Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So it's BBTS' pile of loot but on shelves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

So I go to the store to buy a figure, and instead of buying the figure I buy a card that lets me either have the figure shipped to me or kept at the shipping joint until I get enough poo poo to warrant the shipping...

This is the toy version of buying a game and getting a box and a slip of paper with a code on it but dumber.

It's almost nft like in it's weirdness. I own the toy, I don't HAVE the toy, but be assured that I do in fact own the toy, as I purchased this piece of paper stating so.

It's their take on making NFT's for figures though. It's ridiculous and they of course won't 'store' it for you forever.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Headgear addiction continues.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eternia made the 5000 minimum.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

hey Leo, how's it going my man

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

Eternia made the 5000 minimum.

Praise the Goddess!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
BBTS has the Wolverine 5-pack on sale for $90 if anybody's still wanting it.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/187633

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

thiccabod posted:

Jesus christ, not good. Not good at all.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Buying a promise to get figures is insane and no respectable toy company would do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CmGs9ixpNU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

thiccabod posted:

Damnit Joker, they didn't deserve this.

THEY DID NOT DESERVE THIS.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

thiccabod posted:

Shell-2-Shell!

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Shell-2-Shell!

Getting some real "great things come in bears" energy from Leo and Ralph

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

got a new green chitinous goku today

I always loved the 1st form Cell design the most, very insectoid and unsettling. the figure looks great in hand, all the spots are slightly indented instead of just painted on. hard to tell in the pictures but his joints are a really neat turquise blue too.
(bonus cat)

he even comes with the goofy funnel tail. look out shirt tucked in 17 and slavic tracksuit 18!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Cloks posted:

Buying a promise to get figures is insane and no respectable toy company would do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CmGs9ixpNU

This is what I immediately thought of, but that was famously in response to an overwhelming unmet demand for Christmas gifts in the wake of the sudden cultural phenomenon that was Star Wars in 1977/78. I don’t know why Neca thinks it’s a good idea now, for this.

Maybe they were getting upset that only internet nerds paid them in advance for toys they hadn’t made yet, and they wanted brick and mortar customers to do the same.

Someone on Twitter joked they were countering Hasbro’s plastic free packaging by selling ONLY the plastic packaging.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

thiccabod posted:

Leo took way too much

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

https://twitter.com/pixeldan/status/1582413152376918027?s=46&t=Ylo1rUWLltNEcpOKoz-Z2g

Pixel Dan is saying what I’ve been thinking, and a lot of people are agreeing with him, not a lot of dissenters. The whole early bird concept for these crowd funding things, regardless of which way they do it, seems incredibly stupid to me. I feel like it functions way more as a deterrent for people who might back it later.

Personally I’ve been extremely on the fence about Eternia, and for sure this week is not a good week for me to invest in it. The idea that I would get a lesser version of it for taking that leap later on really, really makes me want to not bother. I can’t possibly be alone in this.

I don’t feel like the demographic of people who specifically don’t want other people to have the things that they have are worth catering to. It’s a shithead mindset. I don’t care if they get mad, and Mattel shouldn’t either. gently caress those nerds. Be nice to your customers. Give people a reason to go for all those fun stretch goals.

Edit just to add: I wouldn't be mad if they add "everyone gets King Grayskull" as a later stretch goal; seems like this is doing well and they would probably hit it. Making more of him would ultimately be an added expense for Mattel, so it seems fair if it's something they do to celebrate wild success. I want it to at least be offered.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 19, 2022

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

thiccabod posted:

TMNT x Wallace & Gromit?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It’s not for me, but it’s for someone

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1582552109500706816?s=46&t=aQ4ZDtUhrWexCZcHfiz8WQ

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh no. I‘ll need to see first, but maybe me.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I hope Super 7 beats Playmates to making Star Trek Original Series figures. I would much rather have good ones than cheap ones.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'd prefer a Geordi, but I'd go in on this whole wave if they look good.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

oh jesus christ please be awful so I don’t end up going all-in on yet another line

:negative:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Super 7 should make invader Zim figures because for some reason the diamond select ones just got quietly cancelled or something

