Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Also played the old classic game-mode infection. Good times.

It is basically a Deathmatch with fluid teams.
All players with same characters are allied. When you get a kill they get turned to same character as character as you. If you get killed, you get turned.
Round ends when everyone is same character and that character gets banned from future rounds.
Really addictive mode.

Code for the Eichenwald version is:
Q365Q

Code for with Multiple maps:
SMMGK

baps are taking over.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Bronze is quite laughably unbalanced at the moment - I assume a bunch of players have been chucked in there before the balance patch and haven’t played enough games to be re-ranked to Uber duber platinum :

had a match where my entire team had literally 4 kills combined, at the end after two rounds, with the enemy team around 60+.
The next game I got 50 kills with widowmaker alone and the enemy team had less than 20 altogether.
All seems a bit unfair ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Aipsh posted:

Bronze is quite laughably unbalanced at the moment - I assume a bunch of players have been chucked in there before the balance patch and haven’t played enough games to be re-ranked to Uber duber platinum :

had a match where my entire team had literally 4 kills combined, at the end after two rounds, with the enemy team around 60+.
The next game I got 50 kills with widowmaker alone and the enemy team had less than 20 altogether.
All seems a bit unfair ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like the minimum everyone with like 100+ hours in OW1 should have been placed into was Silver 5, because man if you're brand new to this game the learning curve is steep.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
played with a Zarya on New Queen Street who stared straight at a stationary d.va ult in one of the alleyways and died to it, with cover a foot on either side

'zarya why'd you die to that ult?"

"because it killed me"

dogs learn faster!

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Pattonesque posted:

played with a Zarya on New Queen Street who stared straight at a stationary d.va ult in one of the alleyways and died to it, with cover a foot on either side

'zarya why'd you die to that ult?"

"because it killed me"

dogs learn faster!

I played with a JQ than ran directly into the enemy team in a straight line 4 times in a row and died in a fraction of a second each time.. It was so confusing. The rest of the team was patiently wait for her to respawn and take the initiative.

Luckily this was QP and I got a work call.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

I decided to add custom game modes to the 3rd post:

quote:

COOL CUSTOM GAME MODES:

Infection - Killing enemy turns them into your character and ally. Round resets when everyone is same character and the winning character gets banned:
Q365Q - Classic Eichenwald version:
SMMGK - Multiple maps version
Or just search Infection

Parkour - Use your Movement abilities to the max to clear challenges. Usually start from easier tricks and go to really hard fast.
4QETZV - Genji Parkour (Route 66).
Or just search Parkour

Lucio Surf - Relative to Parkour, these are more freeform maps. Just Wallride to the goal without never touching the ground.
KVKKR - Multiple maps to surf
Or just search Lucio Surf

Widow HS - Click heads with Widowmaker in a deathmatch. Headshots only
QCK3P - Necropolis map
Or just search Widow HS

What else I should add?
I'm missing Aim trainers as I'm not familiar, which ones are good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My competitive experience so far: lose 10 support matches in a row, no lie. Like 7-8 total stomps. Then the next 3 I become the stomper. And then it drops me in damage and we come close to winning which, shouldn't happen since I suck. We might have actually won though had I switched to some hitscan against the Phara sooner. Then it drops me in tank and I win and much like Albert Einstein in the classroom, I get rounds of applause from all my teammates on my excellent skill of standing in front of the payload and holding down L2 until it's out, then R2 to shoot stuff with d.va, occasionally shooting rockets, then switching to Rein on defense when the opponent was managing to shoot us a lot and just holding R2 and doing nothing else. Real heady stuff, I'm a master at the tank game.

I half wonder if the account merge is to be blamed because I was gold ranked on PC but just outright refused to play anything but Lucio and Mercy and high frame rate monitor placebo effect of making me concentrate on my aim more. I was a Bronze/Silver borderline player before on console which is where I'm playing now, which is probably more accurate. Maybe the 'rithim believes in its PC rankings first.

teagone posted:

Play Bap instead. He's awesome.

