Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Audrey is the inevitability of death

Gravescreams was not a familial name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hempuli posted:

Scepter of Deaths: 19+

I think you mean "22+ (+3 Ivar)," sir.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Honestly seems like he could well have outrun her and escaped if he hadn't stopped every few seconds to use the sceptre, disorienting himself repeatedly until she caught up.

The whole thing with pulling plans out of a hat is kind of a funny one too given that she's much better at thinking on the fly than actual planning, but that plan does help anyway because it makes her mix up her tactics enough to thwart the sceptre's prescience. Kinda the old adage; plans are often useless, but planning is invaluable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/SarahCAndersen/status/1580204206887403521

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mzbundifund posted:

I don’t think he could have been living entire lives considering each simulation starts with Audrey 10 seconds away from catching him with a knife, and if he had found a way to escape her in the simulation he definitely would have done it in the real world.

Ok Ivar witnessing the inevitability of Audrey killing him again and again through untold number of panels/gem-touches as she zooms after him is perfectly acceptable

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
more than likely it was the same each touch, as there wasn't much room for alterations. just the same vision over and over

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There seems to be a weird addictiveness to the sceptre. Probably not out of any inherent quality but if you're the kind of person who can stand to use it more than once you probably get a morbid fascination with it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Yeah, the deaths of the ambassador and the witch are very satisfying.

also, down with Hitler.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

in before wizardmaster hitler comic dump

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

I'm surprised that Torgeir didn't get Snicker Snack Yoinked while Klara was using him as weapon

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Foxfire_ posted:

I'm surprised that Torgeir didn't get Snicker Snack Yoinked while Klara was using him as weapon

I think it doesn't work on living things which is why Snicker Snack Yoinker uses people with blades as limbs as her guards

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

This chapter of Witch Vasenka's War is more than twice as long than the usual, for some reason. I'm going to post it in slightly larger updates to cut down on time. Anyway, let's start off with some nice cheerful warcrimes.

Chapter 10: Beast's Forest

Huh, a new page already? I'm going to post some more Witch Vasenka's War.

Mostly I wanted to post this panel. "Lady, I believe that the world is secretly run by Jews and even I think that's a bit crazy".

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

A death sentence

Anti-Covid Battalion, move out!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mzbundifund posted:

I don’t think he could have been living entire lives considering each simulation starts with Audrey 10 seconds away from catching him with a knife, and if he had found a way to escape her in the simulation he definitely would have done it in the real world.
Technically those are still "entire lives". It's just that their entirety is rather short.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

absolute gamer move

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

On the bright side, nobody gonna care about the clogged toilet once the house burns down.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The Paloni Show! Halloween Special on Hulu (Justin Roiland presenting little Halloween shorts from a bunch of different animators) has a Megg, Mogg, & Owl segment (maybe mentioned in the thread already). Jon Glaser as Werewolf Jones is maybe the most perfect casting of all time.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Showdown 21

Showdown 22

Showdown 23

Showdown 24

Showdown 25

Talking character deaths: 54
Deaths altogether: 96+
Zoozo Zlen: 1
Impeachments: 1 (+1)

Regy Rusty posted:

I also appreciate your dramatic timing with the posts.
Glad to hear that! I'll probably be doing some shorter-but-more-frequent updates soon because there'll be a bunch of really fun stuff to savour. :haw:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think you mean "22+ (+3 Ivar)," sir.
Excellent point, fixed. I didn't even notice at first that Ivar touched the scepter again while running.

Back when this was being published, I made this campaign ad for Zoozo:

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Oct 19, 2022

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Cepelis tells of how, as a young man, he and the rest of the crew on his ship went to Mexico to drink ice cream with the aztecs and find a creepy stone mask! On the journey back, the captain puts on the mask and begins murdering the crew! Cepelis, the only survivor, leaps into the sea to escape, and the rising sun destroys the vampire! He reveals that the vampire captain was his father!

Read right to left:

It's Joe time!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol hell yes

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

C'mon lyndon, you know the scepter isn't killing people because you acquired it with pacifist magic, used it, and kept your spell.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Carthag Tuek posted:

I figure somebody would post that manga of Mein Kamf at least

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Maybe pacifist magic only checks to see if you killed a person in this universe.

And/or technically you're creating a universe and then when you die the simulation ends, which isn't you killing anyone so much as the scepter.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

was going to celebrate that this page didn't have any themed content but I guess we're not out of the woods

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Benagain posted:

Maybe pacifist magic only checks to see if you killed a person in this universe.

And/or technically you're creating a universe and then when you die the simulation ends, which isn't you killing anyone so much as the scepter.

Pacifist magic counts kills from other people, remember audrey killing that giraffe monster?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Pacifist magic counts kills from other people, remember audrey killing that giraffe monster?

Also the cold vacuum of space killing that leopard creature

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Tunicate posted:

C'mon lyndon, you know the scepter isn't killing people because you acquired it with pacifist magic, used it, and kept your spell.

I never even thought about that nice observation.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I thought he only lost his pacifist magic if one of his spells caused or enabled harm. Which is interpreted very broadly, but: I don't think he ever used a spell to touch the scepter or enable someone to touch the scepter, so I don't think his magic would associate itself with the scepter deaths.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
You could argue that the scepter is actually creating lives, and Lyndon is therefore morally obligated to touch it over and over as often as possible.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ditocoaf posted:

I thought he only lost his pacifist magic if one of his spells caused or enabled harm. Which is interpreted very broadly, but: I don't think he ever used a spell to touch the scepter or enable someone to touch the scepter, so I don't think his magic would associate itself with the scepter deaths.
Never thought of it this way before but snicker snack yoink is an extremely safe spell then, because interpreting the rule at its most restrictive, you could yoink any weapon and then just kill them with the weapon, since the spell wasn't the direct cause of death.

rollick posted:

You could argue that the trolley sceptre is actually creating lives, and Lyndon is therefore morally obligated to touch it over and over as often as possible.
:hmmyes: the scepter is a masturbation metaphor. Touch it and you can cause as many little deaths as you like

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON BACK

we're in the talky part

so kinda weird thing: this page mentions a "mr." nook, but as we'll soonish find out it's actually a "ms." "Knook" (this is not my interpretation of the character, every mention of nook/Knook after this page is she/her)

(also im pretty sure they spell cranny's name crannie though that's more minor a change)

CrocodileKingSaysNO has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Oct 18, 2022

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Source

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Carthag Tuek posted:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ultrafilter posted:

A masterpiece
God drat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:neckbeard:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Zeniel posted:

I figure somebody would post that manga of Mein Kamf at least

Posting hitler-sempai manga?

That's a paddlin'.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
I'm so glad Columbo is appearing in so many cross-franchise things these days.

Not a comic, but that Death Note one was great, too

https://twitter.com/GetGianni/status/1463598506371948544

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Someone should post that old wizard Hitler vs sorcerer Stalin comic, I'm on my phone.

Edit: with guest appearance by Obi-wan Lenin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean posted:

The Unwomanly Face of War

Chapter 2 Part 2