Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

How does "finding out I got fired via twitter" even happen more than once? Do these companies just tell their PR teams they're shutting down and no one else? It's so brazenly lovely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

FirstAidKite posted:

When g4 decided to try and make their channel seem more mature and adult, one of the choices made was to rename that show from "cinematech" to "cinematech nocturnal emissions" because nothing speaks maturity and legitimacy like a tv show about showing trailers, demo reels, and cutscenes and adding a jizz joke to the title lmao

g4 was such a dumpster fire goddamn

That was around the time that they started to add machinima shows I think. I mainly watched Cinamatech, Cheat, Filter, Icons, and sometimes Judgement Day, most of the other stuff I found grating

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Code Monkeys

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blue Labrador posted:

How does "finding out I got fired via twitter" even happen more than once? Do these companies just tell their PR teams they're shutting down and no one else? It's so brazenly lovely!

Capitalism working as intended

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Blue Labrador posted:

normally i'd say "coarse indifference" but, given that they were apparently a-okay with paying content creators $50k a day, i think rank incompetence is a definite possibility

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gaius Marius posted:

Code Monkeys

I don't remember this, I wonder if it aged well

quote:

Black Steve (voiced by Tony Strickland) — Black Steve is GameaVision's accountant and, as his nickname would imply, he is the only black person working at the company. He is foul-mouthed, ill-tempered and racist against white people. Despite his position, Black Steve has contributed games to the company, mostly themed to his prejudice towards white people. He is apparently fluent in Japanese and conversational Arabic. He is also a former pro wrestler known as "The Black Shadow" as well as graduate of Dartmouth. Though bigoted towards whites, Black Steve does coexist with his co-workers and even has garnered Larrity's respect due to his violent temper and love of guns.

oh cool

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Roblox_oof.wav

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Who could forget Spaceballs The Animated Series

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blue Labrador posted:

They drop an internal announcement at a time most employees aren’t paying attention. One person does see it and copies it to Twitter. Then the media reports on it. The rest of the staff may not have checked their work messages before learning about it from one of those places.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 17, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Motto posted:

There's no reason to ever spend $70 on a videogame until maybe when nintendo starts doing it since they'll never go lower than $52 in that case

I buy games new all the time because I want to play them now rather than 4 years from now when I'm a corpse

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

FirstAidKite posted:

When g4 decided to try and make their channel seem more mature and adult, one of the choices made was to rename that show from "cinematech" to "cinematech nocturnal emissions" because nothing speaks maturity and legitimacy like a tv show about showing trailers, demo reels, and cutscenes and adding a jizz joke to the title lmao

g4 was such a dumpster fire goddamn

Lol that was the show that just showed random game openings and trailers

I remember poo poo like Neo Contra suddenly blasting at 11pm

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hold on I'm gonna go to gametrailers.com and watch the newest Arkham Asylum trailer

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

I love both Mirror's Edge and Catalyst. Catalyst suffers a lot from mid 2010s AAA bloat, but running around the city was a ton of fun. Catalyst also had a really cool combat system that encouraged keeping up speed and momentum, and it would be great to see another game incorporate those mechanics. But really, I want another Mirror's Edge game, but I don't think it'll ever happen again. :(

I would kill for a 3rd Mirror's Edge game. Titanfall 3 and Mirror's Edge 3 are my most wanted titles and it's not really all that close.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

poo poo I missed Mirror's Edge talk? Adored that game and I'm Still Alive still comes into my head unbeckoned at least once a month.

Catalyst doesn't have as catchy a main theme, but overall its soundtrack is far stronger. My favorite game soundtrack, 5 hours of bliss.

Here's one of my favorite tracks, I've listened to it actively and passively prolly thousands of time by this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqzZiF8CH8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Who could forget Spaceballs The Animated Series

an incredibly cursed thing

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Found VG's Halloween costume

https://twitter.com/mutekyan/status/1581607935163396096?t=cjyquJemEjI1k8eHSeqXFQ&s=19

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I've liked every Silent Hill game :colbert:

Well. That’s impressive

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is fantastic. :)

I beat Inscryption yesterday. Wild time and a LOT of fun. I have an appreciation for deck building games now. I wonder if I own any more somehow and can give them a try.