I've been playing him and I think I like a lot about him but 1) I seem to be using the immortality field wrong. The only person I ever am able to save with it is myself. 2) Is there some sort of CC or escape I'm missing? Actually looks like this is being discussed later in the thread anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can save people with the field but it doesn't have much health and better players will destroy it very quickly.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My favorite use of the immortality field lately has been invalidating D.Va ults. Just stare right at her exploding mech and laugh.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AndrewP posted:

I always do a fun thing where I accidentally throw it about a foot too far in front of me and immediately die

Look straight down and then throw it instead :haw:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Aexo posted:

Sigma rock her spinny thing and catch the spear with his shield. Doom can punch her out of the spin and I think Zarya beam goes through it. She doesn't die because people don't focus her collectively.
Orisa might be basically unkillable to ranged poke near a corner. 2 short "I can't die" cooldowns that retain full movement speed to dodge stuff and armor acts like a straight 43% healing buff modifier

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Aexo posted:

Sigma rock her spinny thing and catch the spear with his shield. Doom can punch her out of the spin and I think Zarya beam goes through it. She doesn't die because people don't focus her collectively.

What's fun about this new meta is that no one even bothers mentioning non-tanks as options that can, like, kill another tank.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Orisa is good at low skill levels and bad at high skill levels. She's the Pharah of tanks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Big gamer things

https://clips.twitch.tv/SingleCleverBottleDoritosChip-M5AF4ffqU019QRNa

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Megazver posted:

What's fun about this new meta is that no one even bothers mentioning non-tanks as options that can, like, kill another tank.

The issue we are discussing is not killing the other tank, it is beating the other tank (all other things being equal). This mostly amounts to being able to hold space and pressure the other team to enable your team.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I honestly didnt understand why people bothered switching the kiriko heal toggle off for a while and then tried it out and my healing numbers on her shot up a huge amount. Its great because you can just top up chipped dps and then spray your tank. I dunno if shes actually a top tier support if you cant reliably hit your damage shots but im getting a feel for it and also the range on her teleport and im starting to feel incredibly annoying for the other team in qp.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i cant headshot for poo poo unless im roadhog so i doubt i'll ever really be GOOD at Kiriko but her kit is very fun

i should try that hero option to toggle throwing out all 10 out once

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Kiriko damage feels so bad without headshots. I suspect you couldn't even down an entire Winston or Zarya bubble before they expire naturally. Maybe the Zarya bubble but you shouldn't be shooting it anyway.

Isn't her hps like 70 or something? That's not too bad.

She's definitely fun to play if you can get in a situation that baits the team cooldowns and port away right before they get there.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Decided to finish up my DPS queue comp today, no comms. Think my placements went 7-2 overall? All matches were solo flights. Hero pool was Sombra/Soldier/Sojourn, mostly Sombra. Placed Gold 5 :toot:

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Get rid of the dps passive, especially since the reasoning was “they don’t have anything”. And bring back cowboys stun.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Thank god they fixed the placements. Imagine going 7-2 and getting placed to Bronze 2 or Silver 5.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

cowboy stun was really stupid and unfun from both sides glad they took it out

they might have to tweak genji back a bit now though that a lot of the stun bullshit is out of the game

genji like "recently" in ow1 got cancellable deflect and hugely buffed attack speed to deal with a really defensive pocket meta

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 17, 2022

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

comedyblissoption posted:

cowboy stun was really stupid and unfun from both sides glad they took it out

It was really funny on the Mcree side. I deleted so many Genjis with it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

adhuin posted:

Thank god they fixed the placements. Imagine going 7-2 and getting placed to Bronze 2 or Silver 5.

Friend, I don't have to imagine.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

adhuin posted:

Yeah, lmao. My DPS queue matches ended up going 2 wins, 2 losses, then 5 wins in a row to get placed. I think it's pretty accurate placing now; my DPS is really bad, and I wanted to have my fun with Sombra before they probably nerf her, lol.

