Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Someone replace that with SA I feel we can get some use out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

30.5 Days posted:

Someone I was talking to about this just reminded me of the last meltdown of this type. I'm pretty sure it was posted in the thread, but it's worth remembering.

https://www.orespawn.com
https://www.orespawn.com/fight-back/

Ah, this guy, who replaced his front page with an anti-vax rant :haw:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Ah, this guy, who replaced his front page with an anti-vax rant :haw:

Anti-vaxx idiots want so badly to be seen as persecuted and idgi. Willing to bet the entire meltdown was based on being called a moron for believing a stupid conspiracy and not, like, actual abuse.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i only left goodlauncher because the curse update broke it and polymc was the only one that could download mods, but gd team seems to have fixed that so

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

30.5 Days posted:

The students or whoever that run the open source project for a minecraft launcher said "wow we should have a CLA and a CoC just like real OSS projects!" Maybe they had community issues and wanted to get proactive about them, or maybe they just decided to Get Serious Like The Real Guys, or maybe they realized they should do a CLA (you need a CLA) and decided to take care of the CoC at the same time. Not having a CLA will gently caress you right up if your project lives longer than a couple years- you may find yourself in a position where you NEED to relicense code for one reason or another, but just cannot because it is the property of every individual contributor.

In response the original guy who forked the project from MultiMC who was missing presumed dead for several months came back and destroyed the entire thing.
And given the content of his response it's very much just entry-level homophobia and transphobia anyway, so we're not missing anything.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
If you still want to use polymc until the devs are done forking it over there's easy instructions to keep it from updating and also avoids the polymc metadata server for mmc's instead just in case the bigot decides to upload something malicious.

Here.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
:munch:

Nice, time to see who's left after the dust settles.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Polymc's whole dev team that isn't bigots are relaunching as Prism Launcher, as voted on in their new discord today. They were able to get access to the files from the old git repo.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Is it going to be easy to port my polymc nomifactory save over to the new one?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

It should be quite easy unless they do something real weird, you can basically just copy over your entire instance folder. If you want to be double sure you can make a new instance in Prism and then only copy over mods/configs/saves

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Vib Rib posted:

And given the content of his response it's very much just entry-level homophobia and transphobia anyway, so we're not missing anything.

Yeah it sucks, that orespawn thing was so strange and fun, this is just inconvenient and lovely

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Meskhenet posted:

You can already drag and drop instances between MMC and PMC's folders and it'll instantly update their launchers so unless something goes weird you'll be fine.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Picked up Mechanical Mastery recently and put it up on my server to play with my brother. I've added a couple extra mods for performance and convenience and but now the server is flagged as "incompatible fml list" or whatever. It of course has all the correct and matching mods for the server and the client and works when joining, but what exactly is being checked when it verifies the mod lists and can I correct that manually somehow?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Apparently the PolyMC bigot yanked the microsoft API key that PolyMC relies on to authenticate Minecraft. This makes all PolyMC instances unusable by default. However, if you reload the Gist that Rynoto linked:

There's a new key that you can patch into your existing PolyMC instance to make it work again. It's the same key that the Prism fork is using.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i remember fondly when i could get the urge of 'i want to play MC Eternal on my new computer' and then i could install it and play it

even biting the bullet and using curseforge is throwing errors

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Meskhenet posted:

I migrated from multi to poly by just moving the instance folder; it's all the same backend code so nothing is going to change except the name of the folder in %appdata% where it lives. I'll do the same again once prism shakes out.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

First Prism release is out!
https://github.com/PrismLauncher/PrismLauncher/releases/tag/5.0

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Its been a while since I did mods, what is the new hotness on launchers?

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I swapped back to GDLauncher after the PolyMC drama (after initially swapping to PolyMC due to Curseforge's API lockdown thing) and it's been treating me just fine

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Seconding GDLauncher it deals with the curse drama fine now, and “manually” downloads mods that have the no launcher flag. If you have an old version you’ll have to uninstall and install the latest, then it should stay up to date after that.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

have there been any new decent packs released recently? i couldn't really find anything browsing around the other day

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
prism is literally Polymc but without the one weird dude so its pretty good

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Does anyone play Nomifactory through GDLauncher? And if so, do you have access to processing arrays? Because everything looks like the right version (GDLauncher says it's up to date at v 1.1.29) and it's apparently the latest version of Nomifactory (1.2.2.1 I guess? I've tried redownloading it and nothing changes or throws an error message) but PAs aren't showing up in JEI and there's no questbook entry for them. Or is this some Omni/Nomi schism that I was unaware of?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

You are a nerd posted:

Does anyone play Nomifactory through GDLauncher? And if so, do you have access to processing arrays? Because everything looks like the right version (GDLauncher says it's up to date at v 1.1.29) and it's apparently the latest version of Nomifactory (1.2.2.1 I guess? I've tried redownloading it and nothing changes or throws an error message) but PAs aren't showing up in JEI and there's no questbook entry for them. Or is this some Omni/Nomi schism that I was unaware of?

