Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Cleaning out my screenshots folder I forgot I took one at the perfect time after a mutant charged me through a spawn door, into the spawn cabinet, and then out of the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't begrudge the invert y people their control schema but i know at least one person who demands *invert x* in his videogames and that is truly terrifying

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Magitek posted:

I’m sorry, which app? I tried a couple and neither were functional for me. If there’s a 3rd party workaround I’d be very happy.

Edmond Dantes posted:

For the old fucks like myself who grew up using inverted mouselook and now can't play normal, I found this on the official forums:

quote:

download: https://github.com/a1xd/rawaccel/releases/download/v1.4.4/RawAccel_v1.4.4.zip
Extract it and install using the installer
Restart your pc (Important)
Download https://github.com/oleg-st/InvertMouse/releases/download/1.0.1/InvertMouse.zip
Extract it and run InvertMouse

I've been using it and it works, it just gets weird if you alt-tab or bring up the ping menu because InvertMouse works on the mouse cursor being hidden, and it takes it a second to revert back. Also, there's newer versions of both programs but I couldn't make it work with the newer versions (even if InvertMouse explicitely says it works with 1.6.0 of RawAccel), so I recommend using those links.

/edit: Having said that this mostly works, this poo poo better have invert mouse and sensitivity settings at launch.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

/edit: Having said that this mostly works, this poo poo better have invert mouse and sensitivity settings at launch.

Thanks again for sharing this. It made my second play session so much better and convinced me to buy it at launch barring any major disasters!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

in His boundless wisdom and magnanimity the Emperor has gifted you all an opportunity to learn how to use a mouse properly, and you spit in His face

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

It's a satire on the way real schools used to beat left-handedness out of children.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Wheeee posted:

in His boundless wisdom and magnanimity the Emperor has gifted you all an opportunity to learn how to use a mouse properly, and you spit in His face

I'll look the Emperor straight at his feet while trying to look him in the eye and moonwalk into the Warp before I learn to play without inverted Y axis.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'll look the Emperor straight at his feet while trying to look him in the eye and moonwalk into the Warp before I learn to play without inverted Y axis.

And this began the Great Mouse Heresy of the 42nd Millennium. Untold billions died for this post.

Edit: The Something Awful Forums > Games > Warhammer 40k: Darktide - The Great Mouse Heresy

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 18, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Let us unite and focus on our true enemy

Trackball users

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
User settings are like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fishstick posted:

Trackball users

Let me tell you about the time I was part of an Overwatch team that had a lucio player using a trackball.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

dogstile posted:

Let me tell you about the time I was part of an Overwatch team that had a lucio player using a trackball.

Now I'm trying to remember, but I think you played Rein and had the little cute mammals whose name escapes me?

Something something Darktide.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Senethro posted:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I really want to know if the Ogyrn is going to get a big meaty 2-handed blunt weapon. I've been going back and forth on whether to start with Ogryn or Zealot, but that thunder hammer is hard to pass up.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I absolutely want the Ogyrn to get something like a chunk of rebar on a steel stick for a hammer or something.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Internet Explorer posted:

I really want to know if the Ogyrn is going to get a big meaty 2-handed blunt weapon. I've been going back and forth on whether to start with Ogryn or Zealot, but that thunder hammer is hard to pass up.

During the beta the in game dialog referenced something called "grenade fists" at character creation for the ogryn. Someone up thread mentioned power claws. I have to imagine they get a Warhammer or like a 2 handed chain great axe.

Comedy option is they get the rebar and concrete hammer the ogryn smasher enemy has.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The Ogryn grenadier gauntlet, in tabletop, is essentially an arm-mounted grenade launcher that sprays frag grenades. Not sure how that will translate to Darktide but I imagine its alt-fire will just be a massive punch the way other guns have bayonets.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I saw a youtube video with a four Ogryn team. It seemed strong until they met an Ogryn Smasher, and it took the entire team twenty five seconds of focusing it to kill it. Role difference in Darktide is real, it's not just choosing a weapon and appearance.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Senethro posted:

mods do the needful

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
The most successful pubbie squad I experienced was all Vets who knew how to use their specials.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
In the 'ol Only War tabletop RPG, Ogryns could utilize some heavy weapons such as autocannons and heavy stubbers, as they were considered simple and durable enough for the big lunks to use.

Personally I want to see a makeshift ballistic hammer comprised of a repurposed tank turret with a round still chambered

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Am I crazy or was I hearing the imperial guardsman voice from Dawn of war? It sounded like some of the enemies had that voice.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

I saw a youtube video with a four Ogryn team. It seemed strong until they met an Ogryn Smasher, and it took the entire team twenty five seconds of focusing it to kill it. Role difference in Darktide is real, it's not just choosing a weapon and appearance.

