Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

vtubers are the worst and I can only imagine that they all are basically some form of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIFbgtiQnZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I sometimes stream my dogs sleeping while I'm working or playing a dumb nerd game, no one watches though. who cares

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
nature twitch is perfect if you have the sort of cat who likes nature livestreams. my old man cat just watches bird across the world all day.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i like rear end twitch

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

nature twitch is perfect if you have the sort of cat who likes nature livestreams. my old man cat just watches bird across the world all day.

My cat somehow knows it’s fake. I don’t know why. I played a stylized indie side scroller once where she thought my guy was a fly and I had to stop her from destroying my tv by pouncing on it so it’s not because she’s too smart.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i watch jerma985 on twitch

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

big of you to admit to that

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i've been ruminating on it for some time

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
sometimes I just like watching someone play a game instead of actually playing anything myself

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

MiracleFlare posted:

Ah yes, normal husband behavior like threatening to kill your pets if your wife stops streaming.

You say this like I should automatically know details around a no context post, about a stupid streamer. How much money have you sent this woman? Why do you think this stuff is common knowledge?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Flowers for QAnon posted:

You say this like I should automatically know details around a no context post, about a stupid streamer. How much money have you sent this woman? Why do you think this stuff is common knowledge?

in the future...

even nerds...

are balkanized

:getin::byoscience:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

R.L. Stine posted:

i watch jerma985 on twitch

He's the best

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

MiracleFlare posted:

Ah yes, normal husband behavior like threatening to kill your pets if your wife stops streaming.

I mean that is pretty normal since there is no de facto legal or social penalty for doing it at all

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This is what I watch on twitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceKa7kTOaYw

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I used to watch a lady from Lebanon who would cook some good rear end looking food on stream and was funny as hell, then she just kinda vanished and I haven't seen her since, hope she's doing alright :(

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I used to watch some eastern European dude play requested song covers on his accordion, that was pretty cool

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think the only person I've gone to Twitch to watch is that soft spoken and extremely chill Maori guy who did some awesome totems and I think the NZ PM even showed up because he went super viral.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i spend hours a day postin i hold the moral high ground tp these twitch watchers and strea mers

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
:justpost:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I used to watch some eastern European dude play requested song covers on his accordion, that was pretty cool

There is a Russian accordion man who streams to pay for a new home bc his is just gone. Just cheerily playing his instrument next to photos of cratered destruction. That's the stuff that makes me feel like I'm in a Black Mirror hellscape.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Several years ago I was watching this guy on twitch "Highspirits" try to play through every single Dragon Quest game in one sitting, which meant he had to stay up for several days in a row.

I would tune in every few hours to watch him gradually get more disoriented and ornery. Over time he would get irrationally upset at things like explaining things like how Dragon Quest was "translated well" but not "localized well".

Eventually he quit. No idea if he ever accomplished his goal later on though.

Looks like he's still playing video games but he looks even more like a wizard now https://twitch.tv/highspirits

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I watch people break wrestling games and have fun hanging out with their friends while doing it.

Also the channel that just streams Kung fu movies 24/7

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
T’watch would have been a better name imo

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

There's a fairly well known concept on twitch called oilers, nicknamed after middle eastern rich guys. basically guys who donate huge sums of money to streamer girls.

This is an insane video about a Swedish guy who basically donated $40,000 to have sex with some Korean streamer and the insane community that tracks these women and their every move. It's incredibly weird and fascinating, in a horrible kind of dystopian way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pI67ElXQdA

a cool, a video made by a creepy rear end stalker of some sort

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Flowers for QAnon posted:

None because I'm not a dipshit who thinks throwing money at a streamer means I'm now their girlfriend, but I at least know how I look up basic details about something before jumping in to immediately downplay it.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

sometimes I just like watching someone play a game instead of actually playing anything myself

i like to watch people who are better then me at a game play so i learn. for example i play a card game and i always think of the line i would take then watch them take their line and try to figure out why they took it and if / why its better. small streamers are generally cool enough to explain why to you as well

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

vtubers are the worst and I can only imagine that they all are basically some form of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIFbgtiQnZY

some guy i went to school with who was big into mmo games would always play female characters because all he had to do was go "~hi boyz tee hee~" and they would give him free stuff

i would imagine this guy has the same idea

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Extra Large Marge posted:

Several years ago I was watching this guy on twitch "Highspirits" try to play through every single Dragon Quest game in one sitting, which meant he had to stay up for several days in a row.

I would tune in every few hours to watch him gradually get more disoriented and ornery. Over time he would get irrationally upset at things like explaining things like how Dragon Quest was "translated well" but not "localized well".

Eventually he quit. No idea if he ever accomplished his goal later on though.

Looks like he's still playing video games but he looks even more like a wizard now https://twitch.tv/highspirits

He did finish it. Over 3 days, with two 45 minute naps.

Yes, the last couple dq games were riddled with speedrunning errors as his brain fried, and he had an emotional reaction when he did finish.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Buce posted:

a cool, a video made by a creepy rear end stalker of some sort

you can just say you don't like the video i made instead of calling me names okay

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Beastie posted:

I think the only person I've gone to Twitch to watch is that soft spoken and extremely chill Maori guy who did some awesome totems and I think the NZ PM even showed up because he went super viral.

me too. but it's not totems it's whakairo

also the PM showed up?? that's bizarre he's not that huge, even by world famous in nz standards

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The_Franz posted:

some guy i went to school with who was big into mmo games would always play female characters because all he had to do was go "~hi boyz tee hee~" and they would give him free stuff

i would imagine this guy has the same idea

not always. sometimes they're just trans and haven't figured it out yet.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

me too. but it's not totems it's whakairo

also the PM showed up?? that's bizarre he's not that huge, even by world famous in nz standards

I was thinking of this dude. He's incredibly humble and very appreciative. I was there when he first started getting dozens of followers at once and he was beaming.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantTrappedStapleThunBeast

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Speaking of streamers with husbands

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mooey Cow posted:

Same streamer and another chat mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z-h4xVwmeQ

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Oof. I can't take this much cringe

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Things are looking up for me because the person I paid to pay attention to me did!

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

hahahahahahaha

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I liked the twitch channel that was just British parliament but it stopped being good the moment John Bercow left and the people who ran the stream knew it bc they dont even bother to stream anymore

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

not always. sometimes they're just trans and haven't figured it out yet.

dont doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mooey Cow posted:

That can't be real