Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Annnnnd Spirit Island Nature Incarnate is up

https://www.backerkit.com/c/greater-than-games/spirit-island-nature-Incarnate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcYupaxFNeI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Death May Die: Fear of the Unknown was teased last week. It's going to be a self contained starter unlike the previous KS season and supposed to be launching 'very soon.'

What I'm curious about is how they plan to address manufacturing and shipping in a minis-heavy KS under the reality of today's world.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oathsworn is about to return to Kickstarter. Three (or four with the terrain) Gloomhaven boxes in size is pretty ridiculous.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shadowborne-games/oathsworn-into-the-deepwood-second-printing

Oathsworn 2nd edition is up.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

gschmidl posted:

Oathsworn is about to return to Kickstarter. Three (or four with the terrain) Gloomhaven boxes in size is pretty ridiculous.

It’s just one box if you do the standees, but their minis are loving cool. It is definitely out of control how much shelf space some of these games are taking up these days.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The_Doctor posted:

Here’s the launching page for Canvas: Finishing Touches

This is live now!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vidmaster posted:

It’s just one box if you do the standees, but their minis are loving cool. It is definitely out of control how much shelf space some of these games are taking up these days.

I got the standee version of the first edition and it's worth emphasizing that is a big, heavy box.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I pledged for the minis version as a placeholder since they're doing the FOMO "Day One free gift" thing but still watching some playthroughs to see if Oathsworn is worth pledging for, given everything else releasing right now (Cthulhu: Death May Die, Deep Shelf, Spirit Island, Tainted Grail just finishing again). Would love more trip reports from folks experienced with Oathsworn. I don't have KD:M, Wild Assent, or any of the other "monster hunting" games so I'm curious to hear if people think that 65+ hours of Oathsworn is a good investment of time and money with so many other games out there right now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Aqua Garden's expansion Kickstarter is also up. The game itself is pretty simple (and casual friendly), but the real stars are the animeeples. Just a great, attractive table presence. Caveat: They don't plan to use a pledge manager, so you're giving Kickstarter money.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 18, 2022

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

These pledge levels make no sense. Going from the basic bundle to basic with sleeves costs $15, while going from the token bundle to token bundle with sleeves costs $35. Do sleeves hate tokens, so it costs $20 extra to convince them to share a box?

Also, they aren't doing individual add-ons, so if you want upgraded components to stuff you already own you have to either rebuy the entire expansions through the big bundles, or go buy it off their website.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Do you want a massively expensive desk? Wyrmwood has you covered!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wyrmwood/modular-desk?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=wyrmwood

Starts at $1750 for the cheapest base desk.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

At those prices you could just have someone local build you one that will look great and last a lifetime.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah but that doesn't come with the insufferable smugness and questionable quality of Wyrmwood

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

rydiafan posted:

These pledge levels make no sense. Going from the basic bundle to basic with sleeves costs $15, while going from the token bundle to token bundle with sleeves costs $35. Do sleeves hate tokens, so it costs $20 extra to convince them to share a box?

Also, they aren't doing individual add-ons, so if you want upgraded components to stuff you already own you have to either rebuy the entire expansions through the big bundles, or go buy it off their website.

I think they are in the process of modifying it on the fly because I'm positive it was $35 for sleeves, $35 for tokens and $70 for both when it was first linked in the thread. Those are ridiculous prices considering the game itself is $55 so I think they'll bring down the $125 cost as well.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Funzo posted:

Those desk legs are IKEA levels of tragic.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jesus why would I want oathsworn? Bigger minis means more shelf space means more table space and I have limited either. Looks like it might be fun?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Jesus why would I want oathsworn? Bigger minis means more shelf space means more table space and I have limited either. Looks like it might be fun?

Someone did a good write-up on it further up this thread if you search for it. The standee version takes care of your shelf space concerns (although it's still a single Gloomhaven-sized coffin). Maybe search a few reviews (I just asked for some but none are immediately forthcoming here) on other sites alongside the one upthread and see whether it's your cuppa?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The last of the big three books for Scion, Scion: God, is live on... BackerKit. So that's nice. https://www.backerkit.com/c/onyx-path/scion-god

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

GreenBuckanneer posted:

As I understand it it's one minis box per encounter, with the same table space throughout. It seems to be a boss battler with a story - first you do the story (similar to Legacy of Dragonholt, from what I've seen, in that you can do various things but have a time track), then go to the forest to do an encounter, etc. There's also a story-less encounter-only mode. YouTube channel "Meet Me at the Table" has extensive streams of it, but I'm sure there's others.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
gently caress, why are there so many good crowdfunded games dropping right now? I haven’t been tempted to back anything in months.

All getting $1 pledge manager access for now
Oathsworn
Death May Die xpac
Canvas
Race to the Raft

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Looks like whoever is fulfilling The One Ring is giving an extra lore book with the dice replacements. It's really weird, some people have gotten 3 of them.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Azubah posted:

Looks like whoever is fulfilling The One Ring is giving an extra lore book with the dice replacements. It's really weird, some people have gotten 3 of them.

