Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yoshi is the best horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought Roach made more sense in the original Polish

Edit:
The name refers to the roach (Rutilus rutilus), a common European fresh water fish. It has nothing to do with the cockroach,

It's worth noting that the original name for the horse in Polish is "Płotka", a diminutive form of the word "Płoć" (meaning "roach"). Diminutives are endearing in Polish, so a more direct translation would have been something along the lines of "Roachy" or "Roachie".

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1581754864702398464?s=20&t=mm7RcIZ5lsHQsNKTchEpLQ

*Passes out from exhaustion*

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Well gently caress Tunic because I legit scoured this game and manual trying to find holy cross only to.. like finally get it. I felt like such a little bitch. Jesus Christ this game.

But now I’m like cracking this game wide open like an egg and a bunch of cute things are spilling out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fyi, the title for that fog logo on the website code has "sh2" in it so i think we're seeing sh2 blooper remakenalong with sh5 teaser drop. Could be all 4 projects tho

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1581862552186724352?t=jJ---8SlWKPESVfk11omXA&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

The game is naturally much easier when it's not running at 15fps and you don't have half a second of input lag on every jump.

Or in the case of the PS3 version it's 3x harder running at 60fps

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Jim Ryan is going to kill this guy one day

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Agro is best horse as an A.I. character, Torrent is best horse as a video-gamey vehicle.

Roach is the best horse for funny glitches.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, when I saw Konami changed their cover pic on Facebook I almost pissed myself. It's given up hope for a new silent hill after they poo poo on PT and decided to go all in on pachinko machines.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Fyi, the title for that fog logo on the website code has "sh2" in it so i think we're seeing sh2 blooper remakenalong with sh5 teaser drop. Could be all 4 projects tho

The first line in the tweet is from Silent Hill 2, we don't really need to go looking into the website code.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Bugblatter posted:

Agro is best horse as an A.I. character, Torrent is best horse as a video-gamey vehicle.

Roach is the best horse for funny glitches.

Have you played red dead redemption, or it's sequel, also red dead redemption but with a 2?

https://i.imgur.com/NX5ddFQ.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/3PtEK3Y.mp4

So many horse deaths, did not realize ants were that popular in the game world :ohdear:

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Have you played red dead redemption, or it's sequel, also red dead redemption but with a 2?

https://i.imgur.com/NX5ddFQ.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/3PtEK3Y.mp4

So many horse deaths, did not realize ants were that popular in the game world :ohdear:

I'm sticking with Roach because when he glitches it's just dumb and funny. When the RDR horses glitch it looks ridiculous but also it's frustrating because it can lead to fail states fairly often.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Brightman posted:

The first line in the tweet is from Silent Hill 2, we don't really need to go looking into the website code.

Yeah but theres like 4 projects so its interesting to see if we'll onky see one or all of them

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Vikar Jerome posted:

I hope they do it MCU style and reveal a full slate titled Silent Hill Phase One

I’m guessing that “Short Message” that was trademarked two weeks ago is the new version of PT that will stealth release on the 19th. Though there are rumors of a Sony event soon so some silent hill announcements may get pulled into that.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Has there ever been a company rise from the grave like Konami?

Square, Capcom and Sega eventually straightened out but they took a beating until they figured out what their consumers actually wanted. Konami dropped the ball, had a falling out with their Star player, joined the yakuza and basically left gaming (aside from that soccer game) to go build pachinko machines and fitness centers to then watch it all come crashing down during Covid while watching their old rival Capcom minting G’s stealing all their ideas with re7

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wouldn't say releasing a few old game collections and otherwise just keeping on going with YGO "rising from the grave"

Oh gently caress I forgot about that dire Contra game they had some dev pump out a year or two back, YEESH

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

I wouldn't say releasing a few old game collections and otherwise just keeping on going with YGO "rising from the grave"

Oh gently caress I forgot about that dire Contra game they had some dev pump out a year or two back, YEESH

Yea they announced suikoden HD but now they are going to announce Silent Hill 5 and Metal Gear is next

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Suikoden remaster is all the konami I need

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Where is that ff16 update we were promised this month?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Noob Saibot posted:

Yea they announced suikoden HD but now they are going to announce Silent Hill 5 and Metal Gear is next

Silent Hill 5 already exists and is one of the worst games in a franchise that only has three or four good entries out of its eleven or so games

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

Silent Hill 5 already exists and is one of the worst games in a franchise that only has three or four good entries out of its eleven or so games

No sir

fridge corn posted:

Where is that ff16 update we were promised this month?