Also it is really nice to be playing banger after banger after banger. This year has been stacked - every game I have beaten, except 1, is at least 10/10 which renders the whole scale off the charts.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

VideoGames posted:

This is fantastic. :)

I beat Inscryption yesterday. Wild time and a LOT of fun. I have an appreciation for deck building games now. I wonder if I own any more somehow and can give them a try.

Also it is really nice to be playing banger after banger after banger. This year has been stacked - every game I have beaten, except 1, is at least 10/10 which renders the whole scale off the charts.

The thing about Inscryption is that, like Pony Island, you walk away with a bitter sweet feeling of knowing there is absolutely nothing else quite like it, it kind of holds its own spot.

You said FF X-2 next year? I'm counting the days

Jay Rust posted:

Well. That’s impressive

Or insanity, or incredibly low standards when it comes to that specific horror niche. Maybe both.

Downpour had a cool Silent Hill proper. Homecoming had the Scarlet level. Idk a couple of them aren't quality games but I love them.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 17, 2022

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

TheWorldsaStage posted:

You said FF X-2 next year? I'm counting the days

Absolutely yes. FFX-2, FFXII and FFVI are all next year. In fact, next is Symphony of the Night, then Wind Waker and I think that takes me to the end of the year. I am not sure. I have a whole mega huge list of games and I wish I could play them all now. This year being a jRPG and Zelda revelation has been extremely pleasant to me.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
wind waker rules. immaculate vibes and probably the best final boss fight in the series

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I bought Skyward Sword, and I still haven't played it, and I didn't play it previously when it was first released on the Wii

I should probably play it at some point :v:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I can’t believe the Game Industry News thread hosed so badly it made VG have to lay down the law and not be positive…

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

I can’t believe the Game Industry News thread hosed so badly it made VG have to lay down the law and not be positive…

i saw veegy draw a smileyface on his forehead in sharpie before he started scolding, to cover liability i think

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I was going to make a "VG is basically just Bad Cop from Lego Movie when he's angry" post, but then I remember halfway through photoshopping this up that this is actually Bad Cop putting his Good Cop face back on - and the analogy didn't work

Anyway have this monstrosity

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

it's him, it's really him!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

mr toot boi

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

One of the highest of highlights :)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:five:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

If you haven't already, definitely try Slay The Spire.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

If you haven't already, definitely try Slay The Spire.

I have Slay the Spire and I am not particularly adept.

I have gotten to, but cannot beat the Act 1 boss as Ironclad.
I have beaten the Act 1 boss and gotten to the Act 2 boss as the silent.
I have managed to get near to the Act 3 boss as the defect, which is the character I am best at.

I guess I am the defect :)

If I were no longer using Avatars related to the game I am playing, this would be amazing to use :3:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

While I cannot recommend any video game related deck builders, if you're in the market for a push-your-luck cauldron builder I can whole heartedly recommend Quacks of Quedlinburg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03eoXKp7L7M

It's one of very few games I have ~blinged out~ completely, putting all the chits into coin capsules.
Genuinely one of the favourite games I own

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
its a perfect time of year for some dead by daylight

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I will always contend that magic the gathering is one of the greatest card games ever created yet completely undone by the ppl who play it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I will always contend that magic the gathering is one of the greatest card games ever created yet completely undone by the ppl who play it

That full on MTG game you showed me the other day was actually really interesting. It did make me check to see if I had it on steam and I do have an MTG card game of some kind. I will have to do a double check to find out exactly what it is and if it still works. :)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Absolutely yes. FFX-2, FFXII and FFVI are all next year. In fact, next is Symphony of the Night, then Wind Waker and I think that takes me to the end of the year. I am not sure. I have a whole mega huge list of games and I wish I could play them all now. This year being a jRPG and Zelda revelation has been extremely pleasant to me.

Two of the best games ever, hell yes

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Harrow posted:

Two of the best games ever, hell yes

Ha, I am getting my PS3 setup for Tuesday this evening. Gonna dualsense it seeing as my dualshock 3 fell apart the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Some of the guys in my board game group play MTG religiously, and the will constantly talk about deck composition and it's so weird and alien even to me who enjoys gaming in all its different shapes.

Some of the players they talk about in the local TCG scene seem so insanely toxic