Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Not the most appetizing photo, but this looks like chilaquiles which is a delicious breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Shooting Blanks posted:

Not the most appetizing photo, but this looks like chilaquiles which is a delicious breakfast.

it was from a very white looking fish taco place in west virginia, that was nachos

(this is not nachos and is from some place in Idaho)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
all my meals have a satin finish

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it was from a very white looking fish taco place in west virginia, that was nachos

(this is not nachos and is from some place in Idaho)

Oh, I love apple frittaaaaAAAAAAAAAA

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:nms:

https://i.imgur.com/gpW56n2.mp4

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

LAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcniyQYFU6M

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/X41jype.mp4

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

LifeSunDeath posted:

all my meals have a satin finish
Semi gloss, extra gross

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
I had a such visceral rejection of this I actually still want to throw up two minutes later.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The orange bun is alright, but I miss the days of the black bun that would spookily turn your poop green

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
That Ghost Pepper Whopper is less spicy than if they had just put some jalapeños on the thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PringleCreamEgg posted:

That Ghost Pepper Whopper is less spicy than if they had just put some jalapeños on the thing.

Yeah, but it's about as spicy as you can expect from a mass produced burger for consumption by the general American public, and I liked the queso sauce, but would have preferred everything to be a bit more evenly distributed.

B+, would eat again

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Realized I had all the components, so here I am, an American, trying "fairy bread" for the first time.

Honestly not bad, but very weird.

Edit: wait, it's the other kind of sprinkle? Well I've got those too, I'll do that next time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Brawnfire posted:

Realized I had all the components, so here I am, an American, trying "fairy bread" for the first time.

Edit: wait, it's the other kind of sprinkle? Well I've got those too, I'll do that next time.

Diabeetus.jpg

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Spook my mouthole

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ive never had it but i love cinnamon toast and fairy bread just seems inferior to that

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Brawnfire posted:

I've heard of this but thought it was mostly a meme. What's the topping other than sprinkles - butter? It seems like something I might have loved at the age of 5 but seems sickly, nastily sweet now at 38.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This is circling back a few pages but my Uncle very excitedly ordered "meatloaf" in a local Austrian restaurant we went to years ago and got this. I've never seen anybody in my life look more loving depressed than him when it arrived at the table lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I've heard of this but thought it was mostly a meme. What's the topping other than sprinkles - butter? It seems like something I might have loved at the age of 5 but seems sickly, nastily sweet now at 38.

Yeah, butter and sprinkles. It's apparently supposed to be hundreds and thousands, not the sort I used, I think I mixed it up with hagelslag in my head.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah, butter and sprinkles. It's apparently supposed to be hundreds and thousands, not the sort I used, I think I mixed it up with hagelslag in my head.
I was worried about the outside chance that it was frosting, and I'm not sure if that would be butter or worse.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's more wax than sugar.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

it’s for five year olds, so you’ve cracked the code.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Zero_Grade posted:

I was worried about the outside chance that it was frosting, and I'm not sure if that would be butter or worse.

do you not have iced buns in yankeeland?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

do you not have iced buns in yankeeland?

Actually, not really. That kind of icing I've seen on cinnamon buns and hot cross buns, but I personally haven't seen much that looks like it normally

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well bread with icing on it isn't particularly odd, traditionally it is a way to make use of slightly stale bread, but it is much nicer with fresh buns.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Well bread with icing on it isn't particularly odd, traditionally it is a way to make use of slightly stale bread, but it is much nicer with fresh buns.

It does sound nice. Also like the sort of thing Paul Hollywood would be making on-the-nose jokes about throughout a Bake-off episode.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's just chewy and sweet yeah, there's no reason why you have to limit it to cake or fancy frenchie pastry.

There is a bakery in whitby that makes a locally famous version with currants in and lemon flavouring in the icing.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Fairy bread should be made with the whitest, most nutritionally devoid bread available. The kind which is 60% air. Butter. Hundreds and thousands. Accompanied by home brand lemonade, chocolate crackles, lolly snakes and coloured popcorn.

You’re 5 years old, it’s your cousin's birthday party, and someone's about to get too excited and vomit all over the lounge room.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Creature posted:

Fairy bread should be made with the whitest, most nutritionally devoid bread available. The kind which is 60% air. Butter. Hundreds and thousands. Accompanied by home brand lemonade, chocolate crackles, lolly snakes and coloured popcorn.

You’re 5 years old, it’s your cousin's birthday party, and someone's about to get too excited and vomit all over the lounge room.

This is how I remember fairy bread.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I've never had the misfortune of eating it, but fairy bread sounds to me like just eating sugar out of the bag with extra steps.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mymla posted:

I've never had the misfortune of eating it, but fairy bread sounds to me like just eating sugar out of the bag with extra steps.

Yes, something a child would do
It's a party food for children

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
honestly id imagine the butter/sugar/cinnamon bread is better

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

This is correct.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
pop tarts exist and are like cocaine to chewing coca leaves of that primitive concoction. the future is now old man.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Personally I'm looking to settle somewhere around the crack rock of breakfast carbs

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Personally I'm looking to settle somewhere around the crack rock of breakfast carbs

oatmeal is like crack in this case

poptarts are like fentanyl

the weed of breakfast carbs is probably steel cut oats

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Granola is that dispensary weed that is always really good but costs too loving much, and you're always vaguely concerned there's secret additives

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I was in the spice aisle recently and this couple spent several minutes looking everywhere for a thing of cinnamon sugar, they kept talking about it and saying how they knew it had to be there and how much they wanted or needed it or whatever. I don't remember if they ever found it or if I left before they did, but I was biting my tongue the entire time not to just tell them the secret recipe to make your own cinnamon sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ror posted:

I was in the spice aisle recently and this couple spent several minutes looking everywhere for a thing of cinnamon sugar, they kept talking about it and saying how they knew it had to be there and how much they wanted or needed it or whatever. I don't remember if they ever found it or if I left before they did, but I was biting my tongue the entire time not to just tell them the secret recipe to make your own cinnamon sugar.

"Check it out, guys! This motherfucker thinks he knows the Cinnamon Ratio! Go on, what were you saying?"