Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There is a rumor going around that Hackett had one of his junior offensive assistants Ramon Chinyoung tell Melvin Gordon to sit tight during the game because after a couple of running plays their strategy analyst Brad Miller thought having him on the field was tipping that they might run the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Funny how Snyder is putting out statements when his wife is supposed to be running the team.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

There is a rumor going around that Hackett had one of his junior offensive assistants Ramon Chinyoung tell Melvin Gordon to sit tight during the game because after a couple of running plays their strategy analyst Brad Miller thought having him on the field was tipping that they might run the ball.

Is this what the Analytics said?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Didn't he have a really bad one on TNF last season?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

haljordan posted:

I bet if stuff comes out about Jerry his response is gonna be "hell yeah I did all of that poo poo and THEN SOME"

Yeah he's had an entire year of controversy already, at this point I think he'll just shrug and keep paying all his lawyers

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fuuuuck I had been pretty excited to see him get some looks now that he was back from the hammy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah he's had an entire year of controversy already, at this point I think he'll just shrug and keep paying all his lawyers

This seems to be Dan Snyder's approach too, although he's going after 30 other guys instead of one. Everyone hates him. He's gotta bag...7 or 8 of them to keep his job?

How does Green Bay fit into this decision, do they get a vote?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the packers have an unpaid board of directors who are elected by shareholders. the board elects a team president and he fills all the owner roles. it's all really cool and pointless

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
They're also in charge of state executions

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

Didn't he have a really bad one on TNF last season?

It was the KC at LA game last year. He banged his head on the ground trying to grab a touchdown pass and was out cold

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The infamous Joe Buck "ya know it's really cold down on the field" call to the camera lingering on a seizing Parham

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Let's gooooooo

https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/status/1582543528290390017?t=q97rFNQS-t8QDFWpdUeE6Q&s=19

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Roger Goodell should be paid $0 a year or less

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

quote:

The New York Times reported last year that Goodell's total compensation over a two-year period from 2020 to 2021 was nearly $128 million.

60 mil/year seems like a sweet gig an absurd fantasy number but he'd still need to work for 40 years to be able to afford the cheapest* NFL franchise

* the bengals

Goddam NFl owners are absurdly wealthy

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

He also gets free access to private jets for life

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good christ I would empty my meager retirement savings to watch Jerry Jones physically fight Robert Kraft

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

albright says the panthers aren't blowing it up. he's inexplicably one of the best dialed in beat guys when it comes to the panthers

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1582430453750845440?s=20&t=SMFiNrdeZsZxkCEcFOPv_g

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Despite all his perks Goodell still can't watch blacked out games in his market.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

haljordan posted:

He also gets free access to private jets for life

And probably has access to any NFL game in any market on any device/service which is even more expensive.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i want a redzone for nathaniel hackett press conferences.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't know if i'm enamored with Coach Acronyms on the bears but i could not handle like two games of nate hackett.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't know if i'm enamored with Coach Acronyms on the bears but i could not handle like two games of nate hackett.

It's so beautiful from the outside though.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

It was the KC at LA game last year. He banged his head on the ground trying to grab a touchdown pass and was out cold
Yeah that was the one. Dude might wanna consider it a wrap while things are still fairly decent.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The infamous Joe Buck "ya know it's really cold down on the field" call to the camera lingering on a seizing Parham
Oh my God I forgot about that. "It gets chilly in LA"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

yeah it loving rules i'm so glad this dude is on primetime every week

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This looks sooo much like Jordy Nelson's ACL tear against the Steelers in preseason back in.. 2015? 2014? Like it's drat near identical.

The foot lands while the knee is extended, the ground grabs the foot, and the force of landing is transferred 100% to the knee instead of to the calf and upper leg muscles -> *POP!*

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

albright says the panthers aren't blowing it up. he's inexplicably one of the best dialed in beat guys when it comes to the panthers

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1582430453750845440?s=20&t=SMFiNrdeZsZxkCEcFOPv_g

This makes the most sense to me.

We've kind of drafted really good talent and kept them on fairly friendly deals (sans cmc) at all the important spots.

Except the most important one.

Blowing everything up just sets things back further. Get the right coach, use next year to dump contracts and find a loving QB.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Despite scoring zero points in their last game, Detroit offense is ranked third overall in points per game.

After the bye week last year, Dan Campbell made significant changes to Detroits putrid offense and ended as a top five offense over the remaining games.

After the bye week this year, Dan Campbell ??? Detroit putrid defense and ended as a ??? defense over the remaining games.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Hizawk posted:

Despite scoring zero points in their last game, Detroit offense is ranked third overall in points per game.