Like Ruins of the Lost Realm or something else?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Azubah posted:

For they were all of them deceived.. for another lore book was made.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That Old Tree posted:

Like Ruins of the Lost Realm or something else?

Ruins of the Lost Realm.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Was thinking about getting the standees version of Oathsworn and then my wife saw I was looking at it and said to just get the minis this seems like a mistake I will regret in a year.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Funzo posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wyrmwood/modular-desk?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=wyrmwood

Not even. $1750 is the cheapest listed but the actual minimum buy-in price is $3000 lmao

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Not even. $1750 is the cheapest listed but the actual minimum buy-in price is $3000 lmao

Yeah $1750 is just for basically the framework on which you put a bunch of components that run anywhere from like $75 to over $300 each.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Saltpowered posted:

gently caress, why are there so many good crowdfunded games dropping right now? I haven’t been tempted to back anything in months.

All getting $1 pledge manager access for now
Oathsworn
Death May Die xpac
Canvas
Race to the Raft

yeah its annoying as gently caress when they launch all at once. i can't afford all of this poo poo! Oathsworn alone would be like $500NZ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna give a shoutout to Black Oak Workshop because they put up a kickstarter for their next batch of dice advent calendars.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackoakworkshop/polyhedral-dice-advent-ure-calendars-8-and-10

Their advent calendars are always nice, having generally 3 complete sets with unique colors and a special marking on them as well as a bunch of random novelty dice.

Basically if you like good quality dice that are slightly larger than normal dice (if that matters, it doesn't matter to me but it's one of their listed selling points so :shrug:) and you've got the brain worms that make you think collecting math rocks is fun, the advent calendars are generally a fun time. Previous advent calendars had some fun sets in them, like the December one from last year containing a set of d6s where the faces had parts of a train on them so you could line them up like a toy train and last year's October one including a decently sized metal doubloon as a d2.

I'm a complete goober and an easy mark for this kinda stuff so if it appeals to anyone else then here's the kickstarter for their 2022 sets. You can actually get the October set right now on their website, the kickstarter is more for their 2022 December calendar and their 2022 whatever-month-of-the-year-you-want-it-to-be-that-isn't-October-or-December calendar. I have this year's October calendar and I enjoyed it, though I personally liked last year's more, but my fiancee really loved this year's theme and how pretty the dice sets were. Black Oak Workshop has said that all 3 of the calendars will be able to be shipped out before December as well so at least they can be received in time for that, though obviously the one specifically designed for October will be late for October :v:

These are the pictures for the 2022 calendars up on the kickstarter page itself. They only show things in silhouette but I'm putting the images behind spoilers just in case.

And as for examples of dice sets from previous years, here are some pics also taken from their kickstarter page as examples but I'm also throwing those behind spoilers.

I just think they're neat

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I was going to until I saw EU shipping. I know it's not their fault but :wtc: :piss:.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Radioactive Toy posted:

Was thinking about getting the standees version of Oathsworn and then my wife saw I was looking at it and said to just get the minis this seems like a mistake I will regret in a year.

Pros: Tremendous table presence, giant minis fighting every bigger minis, real sense of spectacle and if you like painting, fun to paint.

Cons: 4 Gloomhaven sized boxes that are very difficult to collapse down due to the nature of how the game reveals the next fight.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Welp, this is going to make a lot of money. Why a Monty Python RPG now of all times?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Welp, this is going to make a lot of money. Why a Monty Python RPG now of all times?

John Cleese needs money to pay for his GB News show about cancel culture probably.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

gschmidl posted:

I was going to until I saw EU shipping. I know it's not their fault but :wtc: :piss:.

Oh yeah. Sorry man, international shipping is such a mess right now. Sucks :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Why a Monty Python RPG now of all times?

Same question but for this instead

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

clearly jumping on the free marketing from the live action Netflix show

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I read through the preview for the cowboy bebop game and liked it. The whole thing is based on episodic storytelling with hrthe crew splitting up to track down leads before coming together in a final confrontation. It looks like it will do what it is setting out to do well, instead of just trying to bring Cowboy Bebop into D&D.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Truly a confidence-inspiring pedigree.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

neaden posted:

I read through the preview for the cowboy bebop game and liked it. The whole thing is based on episodic storytelling with hrthe crew splitting up to track down leads before coming together in a final confrontation. It looks like it will do what it is setting out to do well, instead of just trying to bring Cowboy Bebop into D&D.

I agree, it does seem like it's bringing something new to the table, and I think it's trying to bring Bebop flavor pretty well. It doesn't hurt that they apparently received a ton of feedback from play testing and it seems like they delayed the Kickstarter until now in light of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The litmus test is how well it handles tabletop conversions of Mushroom Samba and Pierrot Le Fou.