Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh yeah the games that were great on the vita, boring rear end third person cinematic action games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

oh thank god a bunch of poo poo no one wannts to play!!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ExcessBLarg! posted:

There's a bunch of stuff on Steam that isn't on Switch or mobile. Notably Sony has been porting a decent number of games they publish for PlayStation (God of War, Spiderman, Uncharted), with day-one "verified for Deck" support. It's to the point where many consider the Deck to be the Vita's spiritual successor (much as the Switch was for indies).

But like games exclusive to just the Deck and not PCs? No, that's silly.

it can't be the Vitas spiritual successor because Sony is actually putting games on it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Console warriors are so dorky lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

it can't be the Vitas spiritual successor because Sony is actually putting games on it

It can't be the vitas spiritual successor because steam keeps banning hentai games

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It can't be the vitas spiritual successor because steam keeps banning hentai games

The Nintendo Switch just keeps winning

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mister Facetious posted:

The Nintendo Switch just keeps winning

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Hmm. Maybe I should buy a Steam Deck to play Trails 1 and 2 on the go. Or become fluent in Japanese. drat you game company.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

hadji murad posted:

Hmm. Maybe I should buy a Steam Deck to play Trails 1 and 2 on the go. Or become fluent in Japanese. drat you game company.

The moment you do they'll announce Switch ports, so please hurry up with your plan.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sadly Trails probably runs into the same issue CS 1&2 have, the people who own the existing English translation are not the people who currently own the western publishing rights. Possibly NISA could license the translation from Xseed but I didn't know how likely that would be.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SNES Picross isn’t as hard as you think if you allow yourself to rewind errors.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Sadly Trails probably runs into the same issue CS 1&2 have, the people who own the existing English translation are not the people who currently own the western publishing rights. Possibly NISA could license the translation from Xseed but I didn't know how likely that would be.

Japanese IP holders love sitting on IP no matter what the value is. Would be nice of something could be worked out though.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I wish Atlus would make a new Trauma Centre game

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

hadji murad posted:

Japanese IP holders love sitting on IP no matter what the value is. Would be nice of something could be worked out though.

That's every IP holder.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SuddenCactus posted:

I wish Atlus would make a new Trauma Centre game

I just want a PAL-region release of Trauma Team... :sigh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, after the announced lineup of N6R games comes out, what's left to release from that era that's likely to get released? Dk64 and Smash? Any other small time 3rd party stuff? I doubt many other Rare games will be offered, but I could be wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hybrid Heaven.....

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I want a new elite beat agents and I want it now

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ExcessBLarg! posted:

There's a bunch of stuff on Steam that isn't on Switch or mobile. Notably Sony has been porting a decent number of games they publish for PlayStation (God of War, Spiderman, Uncharted), with day-one "verified for Deck" support. It's to the point where many consider the Deck to be the Vita's spiritual successor (much as the Switch was for indies).

But like games exclusive to just the Deck and not PCs? No, that's silly.

The most likely Sony exclusive next for pc release is Returnal. Anyone in this thread who missed out on it should keep an eye out for the pc release. It's a fast paced, 3rd person shooter roguelike and a fantastic game, highly highly recommended. The action gets real intense.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Nier is good. Real good. Some blurry textures but nothing I can’t live with.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Has Bethesda patched the Anniversary update for Skyrim on Switch yet? Or is there still a literal hard crash whenever your character gets too cold in Survival?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, after the announced lineup of N6R games comes out, what's left to release from that era that's likely to get released? Dk64 and Smash? Any other small time 3rd party stuff? I doubt many other Rare games will be offered, but I could be wrong.

perfec t dark and harvest moon

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mischief Makers!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: sorry you said “likely” lol

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 18, 2022

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

hadji murad posted:

If you think you might have the mildest interest in a Deck I'd absolutely recommend getting one. It has all the benefits of the Switch with regard to low-pressure pick-up couch gaming sessions, but also access to a litany of PC ports that didn't make it to the Switch for whatever reason (including many JRPGS since Falcom has always been a PC developer and Square-Enix has really bumped up their PC focus). This is to say nothing about the emulation opportunities with it, which re-opens a whole crapton of past systems--specifically PS2, GameCube, Wii, etc.--and titles from that generation that can't or won't be ported to modern platforms.

