Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lol

Also I'm downloading MWII and this thing's gonna be loving huge, right? There's the game install, campaign pack 1, campaign pack 2, a co-op pack, a multiplayer pack and Warzone 2. I'm downloading everything but Warzone 2 because I don't plan on playing it but just the game install is 36 gigs. Idk how big all the packs are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

lol

Also I'm downloading MWII and this thing's gonna be loving huge, right? There's the game install, campaign pack 1, campaign pack 2, a co-op pack, a multiplayer pack and Warzone 2. I'm downloading everything but Warzone 2 because I don't plan on playing it but just the game install is 36 gigs. Idk how big all the packs are.

It's actually not bad. Certainly a lot better than Cold War which was something like 266 gigs fully installed (and didn't include Warzone in that pack).

https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1582780289096749056?s=20&t=sB2PeHfITLkA4sTC26HZcg

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

univbee posted:

It's actually not bad. Certainly a lot better than Cold War which was something like 266 gigs fully installed (and didn't include Warzone in that pack).

https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1582780289096749056?s=20&t=sB2PeHfITLkA4sTC26HZcg
Oh drat, that's only like 60 gigs for everything except Warzone if my calculations are correct. I figured it would be like twice that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rageaholic posted:

Oh drat, that's only like 60 gigs for everything except Warzone if my calculations are correct. I figured it would be like twice that.

“Except warzone”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what the hell is up with splitting the campaign packs? you need both to play it like...

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

haveblue posted:

“Except warzone”
Warzone is a completely separate game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Re: Silent Hill 2 remake potentially being in multiple parts due to that copyright claim having "Part 1" in it, I've seen theorizing that the copyright claim is the result of an LP or something with "Part 1" in the title. The claim coming from just "Konami" with no extra legal language supports that it's probably not genuine.

Also, SH2 is like an 8 hour game, it would be completely unreasonable to split it (so Konami's definitely doing it, har har)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

Silent hill downpour was okay, at least it was after you did the quest to turn off the annoying police. Also the 3dtv support was cool. I liked it more than 4 with its unkillable ghosts and the entire second half retread, which I never finished.

I didn't mind Downpour much either, at least in terms of gameplay. Felt like a decent translation of SH to a modern third person action game. The story on the other hand, yeesh. I hated how it made it painfully explicit that you're some other character's scary monster. Silent Hills was exciting to me bc I figured Kojima would have his own ideas to explore instead of trying to retread ground covered by the earlier games

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I enjoyed exploring the town in Dounpour, finding side mission ghost stories. That was kinda cool. Waiting out a rainstorm, well that sucked rear end.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what the hell is up with splitting the campaign packs? you need both to play it like...

you know how the game is modern warfare 2? and its the second one? well, everything comes in twos now buddy and youre gonna like it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

univbee posted:

Regional pricing variation aside, wage stagnation has been a right fucker for this. My launch PS4 might have cost "more" due to inflation but my salary is the same as it was when I bought the PS4 in 2013 so I definitely felt the PS5 hit my wallet a lot harder, especially with increases in the cost of essential expenses like food/rent.

Yeah, when I posted it def in the back of my mind was "well everything else in life has stayed the same of gotten worse so..."

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

univbee posted:

Cold War which was something like 266 gigs fully installed (and didn't include Warzone in that pack).

throw it in the garbage

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I wish I liked act 3 of Inscryption more than I do.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Your wish is granted. Enjoy!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Remake

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The SH2 remake looks like poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

pooper team

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gonna assume I was right here and it's not actually a two-part thing:

Arist posted:

Re: Silent Hill 2 remake potentially being in multiple parts due to that copyright claim having "Part 1" in it, I've seen theorizing that the copyright claim is the result of an LP or something with "Part 1" in the title. The claim coming from just "Konami" with no extra legal language supports that it's probably not genuine.

Also, SH2 is like an 8 hour game, it would be completely unreasonable to split it (so Konami's definitely doing it, har har)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this all just makes me wanna play resident evil instead

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Just got back, seems like i missed some poo poo?? We talking the movie now huh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

townfall of a silent hilf

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

silent hill 2 remake reminds me of a youtube fan film

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I refuse to go back and see what the remake looks like. They keeep showing shots of ps2 sh2 durijg thisbmovie stuff and it looks great!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

phil spencer condemned us to this bloober exclusive. he did this

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

keep it classy konami

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Is this the episodoc one???

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Live tv show what the fuxk

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Jj abrams get that hack off my screen

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

…since when have they been called “Red Pyramid Thing?” Is this like when they pretended that Aeris has been called Aerith the whole time?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Sh5!!!!!! Lets go

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

This is some ito crack right here

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The f

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

…since when have they been called “Red Pyramid Thing?” Is this like when they pretended that Aeris has been called Aerith the whole time?

It's always been the official name in artbooks and such, even though the in-game text calls him Pyramid Head.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

By Neobards, which most recently was a support studio for the RE2/3 remakes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

This is some ito crack right here

my trypophobia has been engaged

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fix posted:

By Neobards, which most recently was a support studio for the RE2/3 remakes.

They got a few members of team silent, ito is all over that trailer. Looks great and weird.

Im into townfall too. Dunnl wtf to think about that bad robot poo poo, thats the only thing that didnt leak lmao.

Just saw the sh2 trailer, it looks kinda shot for shot at least, james looks like rear end lol apparantly blooper are on a tight leash

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spermando posted:

It's always been the official name in artbooks and such, even though the in-game text calls him Pyramid Head.

Huh. I had no idea.

I got a chuckle when the Silent Hill Movie director was hyping up how much of a gamer he was and got a chuckle when I thought he revealed he didn’t play it when he said “Pyramid Thing guy in a helmet.” Like Chris Pratt straining to remember anything about Mario games a couple weeks ago. I suppose the guy who made the Silent Hill movie actually knows more about it than I do.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

funfact: in the original psx ff7, she's named aerith before you get a chance to name her. when the game calls her name, it defaults to aerith. there's no battles before you get a chance to name her, but if you make one happen with her in the party via hacking, she'll be Aerith.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The writer of shf is some big hot shot novelist. Short message demo prequel is probably game awards maybe, thats rated and ready to drop

The screenshots of sh2r look better than the trailer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

Huh. I had no idea.

I got a chuckle when the Silent Hill Movie director was hyping up how much of a gamer he was and got a chuckle when I thought he revealed he didn’t play it when he said “Pyramid Thing guy in a helmet.” Like Chris Pratt straining to remember anything about Mario games a couple weeks ago. I suppose the guy who made the Silent Hill movie actually knows more about it than I do.

The 06 film was definitely made by people very familiar with the source material. So many little details that can be caught watching it.