Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I have like three pairs of Godhands (I thought I lost a pair...twice) and one pair of Army Painter nips for the really thick stuff. Godhands are loving awesome.

I don't really go after mold lines unless they're super obvious, and even then I just give them a once-over. Everybody's got a line in the sand and I guess that's mine: you're only ever playing from three feet away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I live life one millimeter at a time

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

I live life one millimeter at a time

I live life one milliliter at a time if you know what I mean

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'll give lines a quick shave with my knife but only really for big ugly ones. I'm not breaking my brain trying to get into tiny corners and stuff.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

Everybody's got a line in the sand
Or, in your case, plastic.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I am painting some crons and have sprayed them leadbelcher but it's coming out with a dull silver, almost grey, but when I look at the videos it's much more shiny.

What am I doing wrong? I have used a base of black as well, so leadbelcher on top of abadon black.

Or am I doomed to buy yet another rattle can?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

notaspy posted:

I am painting some crons and have sprayed them leadbelcher but it's coming out with a dull silver, almost grey, but when I look at the videos it's much more shiny.

What am I doing wrong? I have used a base of black as well, so leadbelcher on top of abadon black.

Or am I doomed to buy yet another rattle can?

This is what I get with spray leadbelcher:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

maybe you didn’t shake your paint enough and the mica flakes that give it its shine are clumped at the bottom?

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Darktide coming for Mechanicus' musical crown. I don't get hyped about games very often these days but this one got me for sure

The theme is giving me strong Dredd vibes which is appropriate in a lot of ways I suppose

Miles O'Brian fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 17, 2022

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Miles O'Brian posted:

Darktide coming for Mechanicus' musical crown. I don't get hyped about games very often these days but this one got me for sure

The theme is giving me strong Dredd vibes which is appropriate in a lot of ways I suppose

I played the beta over the weekend and had a grand time beating heretics with a shovel

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Miles O'Brian posted:

I concur I played the beta it’s awesome, it’s a little divisive for people who played vermintide but I’m just super hyped for it and pre-ordered

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Cthulu Carl posted:

I played the beta over the weekend and had a grand time beating heretics with a shovel

Yeah I ended up playing as a Psyker though because every time I didn't someone either wouldn't be one or was rubbish and I found killing elites without one was often very tough.

Ended up having a primaris psyker style staff and force sword. It was awesome.

In other news I played Word Bearers vs Daemons yesterday and was thrashed heavily. The opponent brought a wound capped Bloodthirster and a wound capped Abbadon, and my entire army was melee focused, and they passed every single 4+ deny strat or deny attempt from Kairos.

As a result I did kill Abbadon bit only after a huge amount of effort went into it.

I had a maulerfiend in the list and he did fine, but I think I'm going to change him out for some Slaanesh marked Havocs with two Las two missile, I could have potentially taken 8 wounds off the Bloodthirster turn 1 and then charged him with possessed, which would have probably done another 8 wounds leaving him bracketed and ready to be shot next turn.

I need to find my havoc models on my pile of shame now.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Painted an inquisitor. And subtly using these guys to learn non-metallic metals/chrome.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Cthulu Carl posted:

I love that instead of getting a unique grenade the ogryn just throws the whole crate. Like, they don't explode even. He doesn't get grenades - just sees his buddies throwing them and is like hell yeah 'eave ho.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I love that instead of getting a unique grenade the ogryn just throws the whole crate. Like, they don't explode even. He doesn't get grenades - just sees his buddies throwing them and is like hell yeah 'eave ho.

Donkey Kong mode activate

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1582008524271673348?t=5lhVLpX-v4BQkVjuvWLXRA&s=19

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/17/attilan-rough-riders-bring-horses-to-a-tank-fight-and-win/

:asoiaf:
Holy poo poo, talk about glow up.

quote:

Join us next week for another reveal from Codex: Astra Militarum – a big one
Pretty sure we're getting the tank reveal next week.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 17, 2022

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Looks like mixed guard regiments are going to become more the norm. Seems like GW is leaning that way in the recent fluff too

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Just like Ogryn the Attilan Rough Riders were always an auxiliary force attached to a regular guard force (except for Krieg I guess) so this isnt a new thing

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

On the plus side, now it's going to be far easier to convert your own rough riders.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Cmon Valhallans, give us Valhallans..

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Wooooow that’s crazy I never though they’d bring back the rough riders!!

Maybe they’ll bring back tallarn but actually make them look middle eastern!

I would KILL for a Jannisary Guard!

I loved that wierd Cossack fur hat dudes they released years ago more weirdos like that!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 17, 2022

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Hihohe posted:

Cmon Valhallans, give us Valhallans..

Sorry, it's just new Catachans for now.

Also a big tank and new Lord Solar on horse.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Holy poo poo, rough riders

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

People make fun of the marines for using bikes in the year of our warlord 41,000 but homie over here with a horse and medieval Chinese grenade spear

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/17/attilan-rough-riders-bring-horses-to-a-tank-fight-and-win/

:asoiaf:
Holy poo poo, talk about glow up.

Pretty sure we're getting the tank reveal next week.

I want to get these just to paint. Awesome models

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
I hope the legs of the man aren't part of the horse model but we know that they will be.

I guess I'll buy em and put them on motorbikes or something!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ok that horse looks rad as poo poo.

Motorbikes are for cowards.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The warcom email called them Imperial Mounties so now I want to paint some up all Canadian. Ooo and these give new conversion opportunities for Necromunda :hmmorks:

a fatguy baldspot posted:

People make fun of the marines for using bikes in the year of our warlord 41,000 but homie over here with a horse and medieval Chinese grenade spear

Yeah it owns

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 17, 2022

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
I dunno why but I dont love the new riders as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's the bdsm horse mask and armour. Or the poses seems kinda weird too.

I'll take 5 boxes

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma posted:

I dunno why but I dont love the new riders as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's the bdsm horse mask and armour. Or the poses seems kinda weird too.

I'll take 5 boxes

Hard same, the rider himself is dope as gently caress but something's up with the horse's... armor? Skirt? Posing? Can't put my finger on it. Still going to fill my fast attack slots with as many horsies as possible though.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

The horse looks like it's just jumped over a big obstacle but there's all of two sandbags on the base.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Siivola posted:

The horse looks like it's just jumped over a big obstacle but there's all of two sandbags on the base.

Yeah I dont know if part of it is the horse is leaping/charging, while the rider is just chilling with his lance up.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JFC please stop complaining about stupid loving poo poo for once guys, the new Rough Riders look dope af.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Rough riders never did it for me and I suspect they still don't. I will begrudgingly buy some of it turns out they are mandatory competitive play units though.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

AndyElusive posted:

JFC please stop complaining about stupid loving poo poo for once guys, the new Rough Riders look dope af.

If you complain about me complaining I'm gonna complain. Consider this your only warning.

Also the cheese grater horse mask looks bad. Fight me.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Gonna bash a box to be on those sick mechanical horsies the mechanics get

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I don't like the new horse because it doesn't have the creepy as gently caress gasmask. And that it's current pose has the whole model balancing on a single hoof. But mostly the lack of a horse gasmask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Wait, I thought Horses in 40K were genetically modified/evolved to have weird matis/talon feet?