Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

remember when John Lewis died and Bill Clinton used his funeral as a chance to gloat about how Kwame Ture/Stokely Carmichael was forced out of his leadership position in the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

remember when John Lewis died and Bill Clinton used his funeral as a chance to gloat about how Kwame Ture/Stokely Carmichael was forced out of his leadership position in the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee

Was that the same funeral where he thanked Jim Cluburn for getting Biden to win the Primaries w a “stroke of a pen “?

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Was that the same funeral where he thanked Jim Cluburn for getting Biden to win the Primaries w a “stroke of a pen “?

i think so, damned if I'm going to look it up though

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It was the same funeral where Bill couldn't stop staring at Ariana Grande's rear end, with his mouth hanging open, and then the bishop groped her.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Animal-Mother posted:

It was the same funeral where Bill couldn't stop staring at Ariana Grande's rear end, with his mouth hanging open, and then the bishop groped her.

That's a hell of an act, what do you call it?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lib and let die posted:

That's a hell of an act, what do you call it?

The DemAristocrats!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

oh hey that grave is like 15 minutes from me

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
are masoleums passe or something?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

are masoleums passe or something?

nah but it looks like that grave is pretty pissy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

nah but it looks like that grave is pretty pissy

Lol I thought it was cgi diarrhea splatter or something

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Find yourself a partner who loves you as much as Kavanaugh loves beer.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

This isn’t something I remember :catstare:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

mawarannahr posted:

This isn’t something I remember :catstare:
Hillary tried to warn you about the white moderate, and you didn't listen. :ohdear:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

still can’t get over how kavanaugh is like 6-7 figures in debt due to “””””baseball tickets”””””

and no one cares! if you just wait out a news cycle or two you can get away with anything!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

still can’t get over how kavanaugh is like 6-7 figures in debt due to “””””baseball tickets”””””

and no one cares! if you just wait out a news cycle or two you can get away with anything!

remember: if you never say "i'm sorry," you can't get in trouble.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

remember: if you never say "i'm sorry," you can't get in trouble.

The trick there being that the media stopped reporting things as facts (if they even ever did I dunno) and will instead report "some people (experts, watchdogs, anyone with half a brain) say x while others (literally just you and those who stand to directly gain) say y".

So everything is uncertain. Unless you admit it, which apologizing is the strongest form of. Then you did bad thing which means you are bad which means you are also Hitler.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
some experts say a hurricane has devastated new orleans, but the white house press secretary says everything is fine so clearly the facts remain in doubt

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

The trick there being that the media stopped reporting things as facts (if they even ever did I dunno) and will instead report "some people (experts, watchdogs, anyone with half a brain) say x while others (literally just you and those who stand to directly gain) say y".

So everything is uncertain. Unless you admit it, which apologizing is the strongest form of. Then you did bad thing which means you are bad which means you are also Hitler.

exactly, the only correct circumstances to admit you did something is in the hypothetical, e.g. "If I did do that, it wouldn't be at all like you said,"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
trump saying he would pull out better in afghanistan than biden is one of those perfect trumps because theres no way to prove him wrong

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

literally campaigned for Goldwater

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

exactly, the only correct circumstances to admit you did something is in the hypothetical, e.g. "If I did do that, it wouldn't be at all like you said,"

The old George Costanza move. "Was that wrong? Because if that was wrong... Then I apologize."

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

does anyone have a link to the clip of joe Biden telling Stacey abrams she wasn’t going to be his running mate on live tv? I can’t find it on YouTube

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904146

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Wait who is she fathomably talking about here?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Wait who is she fathomably talking about here?
bernie

manchin and simena probably

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
suburban facebook empathy moms

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Echo Chamber posted:

manchin and simena probably

lmao forever that "two of our senators are ideologically opposed to what our party says it's about but we're going to shield them from every consequence" is an acceptable line and in fact should apparently encourage people to vote for a party that stands for absolutely nothing except being the blue team

manchin and sinema are perfect democrats and their party loves them and would change nothing about them

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Zvahl posted:

lmao forever that "two of our senators are ideologically opposed to what our party says it's about but we're going to shield them from every consequence" is an acceptable line and in fact should apparently encourage people to vote for a party that stands for absolutely nothing except being the blue team

manchin and sinema are perfect democrats and their party loves them and would change nothing about them

"oh, but if we punished them they will become Republicans, we really need to keep them so we have 2 senators who vote exactly like Republicans but technically aren't, because this is better for some reason"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

bertolt rekt posted:

does anyone have a link to the clip of joe Biden telling Stacey abrams she wasn’t going to be his running mate on live tv? I can’t find it on YouTube

not video but there’s this:

https://twitter.com/ejw2020/status/1282064379878486016?s=19

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
When that Daniel Dale guy would post the trump schedule for the day and it would be completely blank for days on end except for something about lunch

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also when trump would live tweet a tivo'd copy of fox and friends at 10am

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Also when trump would live tweet a tivo'd copy of fox and friends at 10am

lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Executive time

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

When that Daniel Dale guy would post the trump schedule for the day and it would be completely blank for days on end except for something about lunch

I thought he was taking many meetings and making many phone calls??

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

Executive time

it's going to rule when we find out what Biden does when he's not in front of a camera, he's probably not even watching tv, they just put him in a pod and extract him when they need him again

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/948196734513106945?s=20&t=nc2gfvJZHEu5MKT_FoujdA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zvahl posted:

that is absolutely false, they haven't accomplished the Patrick Leahy state of being completely invisible (they would much prefer the left not yell)

but they would make no other changes

patrick leahy was not the best choice as an ideologically blank slate but he was in 20 years worth of Batman movies so he always comes to mind