybe like 7 of those passes from Trevor were beyond the line of scrimmage. Seems like the coaching staff doesn't trust him anymore.
He has the talent, good mechanics and honestly top-10 in the NFL pocket presence with all the sacks he avoids. He just is having trouble getting too hot emotionally, which effects his accuracy and decision-making, and hasn't found his stride on deep passes

if they have to baby him and treat him as a game manager for a couple years, then a guy who can go 20-22 is a pretty drat good game manager. Once he gets his head straight they can open the playbook more for him.

Or he could be a bust. That's also possible.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i am simply glad i did not have to watch my lovely team lose at football today

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
So they didn't call the play where Ryan got stepped on and fell down for a loss a sack? I mean, the point stands, the OL was considerably better (but still not good).

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Probably big news for anyone in the multilevel marketing community in the Houston area:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1581994650906214400

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to be watching the packwatch rest in piss video to honor easterby today

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dipshit is gone, rapist is gone, and two high picks with which to grab a franchise QB.

Grats Texans fans.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Delanie Walker retired as a Titan today. Good player, he got wasted on some pretty lovely Titans teams

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I may hate his terrible team but drat do I love jim irsay.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Snyder: I got dirt on all you motherfuckers

Jim Irsay (live streaming another bender on his personal Twitter account, singing Who songs over an unmoving shape in a Motel 6 bed): COME ON THEN rear end in a top hat

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah, it owns

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Part of me believes the NFL specifically wanted Irsay to deliver the message for exactly that reason, but then it's Irsay so he could be going rogue

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Irsay supposedly holds a lot of sway in his circles among the owners, and the general consensus of the local Indy media is that he wouldn't have said anything unless he knew he had the votes to back him up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It says daughters are also in charge of the nfl outreach to female fans so that certainly contributes to his opinion. If he dies they get the team.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I would buy some if you threw them up on Etsy or whatever the equivalent is, for what that’s worth.

Don't have any kind of online storefront and wouldn't sell bootleg NFL merch if I did, but if you had an easy way for me to give away some free items that I made...

I did some printing today

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2022/nfls-scoring-drought-worrisome-or-passing-issue

Pro Football Outsiders put this article up about the drop in scoring and passing offense this year that seems to come with the universal assumption that it's bad thing. I might be alone in thinking this but I actually LIKE the regression and am happy to see defense play a larger role and games that don't always a Madden tournament. I think there's been far too much passing offense over the last five years and that it kind of cheapens the sport.

Reminds me of the mid to late 90's when MLB players were shattering homerun records that basically made a mockery of the historical baseline or how the modern NBA is all 3 balls and pick and rolls now.

An average NFL score or something like 24-21 seems like the sweet spot to me. Look at the KC v BUFF game last week. People are arguing that the lower scores are loving with ratings but I've actually found myself watching less and less football as scoring became to easy. Maybe the game is just evolving and defenses are adjusting and figuring this poo poo out. Never understood why people think that NFL fans don't like watching dood defense.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If it really is a thing that isn't small sample size I feel like it's just the fact that several HOF or near-HOF QBs are washing up at the same time with no ready replacements

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

BiggerBoat posted:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2022/nfls-scoring-drought-worrisome-or-passing-issue

An average NFL score or something like 24-21 seems like the sweet spot to me. Look at the KC v BUFF game last week. People are arguing that the lower scores are loving with ratings but I've actually found myself watching less and less football as scoring became to easy. Maybe the game is just evolving and defenses are adjusting and figuring this poo poo out. Never understood why people think that NFL fans don't like watching dood defense.

The KC Bills game was the rare game that had both great defense and offense. It was that perfect balance of both.

I have to say I like good defense but the valid criticism is that its not that the defenses are too dominant, but that the offenses just really suck. I mean the Bears have like a 50 percent chance of missing a wide open receiver even if the defense stands still.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
The refs miss an obvious face mask, and then it leads to a pick six. Things are going well.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
What is the status of Big Jeff

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
this game is dreadful. thinking about watching a movie instead

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Redeye Flight posted:

What is the status of Big Jeff

still big. he just did this on a TFL:

EvilBeard posted:

The refs miss an obvious face mask, and then it leads to a pick six. Things are going well.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think i will watch baseball instead of the very bad houston texans today

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

This time the pick was all Matt Ryan.

I wonder if Ehlinger is gonna be put in today.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

this game is dreadful. thinking about watching a movie instead

Idk Matt Ryan is doing a good comedy act

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Now the Colts tackle Henry by his jersey and get called for a face mask. Awesome.

The Colts don't need help blowing games, refs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
One day the Jaguars won't poo poo themselves but today is not that day

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Matt Ryan sucks rear end lmao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i'm still watching this for some reason and it's willis time?

rip tannehill

e: nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thanks Vrabel.