Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I just hope Rulk does have a mustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

The team wasn’t named after him in the books, it doesn’t NEED to be in the films.

They debuted in a Hulk issue though, the name was definitely played as a possibility in some of the advertising.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Red Hulk better have a thick bitch of a moustache. Sad lack of non-goatee facial hair in the MCU.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Rulk just needs to be a giant, sentient mustache.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thunderbolts taking the nickname of an actual character would be better than whatever poor excuse of a slogan "Justice, Like Lightning!" is supposed to be.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Red Hulk better have a thick bitch of a moustache. Sad lack of non-goatee facial hair in the MCU.

I want them to go all in and just use Maverick

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lobok posted:

Thunderbolts taking the nickname of an actual character would be better than whatever poor excuse of a slogan "Justice, Like Lightning!" is supposed to be.

Yeah especially in the MCU. Ross has been the stand in for government control of superpowers since the start so it makes a lot of sense for him to be the founder or figurehead of the Thunderbolt beyond just the name.

I’m indifferent to the recasting. I assume they have an idea for the character they don’t want to let go of or else they wouldn’t bother. But he was never a fully formed enough character for me to feel weird about the second or third guy playing the mustache.

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007

Lobok posted:

It's a quote. "Justice, like lightning, ever should appear/to few men's ruin but to all men's fear." The play it comes from, Swetnam the Woman Hater, is from 1620, and the author is unknown, although there is apparently speculation it was written by Thomas Randolph.

Zemo chose the slogan (and I think the name of the team) as a veiled reference to the Blitzkrieg, because like all evil masterminds he can't help but drop clues for the good guys.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

jwalrus posted:

It's a quote. "Justice, like lightning, ever should appear/to few men's ruin but to all men's fear." The play it comes from, Swetnam the Woman Hater, is from 1620, and the author is unknown, although there is apparently speculation it was written by Thomas Randolph.

Zemo chose the slogan (and I think the name of the team) as a veiled reference to the Blitzkrieg, because like all evil masterminds he can't help but drop clues for the good guys.

The full quote is very cool, thank you. I didn't know. But I only ever saw it on the cover as just the first three words and it sounded like they were dishing out justice very quickly. Or never in the same place twice?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
edit2: I think I'm just plain wrong

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 18, 2022

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

jwalrus posted:

And Busiek got it from an old issue of Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
All the people who guess that the twist of every show will be Mephisto may finally get it right.

https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1582486869274673152

"Spider-Man, I'll bring Aunt May back to life for... YOUR WIFE."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HINT HINT WINK WINK

but yeah, they didn't say it but they say it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mephisto reportedly being the villain... in Ironheart? Is there any history there?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

Mephisto reportedly being the villain... in Ironheart? Is there any history there?

The Hood is the villain. In the comics The Hood gets his powers from Dormammu so I guess he'll fill that role.

Cohen is actually a pretty off the wall but inspired pick for Mephisto honestly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The closest I think Mephisto and Riri has come is during Infamous Iron Man when Riri chased after Victor for a while bit Victor was being tormented by Mephisto.

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

And Busiek got it from an old issue of Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!)

That'd be Mar-Vell, not Shazam. Thomas's run on Shazam was in the 80s; the reference in question is from Captain Marvel #21 in 1970. Bruce Banner quotes it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

All the people who guess that the twist of every show will be Mephisto may finally get it right.

I hope he hams it up a lot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jwalrus posted:

It's also been used for Black Lightning and the JSA of all things as well. (Although I think both instances were after Busiek used it in Thunderbolts)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I hope he plays it exactly like his character from Talladega Nights

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

jwalrus posted:

That'd be Mar-Vell, not Shazam. Thomas's run on Shazam was in the 80s; the reference in question is from Captain Marvel #21 in 1970. Bruce Banner quotes it.

That’s wild. I just assumed it was Shazam because lightning.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Could be EXTREMELY good, could be extremely bad. There is no middle ground.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Could be EXTREMELY good, could be extremely bad. There is no middle ground.

Has he ever turned in a bad performance in a movie? I think in everything I've seen him in, he's been really good.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1582573501600317441

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
If they get anything more than bench probation I’ll be shocked

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Got them again: Flash

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Felony burglary is a bullshit crime. It means they basically drove to the store with someone else and the other person did the burglary, whether they had knowledge that was going to happen or not.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Felony burglary is a bullshit crime. It means they basically drove to the store with someone else and the other person did the burglary, whether they had knowledge that was going to happen or not.

No it's not. https://www.mylawquestions.com/what-is-felony-burglary.htm

You're thinking of the "felony murder rule", which is something completely different. Felony burglary is exactly what it sounds like. Burglary that is classed as a felony.

There is no way Miller will get anything close to 26 years though.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 19, 2022

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
though if they does, I wonder how DC will do that Flash Sequel they have green lit.

Anora fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 21, 2022

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The only Mephisto adaptation I wanna see is the story where he sincerely tries to woo Magma and takes her out on some dates while the rest of the gang are all “DON’T SIGN/AGREE ANYTHING!”

:colbert:

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Anora posted:

though if he does, I wonder how DC will do that Flash Sequel they have green lit.

*they

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The Twitter post is being a little misleading with the headline. Vermont criminal law sets caps on criminal sentences, but not necessarily minimums.

For burglary for example, the law is written as "someone convicted of burglary shall serve no more than 25 years in prison or $250,000 in fines."

That doesn't mean that most people who are convicted serve 25 years. It's also totally possible to end up with a sentence of one year at level 5 (prison) deferred for probation for one year and have them serve no jail time.

Ezra will never be sentenced to even 1/10th of the 25 year maximum. I would be shocked if they got any time at all.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pretty much any headline about sentencing uses the maximum to be sensationalist.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1582741040800624641?t=BSt8fIrQHDzDYbnkMsgLvw&s=19

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Anora posted:

though if he does, I wonder how DC will do that Flash Sequel they have green lit.

Movie ends in flashpoint. Suddenly the flash is played by another person. The movie itself is giving DC the way to recast Miller.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Anora posted:

Wally West replaces Barry Allen.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Madkal posted:

Wally West replaces Barry Allen.

Over Geoff Johns' dead body. It'll be a Barry Allen from another universe who turns out to be the true Barry Allen after, I don't know, the Reverse Flash switched the Barrys at birth or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

At long last the return of Buried Alien

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Turns out Ezra's character was Thwane all along and has Barry locked in a closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Opopanax posted:

Turns out Ezra's character was Thwane all along and has Barry locked in a closet.
Honestly, if they did that as a villian reveal with Grant Gustin coming in to punch him out, that would own pretty hard.