Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If the Pats had managed to beat the Packers two weeks ago it would have been framed as this ground breaking statement win too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ok sure.

But in the very near future when they continue to get their poo poo pushed in, these "statement wins" in Lambeau are going to get a little silly.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Just lol if you feel good about your team winning a game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Ok sure.

But in the very near future when they continue to get their poo poo pushed in, these "statement wins" in Lambeau are going to get a little silly.

Well yeah, if the Packers end up missing the playoffs we can look back at things differently. And also laugh at the Packers thinking they could get by with their receivers.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

WalletBeef posted:

Just lol if you feel good about your team winning a game.

Dolphins fans tried feeling good and now look at us.

Hope this serves as a cautionary tale to the rest of the thread.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

I'm summoning metapod to the thread because I want to express my immense appreciation for Corey Davis. Seems like he's always the guy who gives them a big play in the passing game when they need it. He's been real good this year.

🥰🥰🥰

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Did I mention advanced stats are both true and good this week?
https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1582009908320669696

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This was probably his best play yesterday, dodging people in the pocket, making a good throw!

https://twitter.com/FTBeard7/status/1581732183059808256

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I swear to god if we have to deal with 15 years of ZAPPE puns

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean I do think he's gonna come back to earth when he isn't playing the two worst defenses in football.

But next week they host the Bears, so.....

Nov 6, 2002

They're gonna wait to start Jones @ NYJ and he'll throw 3 picks lol.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao folks calling into Miami talk radio saying waddle needs to be traded

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

??? why

Nov 6, 2002

Inopportune fumble.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Really don't get why there are dolphins fans grasping for anything to blame except for the very obvious fact that all 3 QBs, both tackles, and every CB except the worst one has been hurt.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I would like to see someone from PFF do a video explaining it.
We’re learning this grade was just a way to drive engagement to their lovely podcast.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1582029176244011009

Nov 6, 2002

I imagine a PFF podcast is just nerds rattling off numbers for 45 minutes while tabbing through spreadsheets.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I imagine a PFF podcast is just nerds rattling off numbers for 45 minutes while tabbing through spreadsheets.

They have an analytics focused show and yes it is literally that, just the nerdiest white guy you've ever seen going over spreadsheets.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

He fumbled a ball and his drop led directly to an interception. It’s a stupid suggestion - Waddles been amazing and he has one bad game. The host luckily called him a moron and said no more “stupid as F calls”

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1581738861323243520

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Wambsgans rear end dork.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Packers wins are really unimpressive. They beat the Bears who suck out loud and then barely snuck by both NE and Tampa. They aren't rear end like the Lions and Bears, but they feel very middling this year

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Am I wrong to think that the Bills could win out the rest of the season? Not only did they have arguably the 4 hardest road games already, but they also have more home than road games left.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ditch posted:

Am I wrong to think that the Bills could win out the rest of the season? Not only did they have arguably the 4 hardest road games already, but they also have more home than road games left.

Yes you’re wrong.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
They're going to lose 15-40 to the Lions and 6-9 to the Bears.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

They're going to lose 15-40 to the Lions and 6-9 to the Bears.
To be honest, I don't think I would be that mad, losing to the Lions. They need it more than us.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bills won’t win out because it’s the nfl but they will probably be favorites in every game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

yeah I mean the best teams lose to the worst like 10% of the time, it's the NFL, they'll almost certainly drop a few more, not worth worrying about it other then getting to the playoffs healthy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There would be a weird sense of satisfaction if Miami were the only L in Buffalos 16-1 season tbh so I wouldnt hate it.

Miami's remaining schedule seems like it should provide us some bounce back, but we're incapable of winning games we have to win, so I just expect us to drop 2 of the next 6 very winnable games.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
There is always the chance of someone getting hurt or just laying an egg one week, but the rest of the way their schedule is not bad. I thought the Bills might catch the Browns with Watson instead of whatever scrub at QB but he isn't going to play until week 12 (or at all lol)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I mean, the NFL being the NFL, winning out would be next to impossible. But 9-2 or 10-1 the rest of the way seems quite plausible.

It's just so hard to wrap my brain around the Bills being top tier for the first time since I was in elementary school.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Bills will crap themselves at least one more time. It just happens.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonna go 13-4, all losses in division.

Nov 6, 2002

I'll take it.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Wrap it up Billsailures.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami's remaining schedule seems like it should provide us some bounce back, but we're incapable of winning games we have to win, so I just expect us to drop 2 of the next 6 very winnable games.

I’ve been a Dolphins fan too long to believe this will actually happen but if this team is who we think they are, they should go 4-1 at worst against the next 5 with multiple blowouts.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If you're a Pats fan you should listen to Michael Lombardi's podcast today. The amount of victory lap taking on their draft, Zappe, Bill was just top tier.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of, the athletic football show wrap up has tons of gushing about the Bills, Pats and Jets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd4Yia_eMWE

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

mcmagic posted:

If you're a Pats fan you should listen to Michael Lombardi's podcast today. The amount of victory lap taking on their draft, Zappe, Bill was just top tier.

Mac being discarded like yesterday’s trash is kind of depressing and I was pretty tepid on his season last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

well maybe he shouldn't have played like garbage