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Super 7 should make invader Zim figures because for some reason the diamond select ones just got quietly cancelled or something

If you're still interested in the old Palisades figures, I have a pretty good collection of those that I am probably willing to part with at this point. I love Invader Zim, and the toys are great, but I feel like the display takes up too much space to want to ever break them out of storage. And those Palisades toys are too delicate to let my kid play with. I would only be interested in selling the lot as a whole. A couple of them are still carded, most have been displayed and then carefully cleaned (they got dusty) and put away. Includes the enormous pig ship, and both Almighty Tallest with the bases that combine!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nerd Of Prey posted:

If you're still interested in the old Palisades figures, I have a pretty good collection of those that I am probably willing to part with at this point. I love Invader Zim, and the toys are great, but I feel like the display takes up too much space to want to ever break them out of storage. And those Palisades toys are too delicate to let my kid play with. I would only be interested in selling the lot as a whole. A couple of them are still carded, most have been displayed and then carefully cleaned (they got dusty) and put away. Includes the enormous pig ship, and both Almighty Tallest with the bases that combine!

If CelticPredator isn't interested in this, I might be.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did anyone buy the figma Pharah?

I've had it since it came out but I dug it out of storage recently with OW2 out. I've never had so many issues with a figma figure before. None of the little armor bits stay connected, and the face plate is pretty much fused to the helmet so I can't swap it for the helmetless one.

If it was a common issue I guess more reviews would have mentioned it.

I also seem to have lost the extra hands which sucks because the ones on it now are a closed fist and the saluting hand, so it can't even hold the gun.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hmm I am interested but I don’t know if I can afford the whole set. I have most of them but I’m missing a few

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mattel has added PayPal with payments as an option on Eternia if you were on the fence because of paying all at once.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh jesus christ please be awful so I don’t end up going all-in on yet another line

:negative:

https://twitter.com/Todd85298175/status/1582557231567937536?t=ICQgiABfkqjQRAaNMhmoQA&s=19

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Mattel has added PayPal with payments as an option on Eternia if you were on the fence because of paying all at once.

drat my impatience. Looks like you can’t cancel and switch payments.

https://twitter.com/bk1889/status/1582783758562123776?s=46&t=q6_aS83LdMMW0AXvMD0IqA

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I wish people would stop posting this poo poo, it’s an unflattering photo of a test shot of a really below-average figure made by a company that has been making incredibly good toys nonstop for years. This is not the gotcha you think it is, it’s not even remotely representative of the quality of their work. I have dozens of Super 7 figures and they usually look better in hand than the promo images.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1573041342019956737?s=46&t=q6_aS83LdMMW0AXvMD0IqA

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I bought a nendoroid yukata body not realizing that it wasn't a full character. I put it together with the Gwen head from the deluxe Spider-Gwen set for now but I think I should find some random anime character who would fit better with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or Geralt.

The Geralt nendo is the best one I've ever bought because it comes with a tub accessory nearly every head fits.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
lol I think my Hamtaro nendo might have the right joints to go on the body and create a monstrosity

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If you’re in the market for chocolate colored versions of Masterverse peg warmers, look no further

https://creations.mattel.com/pages/mc-drop-virgil-abloh-motu

Mattel Creations has you covered

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

If you’re in the market for chocolate colored versions of Masterverse peg warmers, look no further

https://creations.mattel.com/pages/mc-drop-virgil-abloh-motu

Mattel Creations has you covered

Mattel I’m going to need you to contextulize these before you recontextulize them because I don’t get it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Splint Chesthair posted:

Mattel I’m going to need you to contextulize these before you recontextulize them because I don’t get it.

I think Mattel saw what Todd was doing and thought "how can we do that but make it dumber and even shittier", figured paint is for losers, realize MOTU collectors will buy anything if it literally looks like poo poo, and bam.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those are weird and terrible.

Amazon has a lot of McFarlane DC figures on sale, the entire first wave of page Punchers has a $6.25 coupon that stacks so you can get them all if you'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Cool. Got another 10 off for trying the local pickup. Thinking about grabbing Constantine but I dunno. Not really calling to me.