There's a Deck thread. It can be a bit overwhelming with all the stuff people are doing with it. But you don't have to jump in the deep end either--you can certainly find something to play on it that interests you that works right out of the box.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is all I want.

The Bomberman games would be great additions.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goldeneye will complete my most wished-for N64 games but I'll still hold a tiny, optimistic torch for Mischief Makers.

Shake, shake!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Maybe Ogre Battle 64? It was on the wiiu eshop

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
cruis'n

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Has anyone played Cruisin' USA recently?
Aside from the bitchin sound track, the game really sucks, especially when you could play SF Rush instead.

Cruisin' Blast is good, however.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I want San Francisco Rush, Rush 2, and even Rush 2049 so bad.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I want Mischief Makers, Bangai O, the three Bomberman games, Castlevania 64, and Mystical Ninja. Nintendo could probably get the first two but the rest relies on Konami giving a poo poo so they’ll never happen

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Mystical Ninja and ISS98. Anything from when Konami had their proper logo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My pipe dream would be Space Station Silicone Valley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFA_auWj0rQ

The Level Select tune will be with me to my last breath, I loving swear... :shepface:

Maybe also Rocket: Robot on Wheels, and/or Buck Bumble.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

cohsae posted:

I want a new elite beat agents and I want it now

I'd play it

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ExcessBLarg! posted:

If you think you might have the mildest interest in a Deck I'd absolutely recommend getting one. It has all the benefits of the Switch with regard to low-pressure pick-up couch gaming sessions, but also access to a litany of PC ports that didn't make it to the Switch for whatever reason (including many JRPGS since Falcom has always been a PC developer and Square-Enix has really bumped up their PC focus). This is to say nothing about the emulation opportunities with it, which re-opens a whole crapton of past systems--specifically PS2, GameCube, Wii, etc.--and titles from that generation that can't or won't be ported to modern platforms.

There's a Deck thread. It can be a bit overwhelming with all the stuff people are doing with it. But you don't have to jump in the deep end either--you can certainly find something to play on it that interests you that works right out of the box.

I've gone back and forth on trying to get a Deck and I think if I get a raise this year I might just go "gently caress it" and get one. Treat myself. I have a lot of games on Steam that I just don't touch because they're not on the Switch. I can kind of get around it by running a cable from my computer to the couch, but some games lag like hell doing that (I'm looking at you, Persona 4!). So yeah I should probably get one. I'm pretty much the exact target audience for the thing...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm in Jacksonville on a work trip for ten days and my partner is back home in Ohio. Are there any <=$15 coop games that are recommended? She likes chill laid back games and we both have Stardew and Animal Crossing but I'm hoping for something a little more involved than those two

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Len posted:

I'm in Jacksonville on a work trip for ten days and my partner is back home in Ohio. Are there any <=$15 coop games that are recommended? She likes chill laid back games and we both have Stardew and Animal Crossing but I'm hoping for something a little more involved than those two

Just online? How do much do you consider punching people chill? I think they're 20 but Streets of Rage 4 and TMNT: Shredder's Revenge are a good time.

Check to see if Good Job! has online multiplayer or not, same with untitled goose game.

After that, if you both have Nintendo Online, run riot with SNES and 64 games of that nature. Take turns with 2D Mario or getting stars in 64 while spectating or something.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Super Mario 3D World

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Inzombiac posted:

Has anyone played Cruisin' USA recently?
Aside from the bitchin sound track, the game really sucks, especially when you could play SF Rush instead.

Cruisin' Blast is good, however.

It wasn't really good to begin with but I'd still put an hour or two into it. Getting Rush would be incredible, and Blast is in fact by far the best game in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Len posted:

Overcooked? I don't know what it costs, but it necessitates communication and yelling at loving each other