Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

you know I kinda miss the endorsements for the other team. miss giving them during mirror duels such as Rein V Rein

Yeah I was thinking this too yesterday. It's a minuscule thing but it seemed like a nice community gesture of good sportsmanship that got needlessly removed. Now the best I can offer is a couple of team votes that cant be done twice in a row and a quickchat "Thanks".

Redezga fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I can't wait to get out of the elo where new players are ending up. I don't want to be toxic but they;re absolutely braindead

I finally hit high silver where i usually reside and its night and day lol. I could probably go 7-0 here and not shift upwards

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I miss enemy team endorsments but not nearly as much as i miss being able to avoid teammates straight from the endorsement bar

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

teagone posted:

Good notes, thanks. I was playing support queue at the tail end of a comp session tonight so I was pretty tired. I'll try and lead with support tomorrow and see if my aim is any different lol.

don't get discouraged if you end up having a lot of bad games, since i think she's the support with the highest raw variance out of all of them. you can obviously play better or worse on every support, but you're gonna have games where your aim is so bad that you feel like one of those streamers playing dark souls on DK bongos, and then the very next game every kunai you throw is heat seeking

it's also worthwhile to spend a bit of time in training mode just seeing what everyone's head hitbox looks like, because it's not always obvious what counts as "head" in OW2. like, you'd think torbjorn and junkrat would be headshot city with how their front-on models have their heads at basically center mass, but good loving luck ever landing a dink on their actual head hitbox if god isn't on your side

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
here is a fun fact:

an uncharged Zarya in Kiriko ult as higher DPS than a fully charged Zarya outside of it

also it reduces her bubble cooldown to three seconds

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Who care that your teammates are playing even more like apes in this *checks notes* teamplay focused game?

its not actually going to happen if they are well designed and people arent going to throw their competitive rank, it's just going to invite people to play more heroes in quickplay. any outcome for the big orange button on the screen is better than challenges that amount to "play the game and dont think about it and get 1/100th of the way to a skin"

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Is it even possible to get out of bronze 5 when the rest of your team is wiping drool off their mouth or do you have to queue with other people

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

hello internet posted:

Is it even possible to get out of bronze 5 when the rest of your team is wiping drool off their mouth or do you have to queue with other people

i went b5 to b1 as tank

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think I'm like 0-10 in move the robot matches. Just seems to be the same script every time, get it almost to the other end then have it marched all the way back in the last minute. I'm sure there's something I'm missing as a player that's contributing to it but it just seems all that team cohesion we had goes poof at the end.

PhazonLink posted:

you know I kinda miss the endorsements for the other team. miss giving them during mirror duels such as Rein V Rein

Same. Like I played a Widow the other night that was pulling off headshot after headshot after headshot while moving and flanking in the console pool and I couldn't even be mad at it. I am pretty sure she was aiming too and not a bot because it looked like controller movement of the reticle to me in all the kill cams.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

each fight is on a teetering razor's edge where the first pick dramatically snowballs that fight and following fights because of tempo and ult charge. that means individual plays that get or prevent picks have a big impact.

there's countless bronze to gm streams to prove this from ow1 for every role

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Rick posted:

I think I'm like 0-10 in move the robot matches. Just seems to be the same script every time, get it almost to the other end then have it marched all the way back in the last minute. I'm sure there's something I'm missing as a player that's contributing to it but it just seems all that team cohesion we had goes poof at the end.
the team that just won the fight seems to have a huge spawn disadvantage so they need to regroup after pushing a bit before they get streamrolled by the spawned-in 5-man

also pushing teams keep incorrectly committing to a full fight without their robot pushing teammate

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've clawed from bronze to gold in OW1 which felt like an accomplishment, but then getting stuck right back down in bronze again at the next reset was enough to kill any enthusiasm I had for the climb. I'm still trying to win and if anything I'm being much more mindful about not getting tilted, but ultimately am cool with just sticking at this level now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

the team that just won the fight seems to have a huge spawn disadvantage so they need to regroup after pushing a bit before they get streamrolled by the spawned-in 5-man

also pushing teams keep incorrectly committing to a full fight without their robot pushing teammate

This makes sense, thank you. Yeah I think we ultimately all lose our commitment to grouping up and keep trying to dive on the point. Also we seem to not die at the same time often enough.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Mid gold on support here and I really like how much impact I can have on the game. Supporting a strong DPS to keep getting flank picks, babysitting an aggressive tank that overextends and turning a losing fight into a winning one, or making big plays myself as Ana. Mostly doing Ana/Lucio/Bap but will probably add Kir to that when she unlocks in Comp.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

its not actually going to happen if they are well designed

They aren't well designed.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

What? We are talking about a hypothetical here. There currently are no weekly challenges that ask you to adjust your playstyle beyond 'queue flex sometimes' and 'play arcade' and queuing arcade definitely isn't worth 5000xp and 10 cents. They should take care to design some interesting ones and then actually give players significant amount of premium currency for them. Little popoff moments in your matches that align to getting a skin more than once a year.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Overwatch has always been a little snowbally if one team doesn't realise they need to start grouping and saving ults for a proper push.