[edit] I had a 91% winrate with Sombra over placements, lmao.

teagone fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 17, 2022

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if you zone it just right maybe you can airblast a deflecting genji w/ cowboy's new grenade

I hit deflecting genjis all the time w/ soldier's right click b/c the aoe is like a loving nuke

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How do I get good at Junker Queen? I know people don't think too highly of her in the meta (I think she has appeared at the bottom of every list I've seen) but I think her kit is pretty fun but I'm just bad at all of it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I haven't played her super extensively but it seems like the most important thing is landing her knife, like Roadhog is reliant on hooks.

A direct hit with the knife will let you yank the target towards you with the recall which combos well into the axe swing. She gets health regen for getting bleeds on people and it stacks up. A person can have up to 3 different bleeds on them at a time: knife (either thrown or quick melee), axe, and ultimate. Tagging multiple people with bleeds can give a lot of regen.

Basically she mostly just feels like a ton of work to function at all compared to any other tank.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I feel like junker queen is crippled by an extremely slow knife projectile speed (I think it's slower than sigma's rock)

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

You don't always have to direct hit with the knife either. It will wound anyone it passes through when you call it back from the ground or wall. You can get some real distance on it so it's great for choke points and standoffs when you don't have a direct target you want to hit or happen to miss.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah, knife still wounds regardless but you don't get the yoink without a direct hit which I think is where most of her potential kill power is.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Emongg was doin some funny JQ tech where he'd throw her knife in the ground before using her ult, ult into as many enemies a possible, and call back the knife to try and have Gracie hit the enemies on the way back for more wound application. He was only doing that to try and get the 7 simultaneous wound cheevo, but I think it's neat and applicable tech lol.

Jimbot posted:

How do I get good at Junker Queen? I know people don't think too highly of her in the meta (I think she has appeared at the bottom of every list I've seen) but I think her kit is pretty fun but I'm just bad at all of it.

I've got ~9ish hours of JQ comp playtime, with a 46% winrate, so lol at any advice from me. I did my tank placements exclusively with her. Honestly, most the time whenever I'm playing JQ I feel like I'm playing total mayhem and just hope for the best lmao.

Her melee is real good though, so always be hitting with that poo poo for wound application. Combo with the knife throw; if you land it and are able to yank the enemy toward you, hit em again with melee + shotgun, or bring out carnage. Fatty axe swings are fun. Carnage cleaves, so if you see an opportunity to hit multiple enemies at once, swing that poo poo. You're probably supposed to use her shout to push the advantage or initiate, but I tend to favor using it defensively, either to save teammates or disengage from fights.

teagone fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 18, 2022

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

junker queen also suffers from not really having a good "I can't die" ability like every other tank in the game (some of which get multiple) because they're trying to tie it to deathball team synergy so it's comparatively terrible outside of that

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

junker queen also suffers from not really having a good "I can't die" ability like every other tank in the game (some of which get multiple) because they're trying to tie it to deathball team synergy so it's comparatively terrible outside of that

i feel like she's one of the rare few instances where you actually want brigitte so that you have a secondary target to eat some fire for her

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Give Junker Queen three shout stocks and let them stack.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

removing jq's ability to buff her entire team would open up the design space for her so they aren't trying to balance her for a specific overwatch league pigeonholed composition you'll almost never see outside of owl

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

you could probably give her axe swing frontal damage reduction if you wanted to give her a real "ah gently caress" button that still preserved her relative fragility

i think her big problem in ranked is ultimately going to be that, if you're not landing your RMB and E for the bleed stacks and passive healing, you're a lovely roadhog with a speed boost, and it's hard for the rest of your team to play around that. at least roadhog is this big dumb target with like 1k+ EHP, whereas JQ has 75%~ of his health and a slightly wider DPS hitbox that no one's gonna have trouble aiming past

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It was kind of insane how much easier the game became once I swapped to main D.Va and now Zarya after having put in a chunk of comp with JQ.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yah non-owl players are only going to be able to play her like a gimped roadhog

she's designed to be a deathball hero but in my anecdotal experience only real sickos want the game to be that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

teagone posted:

It was kind of insane how much easier the game became once I swapped to main D.Va and now Zarya after having put in a chunk of comp with JQ.

humbly suggesting to blizzard games LLC that perhaps the tank with the infinite HP forward toggle shield also shouldn't be able to instantly fly away out of danger to be healed