Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
There's a Kleenex commercial currently airing that features a bunch of literal snot-nosed kids. It's loving disgusting. Who OK's this kind of stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cyril Sneer posted:

There's a Kleenex commercial currently airing that features a bunch of literal snot-nosed kids. It's loving disgusting. Who OK's this kind of stuff?

Not any worse than hearing about a guy tell us how comfortable his balls are in his new underwear.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mister Kingdom posted:

Not any worse than hearing about a guy tell us how comfortable his balls are in his new underwear.

I will never get over bent-dick carrot and the closeups of a woman’s crotch as she shaved her pubes. I’m not a prude, but the 70 yr/old Mom and 99 yr/old Granny I watch college football with on Saturdays actually are.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Seeing literal is definitely worse than hearing about.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Mister Kingdom posted:

the Bust Rodd style of advertising

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mister Kingdom posted:

Or hearing a child sing about how clean his asscrack is.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Thanks to Lume, I found out my crotch/rear end has a stink factor.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
gently caress off burger king with the whopper whopper whopper song.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Why is Danny DeVito doing ads for Jersey Mike's? And why are they so terrible?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

Thanks to Lume, I found out my crotch/rear end has a stink factor.

I have serious doubts about their data quality

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Literally the only thing I know about James Corden is how unlikable he generally is, so the fact that he's advertising Keurig makes it extra amusing. I don't actually have an opinion on the commercial though.

SilentChaz posted:

The enthusiasm is...endearing, I guess? Not in a way that makes the commercials good, however.

Sash! posted:

I have serious doubts about their data quality

Seriously, this is giving me serious "making body hair seem bad to sell razors" vibes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SilentChaz posted:

I can't hate them since Danny DeVito is so drat cool

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Codependent Poster posted:

I can't hate them since Danny DeVito is so drat cool

Have you seen Little Demon? He's plays the Devil in it.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

SilentChaz posted:

He's Philly trash now

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
This Geico ad with the waitress telling her "scary" ad pitch going "ahhhhh, ahhhhh" should be considered a war crime.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Hector Delgado posted:

This Geico ad with the waitress telling her "scary" ad pitch going "ahhhhh, ahhhhh" should be considered a war crime.

I feel like it's a slight improvement over the first taxi cab version. Which was aggressively terrible, used a bad fake voice and they also played a cut version half the time that ruin the joke of the ad anyway.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SilentChaz posted:

Why is Danny DeVito doing ads for Jersey Mike's?

They offered him money, and he accepted it bc he wants to have money

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
For those of you not watching baseball:
https://twitter.com/chrisoIIey/stat...ingawful.com%2F
Citizens for Sanity are taking bad faith to new and exciting places.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I don't know if this counts because this is more of a promo than an ad, but the Trevor Noah promo where he jokes about Idris Elba being the hottest temperature makes me want to jump off a loving roof.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Holy moly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw4_fxkkRbc

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I've noticed a new trend on ads for crappy devices - they tell you that because of supply chain issues, they are halting manufacture of said device so you are limited to buying only two or three.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The xfinity "You can do better" ad is smug and rude. Who would actually say something like that to a stranger?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Boy howdy do I never want to hear Kevin Hart's voice again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've only seen the ad a couple of times but I already hate the new Popeye's commercial with "Tim from the other chicken chain" spying on Popeyes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've noticed a new trend on ads for crappy devices - they tell you that because of supply chain issues, they are halting manufacture of said device so you are limited to buying only two or three.

I've seen some ads on TV no less (although to be fair on deep cable channels where they struggle to sell high value ads) that said because of supply chain issues the product was being completely discontinued after the current manufacturing run.

It must be something that works because products do it all the time on Instagram level of ads but taking the theory to TV is interesting.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AxsXiADOks

Hey, BBC, get some new sponsors, I really love to hear this garbage twice in 10 minutes.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Rick posted:

I've seen some ads on TV no less (although to be fair on deep cable channels where they struggle to sell high value ads) that said because of supply chain issues the product was being completely discontinued after the current manufacturing run.

It must be something that works because products do it all the time on Instagram level of ads but taking the theory to TV is interesting.

I don't see how it's any different from previous approaches where they'd have a stock counter ticking down, or insisting that that this great price won't last beyind the ad.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Cyril Sneer posted:

I don't see how it's any different from previous approaches where they'd have a stock counter ticking down, or insisting that that this great price won't last beyind the ad.

QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED!!!!! (to the contents of a warehouse the size of Texas).

This offer is only available to THE FIRST 500 CALLERS!! (No matter when you call, you're one of the first 500, that was in the call script).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"No, dad, this new BMW that I'm leasing for $900/month is not yours."

Problem solved!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

More of a mild annoyance: Getting tired of seeing smug, oddly fit Santa shilling for Rakuten (whatever the hell that is).

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

More of a mild annoyance: Getting tired of seeing smug, oddly fit Santa shilling for Rakuten (whatever the hell that is).

There's also John Hamm as "smug, oddly fit Santa" shilling for the World Cup. At least those should go away soon.

Currently trying not to go insane because Hulu stopped working with my adblockers enabled.

Between that and live sports, the current theme seems to be "Horrible singing"

Looking at you: Burger King, KFC, Sonic, and Old Navy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Failson posted:

There's also John Hamm as "smug, oddly fit Santa" shilling for the World Cup. At least those should go away soon.

Currently trying not to go insane because Hulu stopped working with my adblockers enabled.

It's wild how half-assed that BK song is.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm lucky enough not to have heard the song (yet), but I'd bet it took multiple marketing majors and a focus group to come up with a song that sounded like it had been cobbled together in thirty seconds.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Failson posted:

These ad execs saw those God-awful Honda "Pamplemousses" ads from like...ten(?) years ago and figured they could do better/worse.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Henchman of Santa posted:

Been stuck in my head all day.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Been stuck in my head all day.

The cadence is infectious.

KFC has all my ire: "Crispy creemy plus there's graveeeey." In the whitest, whiniest voice possible.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Failson posted:

JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY
Sprite must have a make-good because that commercial is on during every break from law and order.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

These ad execs saw those God-awful Honda "Pamplemousses" ads from like...ten(?) years ago and figured they could do better/worse.

it was Hyundai and while the guy from that band ended up founding Patreon and got rich, he still deserves to be in The Hague for those ads

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY
Sprite must have a make-good because that commercial is on during every break from law and order.

ALRIIIIGHT, Alright, alright.

That commercial is harkening back to something and clearly the minute version of that ad makes more sense (and is still a mishmash of a lot of stuff) but that 15 second JOYJOYJOY clip is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sixt really knows what people need these days: making car rental exciting again.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 11, 2022