This makes it worse at lower levels, because these things require gamesense and the lower levels don't have that. poo poo, half the higher levels don't have that and get by on pure mechanics, then get really mad when you suggest they should stop trying to 1v5.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

in terms of snowball, aside from the actual game mechanics and their implications -- there's also the real and huge psychological impact of winning or losing the first team fight lol

some people just start basically loving throwing if you get rolled the first fight for w/e reason like a stray randomass hanzo arrow doming someone lol

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

As a support I'm extremely conscious of getting the gently caress out of dodge when I'm the last or second to last person on our team left alive and outnumbered

As a tank, I've got no loving idea.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Too busy copy pasting old content into the battlepasses.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

The higher my SR gets, the more OP Ana feels. They need to bring some other supports up to her level. Bap is pretty good too but he is hard to position in some of these new maps.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They could take away her gun and she’d still be played because nade and dart are that strong (especially nade).

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
kikkoman should be able to throw tissues and kunai at the same time.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Redezga posted:

Yeah I was thinking this too yesterday. It's a minuscule thing but it seemed like a nice community gesture of good sportsmanship that got needlessly removed. Now the best I can offer is a couple of team votes that cant be done twice in a row and a quickchat "Thanks".

there was an opposing Reaper last night who got multi team kills with 3 Death Blossoms. I wanted to endorse him so bad.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ana is like the one support I don't like playing because her gun sounds lovely so they should make her bad so I never feel pressured to play her again for nade/nano

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Jack Trades posted:

Too busy copy pasting old content into the battlepasses.

I'm going to pin you up against a wall and go Whole Hog on you.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Quotey posted:

You got my nano-boost for that.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Quotey posted:

I'm pocketing you

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

headcase posted:

The higher my SR gets, the more OP Ana feels. They need to bring some other supports up to her level. Bap is pretty good too but he is hard to position in some of these new maps.

she has a single real weakness (having a relatively lengthy reload on her primary heal) that's compensated for by having three of the strongest abilities in the game. kiriko can at least counter biotic's healcut, but there's no counter to nano boost aside from "run the gently caress away"

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Vermain posted:

she has a single real weakness (having a relatively lengthy reload on her primary heal) that's compensated for by having three of the strongest abilities in the game. kiriko can at least counter biotic's healcut, but there's no counter to nano boost aside from "run the gently caress away"

Yeah it will be interesting to see if she feels the same are more kirikos come online.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Vermain posted:

Ana’s other real weakness is needing to be able to hit things.

And that’s why I play Lucio and Moira.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

That's why Ana is a carry character.

Top 500 lists are up and there's some consensus, which characters are 'best' at high ELOs

Zarya is clear no.1 tank, with Dva/Monkey/Sigma as distant 2nd.
DPS side there's tie between Sojourn/Genji with Tracer/Sombra nearby.
Funnily enough there's a Symmetra, Junkrat and Torb One-tricks high on the top 500 list too.
Healer Side it's Ana with Bap and Lucio close behind.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Pattonesque posted:

also it reduces her bubble cooldown to three seconds

Was this changed? It wasn't like that last week.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

adhuin posted:

Torb One-tricks high on the top 500 list too.

What

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Aexo posted:

Was this changed? It wasn't like that last week.

It's always been a feature of Kiriko's ult to speed up ability cooldowns by 3x.

Vermain posted:

There's also the fact that she has absolutely 0 mobility abilities. If you get dove as Ana, you aren't speed-boosting or teleporting or superjumping or fading away, you have to either take and win the duel or hope your teammates use their own mobility to come back and peel for you. Also means that if you want to get good position up on high ground, you have to trust that your teammates are aware you can't heal them while you're trudging up the nearest staircase and don't go get themselves killed poking before the fight starts.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Torb does pretty good tank damage, can stay out of sight, and helps the back line for free with an aimbot. Not too surprised.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Hargrimm posted:

It's always been a feature of Kiriko's ult to speed up ability cooldowns by 3x.

I understand that, but it doesn't answer my question.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
When I played last week as Zarya I was 100% getting enhanced cooldown speed from that ult. I think you're mistaken.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Example of it not reducing the cooldown speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsSUd1rjunE&t=127s

e: This is probably the beta/creator build, so maybe this is a bad example of it on live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Leaked patch notes, as they were given to OWL teams this week. These should be the midseason patch slated for next week.

quote:

Update: Sources have told GGRecon that the following patch notes have been shared with the OWL teams.

Sombra

Hack ability lockout duration reduced from 1.75 to 1.5 seconds
Hacked enemies are no longer valid targets for hacking for the duration of the effect
Hacked damage multiplier reduced form 40 to 25%

Genji

Maximum ammo reduced from 30 to 24
Shuriken damage reduced from 29 to 27

Zarya

Barrier duration reduced from 2.5 to 2 seconds
Barrier cooldown increased from 10 to 11 seconds

D.Va

Fusion Cannon spread increased from 3.5 to 3.75
Boosters impact damage reduced from 25 to 15

When asked for comment on the validity of these patch notes, an Overwatch League spokesperson shared the following: "Patch details will be shared with the community ahead of the OWL Playoffs."