Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I hope you realize you got spun up in this the same exact way that crew used to play fluffdaddy
like beat for beat, it's the same cycle playing out

I hate this, but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I hope you realize you got spun up in this the same exact way that crew used to play fluffdaddy
like beat for beat, it's the same cycle playing out

Also maybe keep this in mind for the next time the same dozen people find c-spam's unforgivable forums crime of the week

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

VideoKid posted:

capitalism had conditioned us to believe that asking for help is a moral failing. it’s not and gently caress anyone who tries to shame anyone for doing it.

yes absolutely this. it's very frustrating

Azathoth posted:

Okay, mean culpa time. I'm reading over my posts and I'm embarrassed.

I got heated and I hosed up, said things I shouldn't have said and I'd like to personally apologize to Plinkey. He's said he will address the accountability concerns and I should have taken him at his word on that. He's done more real world good than I have, by a large margin, and that should and does count for something. I'm sorry that I made someone who used the fund feel like they needed to come here and defend it, and talk about personal stuff.

I was over the line and I am truly sorry.

thank you

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
loving disgraceful. QCS delenda est. I’m sorry this is happening Plinkey. No good deed goes unpunished :(

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Azathoth posted:

I got heated and I hosed up, said things I shouldn't have said and I'd like to personally apologize to Plinkey. He's said he will address the accountability concerns and I should have taken him at his word on that. He's done more real world good than I have, by a large margin, and that should and does count for something. I'm sorry that I made someone who used the fund feel like they needed to come here and defend it, and talk about personal stuff.

that's cool, come back around cspam and be abusive from a position of authority anytime. you get as many chances as you want to have the trust of a community when you're in leadership! any plans to free sexpig yet or are we still ignoring your last fuckup

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

croup coughfield posted:

az is loving this one up

Azathoth posted:

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
It's a huge mystery as to why someone who, for the past ~3 years, has operated a charity, sometimes while using his own money and with the blessing of the site's owner, is suddenly accused of stealing from it with absolutely no evidence of any wrongdoing. Plinkey isn't acting "guilty," he's acting pissed off, because every good deed goes unpunished, right? He has explained himself multiple times and many people have revealed that he's helped them, no questions asked. This is out of nowhere and it is a bit mind boggling that all of a sudden, the admins (one admin?) are so concerned about a random, unrelated poster's baseless accusation about something that has done this community a lot of good.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lordshmee posted:

loving disgraceful. QCS delenda est. I’m sorry this is happening Plinkey. No good deed goes unpunished :(

i can tell how messy your lovely apartment is by how repulsed of responsibility you are.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Azathoth posted:

I hate this, but yeah.

oh
well

good on you for seeing it and admitting mistakes
please don't destroy yourself in the name of your position

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as someone who has once received from and has tried to be a regular contributor to the goonbucks fund, i sincerely loving wish i had my own personal finances in order to the point that i could start critiquing the financial compliance and practices of somebody trying to do a direct-action thing as best they can.

loving hell at least it's keeping some of you loving busybodies from calling the cops on homeless people, i guess.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bebop esq posted:

It's a huge mystery as to why someone who, for the past ~3 years, has operated a charity, sometimes while using his own money and with the blessing of the site's owner, is suddenly accused of stealing from it with absolutely no evidence of any wrongdoing. Plinkey isn't acting "guilty," he's acting pissed off, because every good deed goes unpunished, right? He has explained himself multiple times and many people have revealed that he's helped them, no questions asked. This is out of nowhere and it is a bit mind boggling that all of a sudden, the admins (one admin?) are so concerned about a random, unrelated poster's baseless accusation about something that has done this community a lot of good.

over time, things change.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ram dass in hell posted:

do you think that a red star makes you like a sherriffs deputy or something lol what is this air of authority like you have any more credibility here than plinkey or anyone else

Lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

as someone who has once received from and has tried to be a regular contributor to the goonbucks fund, i sincerely loving wish i had my own personal finances in order to the point that i could start critiquing the financial compliance and practices of somebody trying to do a direct-action thing as best they can.

loving hell at least it's keeping some of you loving busybodies from calling the cops on homeless people, i guess.

i'm glad you have been helped, but responsibility is important when dealing with large sums of money.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.

I got the tude now posted:

i can tell how messy your lovely apartment is by how repulsed of responsibility you are.

Have you ever been in a poor person's home or

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ButterSkeleton posted:

i live in a poor persons home and clean it regularly.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

:munch:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ButterSkeleton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9599kwnhM

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
ask for money to get a scrubdaddy you filthy bitch

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
again, i am fully in favor of the goonfund, but it's time to treat it with a less cavalier attitude.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Is that a Jordan Peterson video looooool

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

i'm glad you have been helped, but responsibility is important when dealing with large sums of money.

the thing is this is all trust, and it basically has to be unless you want to bring in auditors or some poo poo. like at the end of the day even a “this is what went out” statement still relies on trusting Plinky not to lie about it. a more formal model has benefits but it also has downsides (potential impact on helping people anonymously or who aren’t from the US).

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jordan peterson invented poor people

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ButterSkeleton posted:

Is that a Jordan Peterson video looooool

he's smarter than you

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I'm not saying that the whole thing was started by people with an axe to grind who just wanted to destroy a thing that other people like, I'm saying that the people who started it are acting entirely consistently with people with an axe to grind who just want to destroy a thing that other people like.

Every bit of the endless forum wars are detestable and the people who perpetuate them would be pitiable if they didn't inflict real harm each time they push.

This is unbiased and I'm gonna flounce now. No further questions.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

thank you, please don't post in this thread again

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Plinkey posted:

thank you, please don't post in this thread again

lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

again, i am fully in favor of the goonfund, but it's time to treat it with a less cavalier attitude.

oh dont worry we can tell you care

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
let the loving guy do the loving good thing he's been doing for people for years. put a disclaimer on the op if you really have to. if there's a problem, it had better be more significant than misspending 7 dollars and missing some emails.

Plinkey, iirc, makes good computer toucher money personally and is a landlord and does not need to skim this account for more.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

hey Az you forgot to take your worthless lackey with you, I think he's lost

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

he's smarter than you

Tell me about the Chaos Dragon and how an all-meat diet is the way

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Plinkey, iirc, makes good computer toucher money personally and is a landlord and does not need to skim this account for more.

hang on he loving sucks now

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

the thing is this is all trust, and it basically has to be unless you want to bring in auditors or some poo poo. like at the end of the day even a “this is what went out” statement still relies on trusting Plinky not to lie about it. a more formal model has benefits but it also has downsides (potential impact on helping people anonymously or who aren’t from the US).

i'm really only perusing this arguement, is there any real disadvantage to moving towards a model that resembles the UK goon fund? if anything i'd love to see the fund grow in size, and i've seen testimonials of people being outright ignored.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

hey Az you forgot to take your worthless lackey with you, I think he's lost

imagine being relegated to the "Biff's sidekick with the 3d glasses" of posters

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

1stGear posted:

Tell me about the Chaos Dragon and how an all-meat diet is the way

hang on he loving sucks now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks072waMayk

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i've donated no more than 25 a month when i have been able to.

as far as i know, what that $25 is used for is to help goons.

it's not that loving deep unless you're literally looking to pick a fight because you got nothing else going on for you.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Man, I wonder why no one in C-SPAM thinks the QCS Brigade is posting in good faith.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i've donated no more than 25 a month when i have been able to.

as far as i know, what that $25 is used for is to help goons.

it's not that loving deep unless you're literally looking to pick a fight because you got nothing else going on for you.

you dont know poo poo is what yo'ure saying

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i can flame AND be correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006