Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I was gonna suggest DoorDash for Consenting Adults but thats literally Tinder (an app I will never use)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

The first rule of sex credits is you do not talk about sex credits.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We were taught wrong, on purpose, as a joke.

This bolded part is the only part that's true in this discussion. Everyone has to figure this difficult poo poo out because of the bolded, so it's stupid to say one group is generally superior at interpersonal reflection than another. The sad fact is it seems mostly nobody actually figures this poo poo out, because I've seen plenty of self proclaimed anecdotal stories from all sorts of camps about how the others are just getting it wrong in some way, and then upon closer inspection it's just pots calling kettles black.

The fact is you're all idiots. I am too. Nobody knows poo poo to be frank.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Rehumanize yourself and face the fun shed.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Business Gorillas posted:

I was gonna suggest DoorDash for Consenting Adults but thats literally Tinder (an app I will never use)

Gross, my delivery person already ate some on the way over

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The Demilich posted:

This bolded part is the only part that's true in this discussion. Everyone has to figure this difficult poo poo out because of the bolded, so it's stupid to say one group is generally superior at interpersonal reflection than another. The sad fact is it seems mostly nobody actually figures this poo poo out, because I've seen plenty of self proclaimed anecdotal stories from all sorts of camps about how the others are just getting it wrong in some way, and then upon closer inspection it's just pots calling kettles black.

most queer people have already done a lot of figuring poo poo out and unlearning poo poo, because we have to to figure out who we are. like it's not inherent but it's generally a prerequisite

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The Demilich posted:

The fact is you're all idiots.

Probably.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Demilich posted:

drat idk why this made me laugh so hard but good job

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Slys hands look huge

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Is it out of your system yet or do we have to put up with hex, Mex, Tex, lexx, and dex "jokes" too?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
We have to, I'm afraid.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i think we can keep it going.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The Demilich posted:

I figured it out. Abandon all your time currently spent getting "poussey" or "dunk" and channel it into the one true art: posting

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Demilich posted:

change my name posted:

Gross, my delivery person already ate some on the way over

lol

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

The Demilich posted:

:hellyeah:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
*studying a skull* the heterosexual brainpan clearly shows a marked size decrease in what I call the polycule processing lobe.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The Demilich posted:

Lol just lol if you think heteros don't have a disadvantage. Maybe once we make coming out as cishet the norm in 2026 things will change only one way to find out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1582486016006291456?s=46&t=Ag9o0zi2PmEdgTmTqGeq8A

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Perhaps it's not a gender issue but in fact the gross excess of capitalism is to blame.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the aristocrats!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Perhaps it's not a gender issue but in fact the gross excess of capitalism is to blame.

But it's clearly a Russian store. They don't have genders in Russia.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1582023948279369728?cxt=HHwWgMDS9cSZvfQrAAAA

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Paladinus posted:

But it's clearly a Russian store. They don't have genders in Russia.

nor pronouns, let's all move there

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1581697163297689600?cxt=HHwWgMDQiZPMqPMrAAAA

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hello

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Bird of the Year is serious business around these parts. The point is to raise awareness about native birds. Everyone and their dog knows about kakapo, since they have been the focus of a huge conservation campaign for longer than I have been alive and one of them tried to gently caress Stephen Fry.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

LastInLine posted:

Sounds like you've put enough thought into it because you're exactly right.

The difference is that things are far more broken now than they were in the 90s (actually we have an exact inflection point, September 11, 2001) and that everyone of all political stripes understands that there is not anyone at the wheel. You are correct that every generation comes to a moment when they see the problems of their day and seek to address them, but the key change is that fewer and fewer people are able to convince themselves that any institution has legitimacy (i.e. the power and will to do anything and can be addressed by "the people"). This is due to the epistemological crisis which is a natural outcome of collapse.

At this point I don't really see a way it can come back together. The last time there was widespread agreement on the path forward was Obama and once that was a total failure, everyone (rightly) understood that there isn't a solution our political process can offer that will bring us all forward together and that building projects to exclude the other half is the only way any kind of change can be made.

:nsa:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

drake no:

drake yes:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

i voted for 5 ducks (ranked choice, better electoral system than amerikkka)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

exmarx posted:

i voted for 5 ducks (ranked choice, better electoral system than amerikkka)

Typical liberal voting for vermin. Read your mao and gently caress all birds

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

🚫🐦🦢🦚🦜🐓🐔🐣🐤🦉🐥🐦🐧🕊️🦃🦅🦆🚫 👎🙅‍♂️🙅🙅‍♀️

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

can't gently caress birds if birds aren't real :thunk:

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://twitter.com/simplescotus/status/1582413979896320001?s=46&t=SHeiJ8sgctElL8V7yYxKEw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

exmachina posted:

Bird of the Year is serious business around these parts. The point is to raise awareness about native birds. Everyone and their dog knows about kakapo, since they have been the focus of a huge conservation campaign for longer than I have been alive and one of them tried to gently caress Stephen Fry.

Stephen fry has no interest in birds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

exmachina posted:

lol the screenshot isn't mine so i was assuming it involved specific, individual animals

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ez

tiny-rear end passerines are the best birds in your dumb hemisphere which is sorely lacking in birds that fly like bugs

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

this is a world worth fighting for, and the ache of the nostalgia we feel for this time is the call home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Delthalaz posted:

this is a world worth fighting for, and the ache of the nostalgia we feel for this time is the call home

did the guy on the far right lose a bet or something? looks like he got part of his head shaved