Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coby Teeth's I Love This Bar And Grill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i finally joined deadlock patreon & this week's Watch This episode (Raven/Zbyszko hair vs hair) is worth the subscription price alone

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oldskool posted:

i finally joined deadlock patreon & this week's Watch This episode (Raven/Zbyszko hair vs hair) is worth the subscription price alone

a botch before the bell even rings lmao

e: goddamn that is a long rear end 3 minutes and 38 seconds

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 17, 2022

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
only TNA could do a hair match this bad

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Dave getting that fed check

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Its on podcastaddict so uhh skill issue i guess

you will regret humiliating me today projecthalaxy

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave is getting crochety in his old age

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dave is getting crochety in his old age

He had a pretty good point when I realized that he's right and AEW has said NOTHING about any of this. Without Dave and the internet at large what I would know about this story, just from AEW, is Punk and the Elite have been stripped of their titles. The end. That's it. And I only know they've vanished by watching the show and not seeing them for several weeks.

It is kinda wild that no statement at all has been released.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

He had a pretty good point when I realized that he's right and AEW has said NOTHING about any of this. Without Dave and the internet at large what I would know about this story, just from AEW, is Punk and the Elite have been stripped of their titles. The end. That's it. And I only know they've vanished by watching the show and not seeing them for several weeks.

It is kinda wild that no statement at all has been released.

It's not.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think it's wrong to ask for some info as to why guys aren't on TV even if they have to kayfaybe it a bit even if I think it isn't that big of an issue that Tony hasn't done it on TV cause the advertising has all the suspended talent removed

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Speaking of Deadlock & TNA, TNA weekly PPV #1 this week :getin:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

It's not.

It really is.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

<bryan> Pork Chop </alvarez>

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It’s pretty dumb for Dave to say The Fed has been better and more transparent generally about injuries and backstage issues when we’re barely a year removed from them advertising the Sasha Banks Summerslam match they knew wasn’t happening, and in general WWE was pressuring talent to keep COVID cases a secret (it was a big deal when I think AJ revealed on a stream that he had it) while AEW was disclosing cases when matches needed to change and was letting their talent talk about it

Outside of this one example where legal issues seem to be at play, I can’t think of any big examples where transparency has been an issue

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 19, 2022

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s pretty dumb for Dave to say The Fed has been better and more transparent generally about injuries and backstage issues when we’re barely a year removed from them advertising the Sasha Banks Summerslam match they knew wasn’t happening, and in general WWE was pressuring talent to keep COVID cases a secret (it was a big deal when I think AJ revealed on a stream that he had it) while AEW was disclosing cases when matches needed to change and was letting their talent talk about it

Outside of this one example where legal issues seem to be at play, I can’t think of any big examples where transparency has been an issue

I think Dave has mentioned stuff like injuries too not being mentioned on screen and certain people just kinda vanishing from the show without explanation

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mooseinfants posted:

I think Dave has mentioned stuff like injuries too not being mentioned on screen and certain people just kinda vanishing from the show without explanation

I don't see anything wrong with giving people their privacy.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
This is a minor thing, but every time Dave refers to the Game of Thrones spin-off as “House of Dragon” it drives me slightly further up the wall.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's really less than minor that someone doesn't say the full 'Game of Thrones: House of Dragon' each time they talk about the show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WWE is so loving allergic to disclosing concussions that when Brock Lesnar concussed Randy Orton because Vince refuses to let his wrestlers blade, instead of disclosing the concussion, they advertised Wyatt vs. Orton on the next PPV all the way up to the show, then had Wyatt slam Orton's leg in a door to explain why the match wasn't happening and changed the match to Wyatt vs. Kane on the show.

Giving them any credit on transparency whatsoever is absolutely farcical.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Them podcasters got that AEW derangement syndrome since Brawl Out.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

TL posted:

This is a minor thing, but every time Dave refers to the Game of Thrones spin-off as “House of Dragon” it drives me slightly further up the wall.

it's not just me then

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Man, if there was any doubt Bryan leaves the room during some of Dave's recaps then SHODAN making an appearance during the AAA recap kills it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arbite posted:

Man, if there was any doubt Bryan leaves the room during some of Dave's recaps then SHODAN making an appearance during the AAA recap kills it.

It’s also blatantly obvious that he doesn’t watch the shows lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

dsriggs posted:

Speaking of Deadlock & TNA, TNA weekly PPV #1 this week :getin:

love that Johnny on this ep plays the straight man while pulse has a loving meltdown

THE JOHNSONS JUST WRESTLE A NORMAL MATCH had me dying

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I thought they were exaggerating with the guy whose gimmick was that he looked like Scott Steiner and acted like Scott Steiner and was Scott Steiner but lol

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/benmillerMKE/status/1582850256441462784

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1582853244660826113

dave and twitter were made for each other

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the slap fighting thing is gonna be a beautiful disaster

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

projecthalaxy posted:

I thought they were exaggerating with the guy whose gimmick was that he looked like Scott Steiner and acted like Scott Steiner and was Scott Steiner but lol

shameful peaks. Bet this guy barely has any freaks at all

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

projecthalaxy posted:

I wish they’d recreated the Real Slim Shady music video with imposter Steiners.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave should probably stop being friends with people like Ben Miller.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Was dying at Corsica Joe throughout this week's Deadlock

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Probably my favorite retro review they've done. I died at the Corsica Joe/copper wire bit.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

love that Johnny on this ep plays the straight man while pulse has a loving meltdown

THE JOHNSONS JUST WRESTLE A NORMAL MATCH had me dying

they come in and do stereo taz-plexes BECAUSE THE COCK TEAM ARE WORKRATE GUYS!. The Johnsons are here to work!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Having come to the realization that Undertaker was always lovely, The Boys embark on a new adventure of discovering TNA was always lovely

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
TNA rocks because it sucked so much

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Having come to the realization that Undertaker was always lovely, The Boys embark on a new adventure of discovering TNA was always lovely

the evidence has been right in their faces the whole time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Karl Stern's latest show and the most recent Big Audio Nightmare opened with ad reads for NordVPN using f4w as the refer code. A few weeks back it was mentioned that a bunch of non Bryan/Dave shows were being made free for all and no longer being behind the subscription paywall, which I assume was to free them up to take sponsorship money?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bryan Alvarez: Blue....CHEW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave: So uhhhhh, there's this computer.... it's a computer program for if.... say you want to make a website.... there's a website and you.... you want to make your website so you uhhh.... you use this computer to.... it's called.... hang on I've got the name written down somewhere....
Bryan: Squarespace.
Dave: No no nononononono it's uhh..... the name is......
Bryan: Squarespace.
Dave: Hang on I've got it written down......
Bryan: .......
paper shuffling noises
Bryan: ......
Dave: It's Squarespace. So anyway, yeah, you put on your computer and..... and you make your website. You have any thoughts on this?
Bryan: No.