Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020
This is still the dumbest poo poo ever.

Still have $30 a month locked in.

:munch: without a home currently, two cars and an ok job though.

This not an honorable snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

CODChimera posted:

wrong thread

I am posting this in every thread, for the sake of transparency.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

wait, so you don't have to pay any taxes on it?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

i see. best of luck in the future.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Azathoth posted:

Okay, mean culpa time. I'm reading over my posts and I'm embarrassed.

I got heated and I hosed up, said things I shouldn't have said and I'd like to personally apologize to Plinkey. He's said he will address the accountability concerns and I should have taken him at his word on that. He's done more real world good than I have, by a large margin, and that should and does count for something. I'm sorry that I made someone who used the fund feel like they needed to come here and defend it, and talk about personal stuff.

I was over the line and I am truly sorry.

I didn't want to say anything until I had time to read up on these threads, but you need to resign.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I got the tude now posted:

somehow i don't think you really mean that but whatever makes you look polite enough i guess

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

wait, so you don't have to pay any taxes on it?

god drat first smart thing you've said for 3 days

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

I didn't want to say anything until I had time to read up on these threads, but you need to resign.

he's not allowed to post here anymore

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Plinkey posted:

god drat first smart thing you've said for 3 days

then why are people bragging about how generous you are for paying taxes on it?

smarxist posted:

i know first hand Plinkey takes a pretty decent hit to his own income to run the GoonFund, turning it into a charity apparently would have cost more in the long term, so everything that comes in hits his own personal taxes, also he goes into the red pretty much every month and covers people

would it be cool if it was some fukken perfectly ran thing yeah i guess, but as it stands, it's probably doing the most good it can without turning into someone's 20+ hour a week job

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

what level of concern would not be dramatic in your eyes? i'm being sincere when i say i think the fund is a good thing.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

then why are people bragging about how generous you are for paying taxes on it?

i was only posting my own suppositions from how i thought it was structured, seems like plinkey had a smarter way to go. i trust him, so i didn't really ask/care or interrogate how it's being managed.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I may up my donation just out of gratitude for this spectacle

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020

Buck Wildman posted:

I may up my donation just out of gratitude for this spectacle

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

what level of concern would not be dramatic in your eyes? i'm being sincere when i say i think the fund is a good thing.

Lol

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Plinkey posted:

he's not allowed to post here anymore

That's a good start.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

i was only posting my own suppositions from how i thought it was structured, seems like plinkey had a smarter way to go. i trust him, so i didn't really ask/care or interrogate how it's being managed.

lol so all that "I personally know him and this operation" turned out to be 100% your own fantasy?

great look

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

smarxist posted:

lol

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

Plinkey posted:

yeah, i know bro, that's why i started this, it started out as me sending pizzas to people, sometimes i had to go to the post office mail loving money orders, with a side of beef jerky

it grew out of that, it got too big for a gofundme after a month or two and was too hard to run

the patreon format was was better and that's how it is now, and how it will stay for a while

plz post what you've done

ive organized and executed multiple mutual aid programs irl, as well as being involved with funds similar to this one (which i couldn't easily steal from because they were organized). i got my start in anti-capitalist organizing through dumb lib charity bullshit and seeing what its really for is what drove me to marxism.

if i wasn't clear enough to this point: i support the fund and the work you're doing. i think it does good and should continue to do good. furthermore, i think that there are plenty of people who just love finding things to be pissed off about, and some of those people see an excellent opportunity to make posts and read their own words. some of them may be posting in this thread but tbh i see mostly attempts at sincere discussion regarding the issue that are being rebuffed with personal attacks, broad strokes painting everyone who disagrees as some kind of drama pervert wrecker or something, and generally unhelpful and anti-social behavior.

its reasonable to respond with anger when you feel something you care about and created/use/support is attacked. its simply not productive to dig in and be as obstinate, aggressive, and condescending as has been happening in this thread by you and others.

my own concern is that there are clearly people who rely on this fund, and while the footloose and fancy-free process to this point has worked fine, it won't always. if this is something you care about, and i believe it is, then its in your interest to develop a stronger organization now that it's grown larger. hell, could anyone even take over if you died in a traffic accident tomorrow, something that kills like a hundred people a day? is there anything in place for that? what happens to the people who need the money if the irs comes sniffing around and vaporizes you?

i dont think the answer is whatevers going on over in the other thread, thats probably just number-fucker bullshit. i think the answer is for you, plinkey, to continue to build your project in a way that protects you and continues to serve its target demographic even in the face of inevitable adversity

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

absolute dogshit probe. gently caress you jeff. dipshit

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Bye bye

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ur sacrifice was not in vain, they'll be talking about u for years

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

croup coughfield posted:

Lol qq

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
clean shoot, jeff.

gently caress you if you're hatin

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

Hey maybe you can organize a mutual aid fund to raise them $10

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

man this poo poo sucks. I have skimmed this thread and the other and wanted to sweatily throw out a 'thanks' to contributors and Plinkey for saving my rear end from the dumpster three times in as many years. I truly don't know of any other resource to help people in positions like mine where things are 'stable' but $50-80 of non-food-mandated cash can be life-changing (or sustaining) when disaster strikes. Even churches don't do that anymore.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
lol ok. if you think qcs is rough just wait until you meet up with the s-tier concern trolls at the internal revenue service

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool, youve made your point.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I'm still not clear on why everybody thinks they're entitled to "transparency" on how plinkey manages money people give him with the clear understanding that there will be no transparency. It's literally right there in the OP,

quote:

I know, you're all thinking who the gently caress is Plinkey, and what are they going to do with my $5 a month donation?

Well, you'll never know, that's the thing, because I'm not going to call out goons that are hard up and need an extra $50 to not get kicked out of their apartment.

I will post no tesitimonials, or PM quotes, if you want to endorse this thing or not, it's up to you.

Don't donate if you aren't on board with the deal, I guess?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

croup coughfield posted:

lol ok. if you think qcs is rough just wait until you meet up with the s-tier concern trolls at the internal revenue service

Lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

yeah plonkey u just wait til this bad mother fer runs wild on YOU!

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

man this poo poo sucks. I have skimmed this thread and the other and wanted to sweatily throw out a 'thanks' to contributors and Plinkey for saving my rear end from the dumpster three times in as many years. I truly don't know of any other resource to help people in positions like mine where things are 'stable' but $50-80 of non-food-mandated cash can be life-changing (or sustaining) when disaster strikes. Even churches don't do that anymore.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Let us know how much time it takes to fill out the IRS report.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Javid posted:

I'm still not clear on why everybody thinks they're entitled to "transparency" on how plinkey manages money people give him with the clear understanding that there will be no transparency. It's literally right there in the OP,

Don't donate if you aren't on board with the deal, I guess?

Because they don't think they're entitled to anything, they're using that as a smokescreen to detonate a community resource. Why they're attempting that seems to be because it will gain them posting accolades.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
C-SPAM: the appearance of impropriety is nearly as bad as impropriety itself

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer