Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s turning into a Tarantino movie lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
have to say the only difference between this and how I would whip a labour government is that I would be enjoying myself

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Being an MP sounds awesome

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Leadsome is now on the floor begging for her constituency to vote her in on the "I have failed to get the HGVs out of the biggest town for the last 12 years" ticket

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
gently caress this is TREMENDOUS content

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/CraigWhitaker1/status/1582384393707847680?s=20&t=tjmTFqvVHitUTR7h9NtDOg

I don't think that's the MP, sadly.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Kwasi Kwarteng rebelled in the vote lol

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I picked the right/wrong evening to have a three and a half hour train journey in a truncated two-carriage rattlebox. This thread and twitter should pass the time beautifully.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

New thread title, surely?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Barry Foster posted:

gently caress this is TREMENDOUS content

Genuinely enjoying British politics for the first time in ages. If you need cheering up just stick on Sky News right now. It’s like a boxing match.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Toaster.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
there are four MPs, including leadsome in the house, and she decided to be a utter bitch towards the only guy on the opposition seats who stood up to support her

there are now three MPs, including leadsome, in the house

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Hahaha here's Krishnan Guru-Murthy calling Steve Baker a oval office:

https://twitter.com/TheCentreLefty/status/1582791769892491268?s=20&t=TQbr2Y-lEFJc1I1PKTOnSg

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Lol the BBC are quoting this now (minus the swears)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Trigger warning for posting this turd please. I really need a piss & all the urine in my bladder has just boiled, giving me internal burns.

Also I mean it's all very funny but the government still won the vote so I'd not get too carried away.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Apparently an mp squared up to rees mogg lol

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Home Secretary is goooone!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How would you even square up to him, he's made out of tissue paper and twigs, you give him the wrong look and he would just concertina into his own trousers.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Apparently an mp squared up to rees mogg lol

I'd be surprised if it hasn't happened before. You imagine someone like him screaming at you I'd loving use him like a toilet brush.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

It is absolutely exceptional that this is a crisis completely manufactured by Truss et al. She could not be more poo poo at the job if she tried.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Well, I mean, they've all had a drink and lots of drugs, why not a fight as well?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I was going to joke that I want to see this play out on a premium cable series, someone needs to announce that they're going with "House of Cards 2: Comedy Parliament edition"

Then I realize that the Brits already half three fourths the script written already. They just need to fish it out of "Yes, Minister" and other similar british shows...

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
An Ian Murray tweet is a rare sight for me, been blocked since 2014.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Truss voted no confidence in herself lol

https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1582804120737820672

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Skull Servant posted:

It is absolutely exceptional that this is a crisis completely manufactured by Truss et al. She could not be more poo poo at the job if she tried.

tbf it seems like pretty adroit politics by Labour to have forced this particular vote to happen right now

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Skull Servant posted:

What is truly astounding is that racist dickheads like my mother voted for Truss to keep Sunak out because the torygraph told them to, when Penny Mordant would have made a better PM in every conceivable way, but she pissed off that Victorian cosplaying twat for being pro-choice and saying trans women are women jolly well stop with this there are more important things like the wage gap to care about at mumsnet.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
What a useless shower of cunts.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

keep punching joe posted:

What a useless shower of cunts.

fantastic source of lolz tho

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ronnie posted:

Home Secretary is goooone!!

notanotherone.gif

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just fantastic content

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1582802665305931778

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

sebzilla posted:

notanotherone.gif

Wait is this referring to Braverman or the one after that?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
gently caress I'm out and about, can't believe I'm missing all these absolute scenes

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mogg on Sky denying getting punchy lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peanut- posted:

tbf it seems like pretty adroit politics by Labour to have forced this particular vote to happen right now

it would have just been a regular vote that the government won if they hadn't tried to make it a confidence vote and then u-turned on that

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

:gary: :gary: :gary:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And I thought watching Paul “toady oval office” Scully getting owned was going to be the best part of today, what a time to be alive

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Skarsnik posted:

Lol the BBC are quoting this now (minus the swears)

I assume tomorrow's papers will be full of fracking jokes

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

smellmycheese posted:

Mogg on Sky denying getting punchy lol

Very interested in finding out who Mogg's Second is, and if he chooses swords or pistols.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

This has been a very very entertaining day, and Jacob Rees oval office is on Sky news right now trying to defend the Tory MPs being dragged to vote. I would feel bad with them, but they knew who they were throwing their lot in with... gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Soylent Yellow posted:

Very interested in finding out who Mogg's Second is, and if he chooses swords or pistols.

Pork markets swords