There’s some rumors that Sony is going to have a presentation that will include FF16, RE4, and Silent Hill in the near future. Seems Jim Ryan is (wisely) cashing in on the franchises that made PlayStation what it is today

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'm sorry, but Homecoming is real.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm sorry, but Homecoming is real.

That’s not silent hill 5 lol that’s a western spinoff title. The new game is supposedly a mainline numbered title

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mainline/numbered doesn't mean anything when only the barest of threads connect any of them except 0/1/3

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'm probably coming off more negative than I intend but I have no idea how anyone can have any positivity/faith in the IP, it should have been put to die forever ago and Konami just done..some other horror stuff instead (which I guess was the plan with 4 but :10bux: lol) and still should

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This Silent Hill 2 remake had better be real because I’ve never played that game and a remake would definitely be a day one purchase for me

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Inscryption was utterly amazing. Top Notch 10/10 game with great mechanics and play :D Thank you Veni for recommending it because it was a blast!

Next up, Symphony of the Night. Another HUGE genre definer missing from my gaming experience. I beat bloodstained twice in a row about a month an a half ago, so I reckon I can beat this too. :)

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm probably coming off more negative than I intend but I have no idea how anyone can have any positivity/faith in the IP, it should have been put to die forever ago and Konami just done..some other horror stuff instead (which I guess was the plan with 4 but :10bux: lol) and still should

People said this poo poo about crash bandicoot a few years ago and then the remake came out and broke all sales records.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Noob Saibot posted:

People said this poo poo about crash bandicoot a few years ago and then the remake came out and broke all sales records.

I guess I'll believe it when I see it then, though it pains me to say that I trust Activision with that more than Konami.

Granted Beenox and Toys For Bob got absorbed into the COD machine regardless of how the Crash/Spyro stuff did, ugh.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

I guess I'll believe it when I see it then, though it pains me to say that I trust Activision with that more than Konami.

Granted Beenox and Toys For Bob got absorbed into the COD machine regardless of how the Crash/Spyro stuff did, ugh.

Vicarious Visions did PERFECT remakes of Crash Trilogy, Tony Hawk 1-2, and Diablo 2 and then got shut down :(

I think beenox and Toys are working on a new crash game though that’s supposedly getting announced soon

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I really should have played SotN before veeg streams it

the tenses in that sentence are a nightmare sorry

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Symphony of the nights whack. Play bloodborne instead

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Noob Saibot posted:

Vicarious Visions did PERFECT remakes of Crash Trilogy, Tony Hawk 1-2, and Diablo 2 and then got shut down :(

I think beenox and Toys are working on a new crash game though that’s supposedly getting announced soon

Oh right sorry, VV did N.Sane, Beenox just handled porting it yeah. drat I should really play THPS12 also..

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Noob Saibot posted:

BB is my favourite game homie but I like many kinds of games!

Which is the best version of SotN you can get RIGHT NOW? I have the PS1 version on the Steam Deck but I’m down to grab another version

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn5XH4i1aqU

Mostly easter eggs but Item 7 is the most interesting. Accessibility options where sound effects are added based on the distance of the fighters between each other and their attacks

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Noob Saibot posted:

I did two weeks ago. Beat it a second time, all bosses solo no summons. :getin:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well the PS4 version of Rondo of Blood / SotN was on sale for 80% off (£3.19!), so I bought it anyway, but please let me know if there is a better version I could be playing

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Escobarbarian posted:

Which is the best version of SotN you can get RIGHT NOW? I have the PS1 version on the Steam Deck but I’m down to grab another version

There isn't really a "best version" per se. The PSX version is the one we all played and they all look and run the same. The main difference is the new voice acting from the PSP version onward. It's...technically better...but loses a lot of the charm and cheese the original acting excelled at. It's possible some of the later versions incorporate the Saturn version's extra areas but if I'm being honest I can't make myself care about content because the game is enormous either way and playing Symphony at this point is, for me, like reading my favorite book again or watching Galaxy Quest because I just wanna dive into something I already know I love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!

Escobarbarian posted:

Well the PS4 version of Rondo of Blood / SotN was on sale for 80% off (£3.19!), so I bought it anyway, but please let me know if there is a better version I could be playing

That version is good!!