Did they do the sensible thing and quadruple bonk him with the grenade box?

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Am I crazy or was I hearing the imperial guardsman voice from Dawn of war? It sounded like some of the enemies had that voice.

I think I heard Total War's Grimgor as the violent Ogryn, and maybe Orion as Judge Zealot?

The Warhammer franchise is a vital organ of the British voiceacting industry.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

PantsOptional posted:

The Ogryn grenadier gauntlet, in tabletop, is essentially an arm-mounted grenade launcher that sprays frag grenades. Not sure how that will translate to Darktide but I imagine its alt-fire will just be a massive punch the way other guns have bayonets.
Aren't Ripperguns designed to be used as clubs because a lot of Ogryns can't quite wrap their heads around the idea of reloading? The pro-tier move would have been to make every Ogryn ranged weapon also a melee weapon.

edit: bonus points for an "it's also a hammer" voice line

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

DeathSandwich posted:

And this began the Great Mouse Heresy of the 42nd Millennium. Untold billions died for this post.

Edit: The Something Awful Forums > Games > Warhammer 40k: Darktide - The Great Mouse Heresy

Horus wielding an antique joystick with IOIOI ports, Sanguinius lying dead at his feet

The Emperor of Mankind draws His multi-button RAZER Basilisk Ultimate, ablaze in RGB brilliance, a single tear running down His face as He knows that His most favored son is at long last beyond salvation

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Left 40,000 Dead is fun and I hope they do another beta weekend or five before it comes out.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Someone online was describing the auto-gun as a godlike weapon did any of you find it and try it?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Fishstick posted:

Trackball users

I had a roommate that played MOBAs with a trackball. He scared me.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Someone online was describing the auto-gun as a godlike weapon did any of you find it and try it?

I did not like it, but then I played psyker so who knows maybe the veteran can make it sing.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah I might do the Gamepass version first just to see how launch performance is, but any serious play would probably be on Steam since that will almost definitely have the longer lifespan
I know the bulk of the population will be on Steam. It sucks poo poo that there's no crossplay in year 2022. It seems like only giants like Fortnite can force crossplay on every platform. Most of the other games get walled off. Fatshark isn't even doing crossplay between PC Gamepass and PC Steam let alone PC and console.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

I had two autoguns, one with a mag of 29 and the other with a mag of 18 (much too small). Max ammo was about 6x of a single mag, so it turns out thats really important. Not sure if this was weapon stats or different models of autogun.

It was awkward to use as it needed cocking on every weapon switch, and had huge recoil by the 3rd shot in a burst. Well worth it though as the damage was good and it felt like it had a degree of armor piercing I'd not seen in other ranged weapons.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I got to try it in the technical test, where it really was very good. About as accurate as the lasgun with short bursts, and if you can control the recoil you can really dump damage into specials even faster than with the lasgun. Plus of course very solid horde clearing capability. Though it did have the downside that it runs out of ammo pretty much instantly.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I did not like the autogun on Psyker. I don't know if it was a framerate issue or what, but gun recoil was not consistent for me - sometimes it would be fine, sometimes go completely bonkers and point me practically at the ceiling, so a gun that relies on sustained accuracy was a non-starter.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The harder hitting autogun was fine as a Vet but I super didn't like the SMG style one.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The faster-firing autogun seemed to work best as a midrange suppression/flinch tool; On difficulty 3 I would hip-fire it at groups while closing into melee for good effect. You could stunlock tougher enemies to death by magdumping headshots in ADS but you'd chew through ammo doing so.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I know the bulk of the population will be on Steam. It sucks poo poo that there's no crossplay in year 2022. It seems like only giants like Fortnite can force crossplay on every platform. Most of the other games get walled off. Fatshark isn't even doing crossplay between PC Gamepass and PC Steam let alone PC and console.

Crossplay between steam and gamepass seems to be harder than you'd think. Quite a few games don't support it.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Thirsty Dog posted:

Crossplay between steam and gamepass seems to be harder than you'd think. Quite a few games don't support it.

I wonder if that's really a large technical hurdle or something on the business side of things, though.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Senethro posted:

I think I heard Total War's Grimgor as the violent Ogryn, and maybe Orion as Judge Zealot?

The Warhammer franchise is a vital organ of the British voiceacting industry.

I heard a bunch of skaven VA's from warhammer and cant recall which of the ogyrn voices it was but is greasus goldtooth also from warhammer total war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah there's two variants, one with slower ROF and smaller mag but presumably more damage, and the other with opposite traits. The faster-shooting one feels a lot better, but that said both suffer from terrible ironsights.