After the bye week last year, Dan Campbell made significant changes to Detroits putrid offense and ended as a top five offense over the remaining games.

After the bye week this year, Dan Campbell ??? Detroit putrid defense and ended as a ??? defense over the remaining games.

I (still) want to believe.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I just don't really get it. As a Ravens fan for 22 years now I've seen my share of rotten offenses and what we have right now isn't one of them even though it is inconsistent. I mean if we're putting up under 200 yards of offense per game then yeah I can see why we'd make a desperate WR signing. Like those 2002-2004 Ravens whose best WR was Travis Taylor. Yeah I can see why you'd be desperate for it.

People overreact. We were on the verge of running out the clock when an illegal formation penalty took away a first down and set in motion the series of self-inflicted disasters. But say that first down counted and we did run out the clock in a few more plays like it looked like might happen. We're not acting all desperate then. We're not going like "oh god this offense sucks". We're saying poo poo like "Lamar and the running game locks down victory over 4-1 team on the road".

That stat about the Ravens being one of only 40 teams in NFL history to have had 10 point leads in each of their first 6 games and have the worst record of all those teams is telling. That shows that this is an unusual situation. But there is a silver lining, and that is that we've had these 10 point leads in the first place! A couple years ago that was the thing: The Ravens have to build a lead to win. And if they don't do that they're in trouble. Well we're building the leads now! And that's supposed to be the hard part. But we're just not following through.

On offense, mainly what we need to do is just improve the red zone playcalling and be more disciplined and not get so many dumb penalties. The line is looking solid with Stanley back--we are maybe getting one of the best case scenarios out of that situation. We are moving the ball. All the ingredients are there to get close to 2019 type production we just need to make some fine adjustments. I don't see how an almost-36 year old receiver known for downfield threats gets us there and it reeks of completely unnecessary desperation.

That said--I don't think it will really *hurt* us. But if it shows the team thinks we just need a downfield scoring threat maybe it's a sign they aren't looking in the right direction for solutions.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 19, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

Its especially beautiful as a Jaguars fan, who had the fucker as OC for 3 years. Jaguars lost a 14 point 4th quarter lead to touchdown Tom because he went hyper conservative.

Kawalimus posted:

I just don't really get it. As a Ravens fan for 22 years now I've seen my share of rotten offenses and what we have right now isn't one of them even though it is inconsistent. I mean if we're putting up under 200 yards of offense per game then yeah I can see why we'd make a desperate WR signing. Like those 2002-2004 Ravens whose best WR was Travis Taylor. Yeah I can see why you'd be desperate for it.

People overreact. We were on the verge of running out the clock when an illegal formation penalty took away a first down and set in motion the series of self-inflicted disasters. But say that first down counted and we did run out the clock in a few more plays like it looked like might happen. We're not acting all desperate then. We're not going like "oh god this offense sucks". We're saying poo poo like "Lamar and the running game locks down victory over 4-1 team on the road".

That stat about the Ravens being one of only 40 teams in NFL history to have had 10 point leads in each of their first 6 games and have the worst record of all those teams is telling. That shows that this is an unusual situation. But there is a silver lining, and that is that we've had these 10 point leads in the first place! A couple years ago that was the thing: The Ravens have to build a lead to win. And if they don't do that they're in trouble. Well we're building the leads now! And that's supposed to be the hard part. But we're just not following through.

On offense, mainly what we need to do is just improve the red zone playcalling and be more disciplined and not get so many dumb penalties. The line is looking solid with Stanley back--we are maybe getting one of the best case scenarios out of that situation. We are moving the ball. All the ingredients are there to get close to 2019 type production we just need to make some fine adjustments. I don't see how an almost-36 year old receiver known for downfield threats gets us there and it reeks of completely unnecessary desperation.

That said--I don't think it will really *hurt* us. But if it shows the team thinks we just need a downfield scoring threat maybe it's a sign they aren't looking in the right direction for solutions.
ok

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Kawalimus, do the Ravens bring you any joy?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1582710658856112129
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1582710656821772289

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

It's kind of wild that we have this explosion of amazing young WRs the last few years, but the amazing young CBs actually seem to be keeping up. Woolen there was a 5th rounder, and just the AFCE has like 6 rookies who all range from very promising to studs

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

syzpid posted:

One cannot find joy in the NFL, only in birding.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CJGJ got robbed

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1582724948941950977?s=20&t=w0n9hrJyRDZ9w267hnAC_Q

Nick Bolton watching the play and getting blocked into oblivion by a fullback

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Woolen for DROY

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1582555371058495489

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

syzpid posted:

Oh yeah. My point there really isnt negative its more why act so desperate when we have all the ingredients for success. At least on offense