Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Well it's the first time I've drawn a slime/monster girl. Obviously the whole thing is amateur and scratchy as hell but I gave it my best shot. Not entirely happy with it but I said I'd post it so here it is.

Get well soon Boba

CrocodileKingSaysNO has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Oct 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Technocrat posted:

I'm so glad Zoozo Zlen is returned to us.

The best news is that the elusive artist never died in the real world

TinyPairOfScissors
Oct 7, 2022

by Hand Knit

Chas McGill posted:

The best news is that the elusive artist never died in the real world

You mean the jouster, the elusive artist fell to it's death. Upward.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Yeah, the ea died before the election and scepter usage.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Noooo

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Well it's the first time I've drawn a slime/monster girl. Obviously the whole thing is amateur and scratchy as hell but I gave it my best shot. Not entirely happy with it but I said I'd post it so here it is.

Get well soon Boba

I love it so much thank you, I also got a fanmail I'm going to post it with tomorrow, though I'm getting enough stuff (and a piece commissioned,) that I'm super excited.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Technocrat posted:

I'm so glad Zoozo Zlen is returned to us.

I love him

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The bastards! Hell was Full!!!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Get well soon Boba

:whitewater:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Nevermind, I was having an anxiety attack and projecting. RIP.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Oct 17, 2022

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Very much enjoying Joost's heroin training.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I cant believe my good friend Branson has chosen to brutally doxx me like this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I think the overexplained punchline gag can get a bit overdone, but the dead shirt in this one always gets me :deadmau5:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I'm glad that cleared up, thank god

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Nevermind, I was having an anxiety attack and projecting. RIP.

lol it's too late i already changed it! i thought the text was cute and funny and most of all: true to the source material. a little flirty but totally tame. As far as having a fish girl and a slime girl go at least. Anyway now you have both do whatever you want with them lol.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

lol it's too late i already changed it! i thought the text was cute and funny and most of all: true to the source material. a little flirty but totally tame. As far as having a fish girl and a slime girl go at least. Anyway now you have both do whatever you want with them lol.

Literally 10 minutes after you posted my wife is like "This has nothign to do with anything you're having an anxiety attack" and I held an ice cube. So don't worry, you're fine. I have so many mental health issue it's unreal.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Literally 10 minutes after you posted my wife is like "This has nothign to do with anything you're having an anxiety attack" and I held an ice cube. So don't worry, you're fine. I have so many mental health issue it's unreal.

You are welcome and accepted here. If anyone else had a problem with what I posted I could have just removed it and e-mailed it to you. Glad you have support and again I hope your hand heals up soon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ditocoaf posted:

I love Thorsby comics for panels like this:

It's a setup for things about to happen, but it's also a kind of visual gag: The conspicuous array of items in the background doesn't even try to hide its artificiality. But it still feels right for its context: These characters live in the world that narrative puzzles take place in. "Say someone who can see the future (in this very specific way) has cornered you in a room. In that room you have: 300 sheets of paper, six pencils, a frying pan, two knives, a doll, two rugs, a bowling ball, eight bowling pins, a sack of flour, a bucket and a top hat. How do you escape?"

I've said before that Thorsby comics definitely have a 90s adventure game vibe, complete with elaborate puzzles, complex magical abilities with certain limitations, even the general cartoonish aesthetic and tone. I feel like escalating farce is also definitely a genre that fits those.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

dont know how to "use" the knife
dont know how to "use" the bowling ball
dont know what "kill" means
dont know what "stab" means
are you sure you want to quit Y/N

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
> get ye flask

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean posted:

War’s Unwomanly Face
Chapter 1 part 3

War’s Unwomanly Face

Chapter 1 Part 4
A bit of a longer one to finish out the chapter.

How are folks feeling about this one? Want it to continue or are we happier leaving WWII to the witches?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Keep going. It's fascinating.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

It's seems very sad and I don't like to be very sad in the webcomics thread so I don't really read it. havent read the other ww2 comic either tho cuz im just not that into the subject matter.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Witch Vasenka's War: A Night on the Bald Mountain

Time to visit a wartime witch's sabbath.

I don't have anything witty to say about this, I just thought this face/speech bubble combination was pretty good.

Edit: I've been following War's Unwomanly Face for what it's worth, though I'm more of a comedy guy.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

thetoughestbean posted:

War’s Unwomanly Face

How are folks feeling about this one? Want it to continue or are we happier leaving WWII to the witches?

It's very good, definitely denser and darker than most stuff in this thread, I'm glad you're keeping it to manageable vignettes, I don't think I would read it on my own, and I think I'd scroll past if you did longer posts.

