Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hatty posted:

Aren't people tired of ol' Pyramid Head? Even Masahiro Ito is kinda sick of him at this point

Give us blockhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

So are the people who made the first Silent Hill movie making this new one? I know there was another Silent Hill movie that was made but I never watched it and heard it wasn't very good, but I honestly enjoyed the first movie and if the same people are working on this new one then I'm totally down.

Yup! Ganz was the first movie, not the sequal.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do they really use pyramid head that much he was only in 1 of the 3 silent hills I've played

and super bomberman r

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Silent Hill f looks effin cool.

I have no experience with this franchise.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

TheWorldsaStage posted:

We saw reveal trailers, which game do you mean and why do you think it's unrelated to Silent Hill?

The one set in 60s japan doesn't exactly scream Silent Hill to me.
It's a cool concept, and as I said it's probably the only way to get that project got made and maybe it'll be good, who knows

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm sorry to tell you, goons: people think Pyramid Head is cool

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Those buzzsaw ladies from Evil Within 2 are cool. They should make a third one

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The one set in 60s japan doesn't exactly scream Silent Hill to me.
It's a cool concept, and as I said it's probably the only way to get that project got made and maybe it'll be good, who knows

You're absolutely right, it is outside of the usual purview. Original team members had plans for taking the series other places, they felt there was a lot of untapped potential. The franchise is getting that chance and I'm pretty optimistic!

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Ghost Trick is so good. the animations are incredible

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hatty posted:

Aren't people tired of ol' Pyramid Head? Even Masahiro Ito is kinda sick of him at this point

its a good thing that most of the games announced today do not have pyramid head then :thumbsup:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mistermojo posted:

It is a loving crime that we never got a sequel, or even any imitators

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think townfall is the only one that has any kind of SH vibes but i also think Konami doesn't feel confident about doing a proper mainline sequel and is just trying poo poo out

the result though is that i'm kind of disappointed. we traded in silent hills, which would have been a mainline sequel with a strong vision, with... a live service game, a game for ryukishi to just do his thing (congrats gaius), and an indie game that'll probably be very similar to stories untold (which i enjoyed, but, not really SH). also gently caress annapurna

it is what it is though, i just have to live with it

i remain a curmudgeon about the horror game industry and continue to await a game other than Soma that fucks me up (or at least is highly entertaining). i do need to play amnesia rebirth at least, i'll do that this month maybe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The titular track on the OST is one of the game songs of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BdmTfhcCs8

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The 7th Guest posted:

also gently caress annapurna

Why? They published wonderful games like Kentucky Route Zero, Stray, Neon White, Edith Finch etc. Not every game they do is for me but I like the games they give a shot. There's a controversy I assume?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Why? They published wonderful games like Kentucky Route Zero, Stray, Edith Finch etc. Not every game they do is for me but I like the games they give a shot. There's a controversy I assume?
yeah, there are multiple stories about them enabling abusive bosses in the workplaces of the studios they publish for, often ignoring employee outcry or telling them to suck it up, and in one case suggesting to one of the bosses that they could fire everyone and start a new studio with younger, more gullible employees fresh out of college

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It’s been over a year now since that one developer that claimed they were working with hideo kojima on some horror game, disappeared after failing to produce a working demo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PTwo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Silent Hill is back, in pog form.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Silent Hill games have a new Pyramid Head and it's this one

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Why? They published wonderful games like Kentucky Route Zero, Stray, Neon White, Edith Finch etc. Not every game they do is for me but I like the games they give a shot. There's a controversy I assume?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDPzZkx0cPs

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Well that does really suck

rox
Sep 7, 2016

mistermojo posted:

ghost trick ftmfw

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:hmmyes:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Started playing Silent Hill. Really cool opening and general atmosphere so far. Specifically the way it uses camera angles. The constrained nature of the controls versus how free wheeling the camera can be really drives up the paranoia in certain sections. All the off angles and ditch angles as well leave you feeling really uncertain and uncomfortable. Reminds me of the movie Possession, there's a scene early on where a man is meeting his estranged wife at a cafe, and instead of sitting across from her he sits kitty corner. Obviously because they literally aren't seeing eye to eye, but betraying the predicted actions of the viewer also leaves them feeling uneasy. And with that movie I actually had to pause it a few times because how discombobulated I felt, because nearly every scene was just shot so subtly off, people would sit on the edge of chairs, or stand in the "wrong" place, talk past each other, etc.

Gameplay wise it actually doesn't seem so bad. I've got quite a bit of ammo and the dogs and gargoyles are easy to dodge. My only real challenge has been trying to navigate. The game could've used a compass, not a Skyrim style one, but an actual one like thief so I could orientat myself without opening the map.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1582911464880250882

Kamiya is back and is now going to block Literally Anyone who tweets at him

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

lol what a bitch rear end man child.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would love to know the truth behind that whole gently caress-up, but I think all we'll get is a she said/they said

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Can you disable Twitter from using the translate option? Because I think he did that lol

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Last Celebration posted:

Can you disable Twitter from using the translate option? Because I think he did that lol

Nope still translated, I just had to click on it and go to the app. Dude's a xenophobic dick

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

He's using twitter in one of the few legitimate ways to use it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Blocking all amerikkkans is a valid use of Twitter

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Nope still translated, I just had to click on it and go to the app. Dude's a xenophobic dick

this. all japanese and also other nations ont hisi planet MUST bow down to americans talking english at every object they see and becoming incensed when the result is anything but politely bending the knee, as is required. if they dont theyre racist against americans. simple as that.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Hwurmp posted:

It is a loving crime that we never got a sequel, or even any imitators

i guess everyone figures the cat's out of the bag at this point

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

For what it's worth, the linked tweet does not mention English. It mentions that he will be blocking EVERYONE.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Stux posted:

this. all japanese and also other nations ont hisi planet MUST bow down to americans talking english at every object they see and becoming incensed when the result is anything but politely bending the knee, as is required. if they dont theyre racist against americans. simple as that.

I was talking more like calling English speakers insects for forever

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the poor downtrodden native english speakers are being discriminated agianst by someone calling them a rude name because they keep obnoxiously speaking english at everyone regardless of where theyre from.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

english speakerrs are insects. and american are pig. any further questions.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Stux posted:

What's your avatar from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

remember when hasan got banned from twitch for saying "Cracker"