Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I loved the gag with the Giraffe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I look forward to the ending but after learning how the creators changed the plot. I can help but see the....cracks....plot threads that got retconed or reworked. Like what is the titan, how did the grave yard have a gate. how do all these things go to gether does luz have magic bi powers? What IS HOOTIE!

I also feel like this show and amphibia are doing some weird isekai stuff like normal person in magic world then part of show has the wierdos in normal world

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I mean, both shows have literally been an isekai story from the beginning and it’s a decades old concept (if not longer)

On another note, Camila on the Boiling Isles should be fun at least (plus we saw in the credits that Luz taught her about glyphs) and I look forward to seeing Luz’s two moms finally meet

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Larryb posted:

I mean, both shows have literally been an isekai story from the beginning and it’s a decades old concept (if not longer)

On another note, Camila on the Boiling Isles should be fun at least (plus we saw in the credits that Luz taught her about glyphs) and I look forward to seeing Luz’s two moms finally meet

Also Camilla's other child that she doesn't know about yet, Luz's little brother King. :3: I'm expecting to see the show ending with the families uniting in some way, the Nocedas and Clawthornes joining clans as Eda and Camilla help each other look after their 7 kids. i'll be kind and include the Collector, 8 kids

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Larryb posted:

Does A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court count as an Isekai?

edit: We're all forgetting the most important Isekai protagonist: Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, who was sent to us from Heaven.

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 17, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And even earlier than that there’s of course:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_Adventures_in_Wonderland

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ups_rail posted:

What IS HOOTIE!

:science: In Knock, knock, knockin' on Hooty's Door, we learn about the 3 B's, and Hooty identifies as a bug type!

:ohdear:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I'll counter with the Divine Comedy.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

They seem to be going all-in on Evelyn being a Clawthorne which is disappointing.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BioEnchanted posted:

Also Camilla's other child that she doesn't know about yet, Luz's little brother King. :3: I'm expecting to see the show ending with the families uniting in some way, the Nocedas and Clawthornes joining clans as Eda and Camilla help each other look after their 7 kids. i'll be kind and include the Collector, 8 kids

Probably five kids. Amity, Gus and Willow already have loving families.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

Probably five kids. Amity, Gus and Willow already have loving families.

Well, minus Odalia in Amity’s case

Madurai posted:

They seem to be going all-in on Evelyn being a Clawthorne which is disappointing.

What’s wrong with that out of curiosity? Her profile in Hollow Mind bore a strong resemblance to Eda’s, the Clawthornes have been established as being master palisman crafters, and Eda first found the portal door on her family’s property (also her dad bears a strong physical resemblance to Caleb now that I think about it)

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'll counter with the Divine Comedy.

As someone already mentioned technically you could call Jesus an isekai protagonist as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 17, 2022

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

What’s wrong with that out of curiosity? Her profile in Hollow Mind bore a strong resemblance to Eda’s, the Clawthornes have been established as being master palisman crafters, and Eda first found the portal door on her family’s property (also her dad bears a strong physical resemblance to Caleb now that I think about it)

It feels like a needless coincidence that makes the Boiling Isles feel smaller.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Well, minus Odalia in Amity’s case

As someone already mentioned technically you could call Jesus an isekai protagonist as well

He even returns to his own world after he dies.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/NicoleMay316/status/1578965303995772928

https://twitter.com/duolingo/status/1581437961979056128

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Finally gay owls

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tossing some red meat to the Duo/Hooty shippers might have been my favorite gag of the episode.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cattail Prophet posted:

Tossing some red meat to the Duo/Hooty shippers might have been my favorite gag of the episode.

That's actually a thing?

gently caress, I should know better, of course it's a thing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hooty's going to tell his life story on screen and it's going to make the Collector and Belos's faces melt off like in Raider of the Lost Ark.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of I’m curious how exactly they’re going to actually kill Belos now since the last time he got splattered he eventually managed to reconstruct himself from a single blob of goo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Speaking of I’m curious how exactly they’re going to actually kill Belos now since the last time he got splattered he eventually managed to reconstruct himself from a single blob of goo

liberal use of fire/acid/boiling venom I presume.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Larryb posted:

Hooty is going to eat him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah I assume he’ll either be defeated in a way that leaves nothing behind, have his magic drained somehow and nature will take its course from there, or he gets sealed away in some manner

Or maybe they can hand him over to the Collector as a new “playmate” with the caveat that the latter leaves the isles (though possessing the Collector may possibly be Belos’ new plan)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

liberal use of fire/acid/boiling venom I presume.