Emzedoh posted:

I don't have anything witty to say about this, I just thought this face/speech bubble combination was pretty good.

Interesting that they'd complain about Vasenka lending a hand to the Bolsheviks...

When it seems to be the German SS witch who's doing so!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Dooohohoho

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

some plague rats posted:

I cant believe my good friend Branson has chosen to brutally doxx me like this
I'm not going to acknowledge the amount of time spent refining this:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol WHAT

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

thetoughestbean posted:

I would want to see more of this comic.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

What exactly are we looking at here? Swan boy in the style of Jojo? I don't get it.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

FFT posted:

I don't know what this is but nice job!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

FFT posted:

Ok so I'm guessing AI prompts where: Rockabilly Swangirl with beehive hair black and white comic style

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

<text from my website>I hosed up my wrist, because I was drawing for 8+hours a day, every day, with no rests or breaks, As of this post, I had done 87 pages in 120 days, releasing a comic every day for 1.4 days. I'm a posting machine baby! But also, I've now ground my wrist to dust and must stop. To make sure you all know I still love you, and that I'm still here, I'm going to be doing community spotlight stuff showing off fan art from the mailbox, discord, and twitter, if you want that to be you, well then... Message me! @pearl_boba fan@bobapearlessence.com Discord! Tiktok! Get in touch, I'm bored and in pain.</end text>

This one comes from SharpestCrayon, on Discord.

It’s been 2 days, so let’s do another round up of fan art and fan mail!

I don’t know how to handle fanmail! I asked the person and I’m posting it with the e-mail removed as requested, especially since like, I don’t want to blow up someone’s g-mail! That said, let me know if you want me to use your fanmail in the fanmail round ups!

(fanmail@bobapearlessence.com)

50 – 18 is 32, but there’d be 49 other ones. Which yeah, are all slimes, but not all 50 necessarily made it into the far flung future techno-neolithic apocalypse! In the bad old days, they’d be whatever gender they were bought for, but anyone who survived to the comic’s present day, would present as whatever gender they wanted, or no gender at all! It’s a social construct, they exist outside of it.

====

Next up comes from one of my favorite forum posters, CrocodileKingSaysNO on the somethingawful forums.

First fanart comes from a user on twitter. I might start posting one of these after lackadaisy :hmm:

Please keep this stuff rolling in, I love all of it, and your outpouring of love and support is helping me get through this lovely time. I didn’t realize how many fans there were out there until I really needed the love from them <3

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Nov 28, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FFT posted:

swan boy, meet peacock girl

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Helios Grime posted:

Ok so I'm guessing AI prompts where: Rockabilly Swangirl with beehive hair black and white comic style
Close.

"portrait of ((beehive hairdo)) rockabilly ((swan)) ((elongated_neck)) on stage, ((in action)) ((singing)) ((in the style of branson_reese)), ((black and white line drawing)) ((comic art)), ((in the style of bill watterson))"

Of the ten I generated that round, some were monsters

some were rockabilly ladies, ish

and one was perfect

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Thread feels a little slow lately, I'm going to post another bouletcorp and see if it riles anyone up. It's a sequel to the Peter Pan one.

Going to be honest, I think at least some of the stereotypical things I did as a kid I only did because I saw it on TV or something and felt obligated somehow.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Emzedoh posted:

Going to be honest, I think at least some of the stereotypical things I did as a kid I only did because I saw it on TV or something and felt obligated somehow.

I relate to this comic pretty hard. Never had an imaginary friend, never really got into role playing, my childhood was mostly a lot of "boy it sure would be cool if magic was real. It's not though and that sucks." A lot of my friends now are artists and writers and whenever we talk about creativity and childhood experiences I feel like I have to, ironically, make stuff up so I'm not just being a huge bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Okay, I'll bite and rant at the comic.
It is possible to pretend something, know that you are pretending, and still have fun with the pretending. My kid doesn't actually believe she's a monster when she says we're a monster family that lives under the dining table; but she still has fun with it. Kids don't necessarily believe in fantastical things, but they're more likely to go along with pretending.
Like yeah, no poo poo you didn't actually believe the garbage you dug up was real treasure. No kid actually believes that. And you still had fun? Gee, wonder if that was because of your imagination, or just the thrill of physical labor which kids are known to be so fond of.

Imagining this comic artist going :actually: when his friends came over and asked if he wanted to play cops and robbers.

I'm not even sure if his point is that he as a kid wasn't imaginative, or that kids in general aren't that imaginative. I'm not sure he knows either. The examples he gives seems to generalize, whereas the last line is subjective.
Either way I'd argue that he's wrong. Play pretty much always involves a degree of imagination.

E: Take that, comic author who will never read these words!