Processing Arrays and much more are in the dev version available on github but they haven't released an actual new version in ages. https://github.com/Nomifactory/Nomifactory and see here for playing on dev. While they say its unfinished and may have bugs in actuality its really very stable. Be sure to read the notes about updating and make a backup of your world first because it may remove things you were using. Expect a lot or almost all your product lines to no longer work and be ready to have to repair or rebuild a lot before you can move forward.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Honestly now wondering how long it'll be till the pissbabies demand curse put captchas in all their downloads not on the poo poo for brains launcher

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I heard somewhere that Nomifactory PAs only hold 16 machines. Is that true? In GTNH they hold 64. Weird.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Yeah, only 16. I thought it was silly too.

Edit: Well, you can put more in but nothing more will happen.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
https://gdlauncher.com/en/blog/curseforge-partnership-announcement/

GD launcher have partnered with Curse for ad revenue but they are still a separate project or something.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
jesus christ. well prism launcher is still good

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Spectral Werewolf posted:

GD launcher have partnered with Curse for ad revenue but they are still a separate project or something.

What a weird move. Seems like they're just shooting themselves (GD) in the foot unless this is just the opening of Curse trying to stop third-party managers again.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Spectral Werewolf posted:

This reads to me that Overwolf threw money at them to convince them to make their new version (Carbon) more in-line with whatever Overwolf is planning in the long term.
It also reads like something professionally written with how much spin is in it (like, all that nebulous Open Source nonsense), so Overwolf definitely hired someone to write it.
Lastly, it sounds like regular GDLauncher will be untainted by the grimy fingers of Overwolf. GDLauncher Carbon is the one with ads. Base GDLauncher will be ad-free but will eventually stop being supported... not sure how much that will matter? Some other launcher will become the new non-OW standard by that point.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sometimes you have to build some weird setups in GTNH.

75 ME interfaces, 51 storage buses, one fluid packet decoder, and one fluid storage bus. However, now I can do all 25 circuits worth of assembling on a single multi. :shepface:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

tokin opposition posted:

Pretty sure anyone old enough to still be posting in a Minecraft thread on SA bought the game in alpha
My first MC experience was on an ftb ultimate server. I didn't realize it was a good game I wanted to play until 2013 or so. 1.5.2 was already out maybe even 1.6.4.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Sometimes you have to build some weird setups in GTNH.

75 ME interfaces, 51 storage buses, one fluid packet decoder, and one fluid storage bus. However, now I can do all 25 circuits worth of assembling on a single multi. :shepface:

Swank! Is there a detailed design for this somewhere?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Swank! Is there a detailed design for this somewhere?

No particular design, I just made it up as I went along. There are 28 separate AE2 networks in that image. The general gist of it is as such:

Network 1 is the main network. It comes in along the top and is the blue dense cable. At least for the purposes of this multi, it holds 25 ME interfaces -- one for all 24 circuits and a 25th for no circuit recipes.

With the AE2FC mod in v2.2.0 of GTNH, fluid comes in generic fluid packet items along with the rest of the items. You can use a Dual Interface to get the fluid directly, but they are buggy if they can't insert fluid into whatever they're working with so I avoid them for this. Since you have to insert the fluid a recipe needs into a separate input hatch no matter what you do, each input bus has a tiny subnetwork (networks 2-26) with its own interface to receive the items and two storage buses -- one filtered for fluid packets and one filtered for non-fluid packets. These are represented by the purple cables.

The fluid packet receiving storage bus on networks 2-26 output into a 27th network -- one with 25 interfaces and one storage bus on a fluid packet decoder. It's over 8 channels, so it has to have its own dedicated ME controller to parcel out the channels. This receives the fluid packets from network 2-26 and funnels them towards the fluid packet decoder.

