Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
It is completely beyond me why anyone buys a $20 social deduction board game that is mechanically identical to the social deduction game you can play with a beat up deck of cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Secret Hitler is Resistance/Avalon but worse.

that ones fun too but hitler is easier to play stoned

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Gripweed posted:

The automatic tip options that all restaurants have now seem like a positive change since presumably people's inherent laziness means they're less likely to hit "other" and then type in "0" so a lot of people who wouldn't have tipped anything are now tipping.

But I can't help but suspect there's some other nefarious purpose.

When the options are defaulted to 25%, 30%, and 35% I'm hitting other.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ohtori Akio posted:

It is completely beyond me why anyone buys a $20 social deduction board game that is mechanically identical to the social deduction game you can play with a beat up deck of cards.

lol I didn't know there was a boardgame equivalent of "why wouldn't you simply download ROMs to a Raspberry Pi?"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Gaius Marius posted:

If you use the term "Review" when you mean "Synopsis" or "Plot Outline" you should be lowered into a well and left there

:same:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Atticus_1354 posted:

When the options are defaulted to 25%, 30%, and 35% I'm hitting other.

I once felt like a hero for tipping 20% all the time at everything. It kinda feels like the way I fell out of love with personal recycling, which I do more and more but know the value just isn't there for the effort. But I love giving 20% card plus extra cash to dudes delivering my late night food. Those guys are the real
heroes of :ca:, as stoners and for stoners

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Brendan Fraser Mummy is a better adventure movie than Indiana Jones

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the holy trinity of

Men in Black (1997)
Blade (1998)
The Mummy (1999)

and no that is not just because they happened to come out when I was 8, 9, and 10

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Was Fraser's The Mummy 2 bad?

I remember seeing The Mummy in the theater and loving it. Then I remember seeing the sequel and hating it so much. I've only seen either movie once, both in the theater but can't remember why I hated it so much. I know it had a lot to do with the slapstick dumbass cousin(?) character.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Mummy 2 was decent, not as good as 1.

Thank god they stopped making them after that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mummy 2 was real bad. Like aggressively bad while 3 was boring and forgettable

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

credburn posted:

Was Fraser's The Mummy 2 bad?

I remember seeing The Mummy in the theater and loving it. Then I remember seeing the sequel and hating it so much. I've only seen either movie once, both in the theater but can't remember why I hated it so much. I know it had a lot to do with the slapstick dumbass cousin(?) character.

2 is a good background movie. You can put it on while you're doing something and every time you look up something entertaining will be happening but not engrossing enough to make yu stop doing your laundry or whatever.

Now The Mummy 3, that one was bad.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The cartoon was cool

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

electoralism has failed.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I see a lot of people saying that's but what is the alternative? Sortition? Hereditary rule?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Manager Hoyden posted:

I see a lot of people saying that's but what is the alternative? Sortition? Hereditary rule?

Elections are not electoralism. Electoralism implies a belief that the system in which we currently live can be changed, or organised more effectively, via current methods of voting.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Ah my mistake!

Agreed but no one is going to do anything about it

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Manager Hoyden posted:

Ah my mistake!

Agreed but no one is going to do anything about it

It's no bother!

That is not true, but we are unlikely to see the effects of it soon. The revolution is unlikely to be televised.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I think everyone should be forced to vote but only as a byproduct of the fact that I think people need to be forced to do everything.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

English should adopt punctuation at the start of a sentence rather than the end

I say this having read dialogue out loud with one inflection then getting to the end only to find out it should have been a different one. Embarrassing!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Manager Hoyden posted:

I got to the end of this sentence and I didn't know if it was a question or if you were shouting or what.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Oscars should have a Best Fight Scene category

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Manager Hoyden posted:

I say this having read dialogue out loud with one inflection then getting to the end only to find out it should have been a different one. Embarrassing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden-path_sentence

Gripweed posted:

absolutely, and Best Stunt

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Gripweed posted:

The automatic tip options that all restaurants have now seem like a positive change since presumably people's inherent laziness means they're less likely to hit "other" and then type in "0" so a lot of people who wouldn't have tipped anything are now tipping.

But I can't help but suspect there's some other nefarious purpose.

I have encountered this in a non-restaurant regular shop and you'd better believe I hit 0 on that loving thing.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

From the same academy that brought you Bohemian Rhapsody for Best Editing?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It's good that they made many sequels to the Munmy. More good films should be run into the ground. Movie bloatmaxing is good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

From the same academy that brought you Bohemian Rhapsody for Best Editing?

I would much rather argue over which fight actually deserved the oscar than which supporting actress did the best job.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Frankly, I don't think there should even be a best supporting actress category. I think all women are leads, and they all deserve to win.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Gripweed posted:

Frankly, I don't think there should even be a best supporting actress category. I think all women are leads, and they all deserve to win.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

combovers and balding haircuts still look better than being bald

i have a full head of hair

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

i have a full head of hair

This is very head-shape dependent for me.

I also have a full head of hair.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I have a head that looks alright bald and looks alright with hair but absolutely does not look okay with a thinning, receding hairline and increasingly pronounced widow's peak starting to form that little hair island.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Shibawanko posted:

:wrong:

I bet you eat your hot dogs & burritos from the side like an animal

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

men who openly wear thinning hair look confident and distinctive, bald looks generic

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've had a 5-head for 20 years now haha. It'll fall out eventually no sense in worrying about it at 38.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Giving someone the middle finger when you’re angry at them only ever makes you look like an impotent loser.

I’ve been flipped off twice in the past six months and both times I wasn’t insulted, I just thought “wow that guy’s a loser”

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

thetoughestbean posted:

Giving someone the middle finger when you’re angry at them only ever makes you look like an impotent loser.

I’ve been flipped off twice in the past six months and both times I wasn’t insulted, I just thought “wow that guy’s a loser”

True, but when you're driving there aren't many better ways to express your displeasure with other people. Maybe they don't care but at least they are made aware of my impotent loser opinion about them.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress Columbo. gently caress zoomers suddenly latching onto lovely tv shows. And gently caress people who think "Reference" = Joke.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gaius Marius posted:

gently caress Columbo. gently caress zoomers suddenly latching onto lovely tv shows. And gently caress people who think "Reference" = Joke.

I wouldn't go as far to say "gently caress" them, but if a show's/movie's primary appeal is "nostalgia", it's probably not very good. Looking at you, Stranger Things. Also Ready Player One, but that's horrible for so many other reasons than relying on nostalgia for its appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Gaius Marius posted:

No ring