Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Ruff's also a garbage tier coach who was putting Bratt on the second powerplay in game 1 for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Still can’t believe Vanecek got $3.4M x 3 from NJ.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Mind_Taker posted:

Still can’t believe Vanecek got $3.4M x 3 from NJ.

Washington used to be the place to poach goalies from, GMs will keep going to that well forever even though it’s been poisoned for years

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Vanecek's career save % is 25 points higher than what the Devils got last season, it's not that surprising.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Vanecek's career save % is 25 points higher than what the Devils got last season, it's not that surprising.

I guess. Just surprised at how ~80 games of below average goaltending is enough to get a $10 million deal. Also in the context of the Kuemper deal it makes even less sense to me.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I think Georgiev is better than he'd been shown, but I was surprised by a 3 year/10m deal when he'd been at .900 for like his last 50 games.

I'm very glad to see it, but I think this is one of the worst times for goalies in a while. or maybe 2005-2020ish was a particularly good time.

some of it is rule changes, but it also seems to be a bigger focus on skill on both ends and yeah that there should be a few more #1 type guys out there.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1582021135427739648?t=YBSDR80y1O615qfBpSaxmA&s=19

Can rasmus be there permanently

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ginette Reno posted:

If the Devils are supposed to be good explain this analyticsailures

https://twitter.com/papiblez/status/1582044858176241671?s=20&t=mNZjmtxy55c9NfP5-aswbw

LOL the devils

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

But Ellis already has the permanent spot !

Also, I have never in my life heard of whomever that defenseman is.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

But Ellis already has the permanent spot !

Also, I have never in my life heard of whomever that defenseman is.

I think he may have been drafted by Chuck in Minnesota. He only played a few games for the Wild, and none memorably.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

All these defensemen on LTIR giving me flashbacks to seeing Mike Rathje's name around the Flyers for years

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ginette Reno posted:

If the Devils are supposed to be good explain this analyticsailures

https://twitter.com/papiblez/status/1582044858176241671?s=20&t=mNZjmtxy55c9NfP5-aswbw

Detroit's xGF% in the two games they've played are 79.8% against Montreal and 21.8% against New Jersey. Yeah, I guess that's about average.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Jhet posted:

I think he may have been drafted by Chuck in Minnesota. He only played a few games for the Wild, and none memorably.

This checks out with the players Chuck likes to recruit.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

This checks out with the players Chuck likes to recruit.

Yeah, there's a bunch of Wild washouts on the Flyers roster. Some had some upside, but most are at best plugs. The more concerning thing for me if I were a Flyers fan is he's gone for the excessively physically aggressive type instead of people who can play and move the puck. aka Nick Seeler.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/1582137377572589568?s=46&t=mEfGqZYTA3T8Q_c6Sb6Zqg

All I’m seeing is him improving every game :colbert:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

His xG based off of last nights game went from 8% expected goals for to 22%. Big improvement. Now don't look at the *other* 2 defensmen with 8% xGF last night.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I checked some numbers and before tonight's game, Kris Letang had 943 games played. The entirety of Montreal's defence for the game (Savard, Wideman, Guhle, Kovacevic, Xhekaj) has a collective 940 games of experience.

Letang alone had more experience than all of Montreal's defence, and Savard accounts for 70% of all of it.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I think it’s funny that they basically had to give up Bjorkstrand for free so they could fit in Gudbranson.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the Leafs losing to Arizona is so funny. I know they're all pros, and anything can happen, but it's still funny

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lol leafs

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the Leafs losing to Arizona is so funny

They haven’t beaten them at home in 20 years, according to the broadcast. Granted that’s not a lot of games but also they’ve been so bad it’s mind boggling to think

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/peteblackburn/status/1582184599114854400?s=46&t=kZDmoj6Ld84WdQwEquR70A

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

In non-Leafs news: I thought Thatcher Demko was supposed to be good, what’s up with that

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

In non-Leafs news: I thought Thatcher Demko was supposed to be good, what’s up with that

The whole team sucks so much right now it's impossible to quantify.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Rangers seem like a better team than last year but are iffy on some defense stuff that’s annoying and Igor isn’t quite saving them on every breakdown yet

Need to tighten up some of their back checking and tying up players in front

But the offense is exciting and kids look good

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

The whole team sucks so much right now it's impossible to quantify.

But they signed Ilya Mikheyev

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Miller 7x$8m starting next year lmao

Bring me Bedard. I've earned this.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens were real bad tonight, but at least they didnt lose at home to Arizona

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MononcQc posted:

I checked some numbers and before tonight's game, Kris Letang had 943 games played. The entirety of Montreal's defence for the game (Savard, Wideman, Guhle, Kovacevic, Xhekaj) has a collective 940 games of experience.

Letang alone had more experience than all of Montreal's defence, and Savard accounts for 70% of all of it.

Good news that Letang looked every bit of that 943 tonight and was real bad.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Habs need to hold on to Kaiden Guhle as if their lives depended on it. Kid's a gem.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

If they had also gone and fixed the defence getting him would have been fine, the forwards have as much problem playing D (and penalty killing) as the defence.

As a aside what’s the record for most number of multi goal leads to give up to start the season. It’s pretty wild.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

Miller 7x$8m starting next year lmao

Bring me Bedard. I've earned this.

On the bright side, they made history

https://twitter.com/snstats/status/1582185138586550272?s=46&t=TsCv_sKA8nU2-XVnfGsGtA

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

Rangers seem like a better team than last year but are iffy on some defense stuff that’s annoying and Igor isn’t quite saving them on every breakdown yet

Need to tighten up some of their back checking and tying up players in front

But the offense is exciting and kids look good

Downright electrifying in the offense zone and on the PP. But yeah giving 12 goals in 4 games is not great. If they can start playing more responsibly in their own zone- this team is going places.

Also I’m just so happy Kakko (and Laf) are holding down spots in the top-6 and thriving.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
What the gently caress, Vancouver. Was Tyler Myers really the one holding the team together?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's only 3 games, but the Stars might have figured out the idea of "offense" again

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
coyotes make their first pitch to auston matthews

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
https://twitter.com/harmandayal2/status/1582192725084246016?s=46&t=UXQbhEgVBhPd94CfsfL6kA

The Vancouver Canucks. Maybe management should have… traded out people?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Wippersnapper posted:

https://twitter.com/harmandayal2/status/1582192725084246016?s=46&t=UXQbhEgVBhPd94CfsfL6kA

They did. Dickenson, who is now on track for a a 246 point season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Wippersnapper posted:

3 games into the season lmao