The fluid packet decoder is on the final, 28th network, with the only other thing being a fluid storage bus on the sole input hatch on the multi. (This is behind the structure and not visible in the image.)

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

No particular design, I just made it up as I went along. There are 28 separate AE2 networks in that image. The general gist of it is as such:

Network 1 is the main network. It comes in along the top and is the blue dense cable. At least for the purposes of this multi, it holds 25 ME interfaces -- one for all 24 circuits and a 25th for no circuit recipes.

With the AE2FC mod in v2.2.0 of GTNH, fluid comes in generic fluid packet items along with the rest of the items. You can use a Dual Interface to get the fluid directly, but they are buggy if they can't insert fluid into whatever they're working with so I avoid them for this. Since you have to insert the fluid a recipe needs into a separate input hatch no matter what you do, each input bus has a tiny subnetwork (networks 2-26) with its own interface to receive the items and two storage buses -- one filtered for fluid packets and one filtered for non-fluid packets. These are represented by the purple cables.

The fluid packet receiving storage bus on networks 2-26 output into a 27th network -- one with 25 interfaces and one storage bus on a fluid packet decoder. It's over 8 channels, so it has to have its own dedicated ME controller to parcel out the channels. This receives the fluid packets from network 2-26 and funnels them towards the fluid packet decoder.

The fluid packet decoder is on the final, 28th network, with the only other thing being a fluid storage bus on the sole input hatch on the multi. (This is behind the structure and not visible in the image.)

Sounds a bit over-engineered to me. Can't you just tell the recipes to input ingredients, have some pipes autosorting the ingredients and fluid where it needs to go, and something to collect the output? I guess problems could occur if more than one circuit recipe was attempted at a time, but I'm not sure if your design avoids that either.
Which multiblock is that, exactly?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Sounds a bit over-engineered to me. Can't you just tell the recipes to input ingredients, have some pipes autosorting the ingredients and fluid where it needs to go, and something to collect the output? I guess problems could occur if more than one circuit recipe was attempted at a time, but I'm not sure if your design avoids that either.
Which multiblock is that, exactly?

The Precise Assembler has two modes, and in the mode all that AE2 stuff is for, it is doing normal assembler recipes. There are tens of thousands of assembler recipes, and they all draw from a common ingredient pool. Pipe sorting wouldn't work.

An example: input and output buses use the exact same ingredients to craft, but differ on the control circuit. Circuit 1 makes an input bus, and circuit 2 makes an output bus.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The Precise Assembler has two modes, and in the mode all that AE2 stuff is for, it is doing normal assembler recipes. There are tens of thousands of assembler recipes, and they all draw from a common ingredient pool. Pipe sorting wouldn't work.

An example: input and output buses use the exact same ingredients to craft, but differ on the control circuit. Circuit 1 makes an input bus, and circuit 2 makes an output bus.

i mean, why don't you just create a redstone control circuit with five bits, enough to send a redstone signal to the pipe hooked up to the appropriate input bus. only activate a given pipe input when the crafting system is sending ingredients which would activate that circuit number's redstone ID

(please don't actually do that. it sounds fun but probably even more tedious than what you set up. i could see it requiring less in terms of AE2 stuff though!)

actually i'm not sure how you'd translate the crafting request into the redstone circuit without just having 25 different interfaces anyway
e- you could include 25 different extra items (not used by any recipe) in each assembler recipe which would get picked up by a set of filters and serve as a set of IDs, activating a corresponding redstone signal and pipe. how's that for overengineered?

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 3, 2022

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hooplah posted:

i mean, why don't you just create a redstone control circuit with five bits, enough to send a redstone signal to the pipe hooked up to the appropriate input bus. only activate a given pipe input when the crafting system is sending ingredients which would activate that circuit number's redstone ID

(please don't actually do that. it sounds fun but probably even more tedious than what you set up. i could see it requiring less in terms of AE2 stuff though!)

actually i'm not sure how you'd translate the crafting request into the redstone circuit without just having 25 different interfaces anyway

Yeah, that would be very silly. :v: The main philosophy I use for automating is if I can do it with AE2 only, I do it with AE2 only. AE2 is incredibly good for performance, and TPS is the scarcest resource in this pack. Plus, I have all the network parts autocrafting anyways, so being stingy with them is sort of silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Okay maybe I'm missing a step here. What items are being provided to the multiblock? Raw materials? Or the final ingredients for each circuit? If it's the latter, doesn't everything just go in the input bus and get consumed all at once?