Yeah I was gonna say, get him down to goo and hit that poo poo with some Clorox

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I actually figured V had the best shot at it, and would have been earned, too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Madurai posted:

I actually figured V had the best shot at it, and would have been earned, too.

Well she did give it a good try at least. Kind of a pity she didn’t come along in retrospect, the ability to syphon magic seems like it could come in handy with the current situation.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 18, 2022

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vee and Camila were definitely the mvps of this episode in my opinion

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They're the real victims of this abridged s3

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

They're the real victims of this abridged s3

Regardless I still like how they developed the latter in this episode and hope this isn’t the last we see of the former barring some kind of epilogue during the finale (Vee deserves better than two episodes worth of focus and a few cameos)

Vee was apparently planned from the start however as evidenced by the letters on Camila’s nightstand at the end of Grom Fight so it’s possible she was originally going to have a much bigger role (in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the Day of Unity was originally going to involve the basilisks Belos had been cultivating seeing as we know the Collector was a late addition to the story)

Also I just realized, Vee and Luz never said a word to one another in this entire episode (it would have been nice if Amity and Camila got some bonding time in as well, girl needs a supportive mother figure)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 18, 2022

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm kind of hoping that in episode 2 they get to the Demon realm and the Owl House game is in full swing, with King having had to scramble to pull something together to entertain the Collector at first but now a few months in it's winding up to the final stages of a mysterious game that only the Boiling Isles are privvy to the rules to because they've been stuck playing it. Like Luz and co show up and King sends hooty with a rule book and instructions to split up to keep the teams even so that the game can complete unimpeded. At first King had to scramble as new situations arose and the Collector was like "OK, but what happens in THIS circumstance?" and now those gaps are all filled in and it's just a coherent game that the audience are never fully understanding of the rules of, so from our point of view it's a deranged mess but to the characters it makes total sense. Initially they were angry with King for roping them into this situation but now they've settled in and are just going for an ending to the game so things can go back to some semblance of order, and they have chilled out towards him because it was play this game or die from the draining spell.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, the iTunes description for Season 3 has a little extra detail:

In other words, Belos and the Collector may not be the only enemies the gang has to face here (I’m guessing the Titan Trappers will return since the Collector was allegedly involved with them and maybe Odalia and a few of the coven heads are still true believers as well).

Kikimora I’m not sure about since while she was done with Belos in the S2 finale we also saw earlier in the season that she will change her tune on a dime at the slightest chance of gaining power or status.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 19, 2022

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, the iTunes description for Season 3 has a little extra detail:

In other words, Belos and the Collector may not be the only enemies the gang has to face here (I’m guessing the Titan Trappers will return since the Collector was allegedly involved with them and maybe Odalia and a few of the coven heads are still true believers as well). Kikimora I’m not sure about since while she was done with Belos in the S2 finale we also saw earlier in the season that she will change her tune on a dime at the slightest chance of gaining power or status.

Kikimora is the Peanut Hamper of The Owl House.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Everyone posted:

Kikimora is the Peanut Hamper of The Owl House.

Peanut Hamper is stupid name!

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

One thing that caught my eye was the topper on the vial of Titan's blood. That was clearly owlbert, so was that put there by Eda? If so, how did she get Titan's blood? Why did she leave it there?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Ups_rail posted:

Peanut Hamper is stupid name!

It's a mathematically perfect stupid name!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My favorite thing that I almost didn't catch:

Note location of the tea part of the teabag. She's a great mom.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Camila is good and I look forward to seeing how she fares on the Boiling Isles (it’d be funny if she turned out to be a better glyph user than her daughter), plus she has a metal bat and potentially La Chancla on her side as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 19, 2022

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Beachcomber posted:

My favorite thing that I almost didn't catch:

Note location of the tea part of the teabag. She's a great mom.

I don’t get it

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Amity put the little dangly bit in the hot water and left the actual tea hanging over the side but Camilla is being polite and not saying anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

WaffleZombie posted:

One thing that caught my eye was the topper on the vial of Titan's blood. That was clearly owlbert, so was that put there by Eda? If so, how did she get Titan's blood? Why did she leave it there?

Those time pools are gonna be relevant again I bet