Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Al-Saqr posted:

WE START A SKULL PYRAMID SCHEME.

Ok seriously guys quick question, I want to still use the kill team box to store and transport my minis with, but I don’t want them to jumble and scratch each other when I do, any advice? Do I just get two slices of foam to fit in the box and sandwich the minis inside?

Also I found a very cool token and card organizer for kill team, I will definitely purchase this and print it out at a local 3D print shop:-

https://www.etsy.com/listing/116845...k=1&bes=1&sts=1

it's a little more work but it's usually much better to glue some magnets under your models bases and stick them to some kind of metallic surface. Luckily for kill team you don't need a huge container so that can be like a cookie tin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Ristolaz posted:

it's a little more work but it's usually much better to glue some magnets under your models bases and stick them to some kind of metallic surface. Luckily for kill team you don't need a huge container so that can be like a cookie tin

Huh that’s actually really clever thanks! Will try it out!

What’s the right kind of magnet shape or size for this? Gonna go to a hardware store to see if I can find it.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Al-Saqr posted:

Huh that’s actually really clever thanks! Will try it out!

What’s the right kind of magnet shape or size for this? Gonna go to a hardware store to see if I can find it.

yeah its nice cause nothing touches the mini so you dont risk paint scratches or breaks which can still happen with foam. I find a 3x2mm magnet is perfect, I superglue them under the base towards the side so I can "peel" the mini off with less force

edit: 3x2mm neodymium disc shaped

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
A lot of the guys in my local KT scene carry their magnetized models in little metal lunchboxes with superheroes and dinosaurs on them.

Kinda like this
https://www.amazon.com/Tin-Box-Company-344707-DS-Lunchbox/dp/B07G7SJDD5/

note: "Tin is considered paramagnetic, or weakly attracted to a magnet. Materials can be diamagnetic, paramagnetic or ferromagnetic. Diamagnetic materials are weakly repelled by magnets, while Ferromagnetic materials are what most people think of as “magnetic” and encompass metals such as Iron, Cobalt and Nickel."

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Another alternative is using any box with magnetic sheet glued to the bottom - for example https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Sheets-Adhesive-Backing-Flexible/dp/B07V5WGK3R

This might be an overkill for KT tho. I use metal cookie boxes for my teams

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Kommando nob: powerclaw or big Choppa?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

a pale ghost posted:

math says claw, coolness says choppa

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

a pale ghost posted:

Depends on the local meta. Powerklaws are better into anything with 7 wounds (where it's a single crit kill) or 12 wounds exactly.

Big Choppa is more reliable into everything else, where you will need the same number of swings as a klaw to get a kill but you are more likely to hit. I've found the Power Klaw to be a rich vein of disappointment but if you're against mostly Vet Guard, Blooded, Pathies or Novitiates it's probably better.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

What’s even the point of having an ork if you don’t use a claw. The claws are the coolest part of the orks!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Magnetise it and pick which one you want each game.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Finally building my Nachmund terrain in advance of playing my first game of Kill Team this weekend, drat that's a lot of plastic. Any tips for taking Legionaries against Pathfinders?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Al-Saqr posted:

I will say this though, GW would be very stupid to not capitalize on the popularity of deep rock galactic and not make one of the remaining sets include a Voltann team.

They already did, but for Necromunda. The Ironhead Squat gang is pretty deeprock.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1582371196250619904?t=7M3za0pmOMIf6aqk7mkLRA&s=19

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
(trailer sold separately)

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Finally building my Nachmund terrain in advance of playing my first game of Kill Team this weekend, drat that's a lot of plastic. Any tips for taking Legionaries against Pathfinders?

Don't let them see you.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

GW posted:

...the kit includes special rules for using the Promethium Tank Refuelling Stations. These can only be found in the construction booklet included in the box...
Haha gently caress off.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Besides the teams what is the difference between Into the Dark and Shadowvault? Just different scatter terrain?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Besides the teams what is the difference between Into the Dark and Shadowvault? Just different scatter terrain?

The only difference is that there’s little drones and turrets in the box that add more environment hazards and situations.

I would honestly wait until the other sets are announced, you never know if the remaining sets are the same thing but with a faction combo that might be more appealing to you.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

AnEdgelord posted:

I don't think shadow vault has the soft back rulebook. It's sold as an expansion to into the dark.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I played Underworlds for the first time today. Had a really good time; fast and easy to learn the basics. I lost both games I played but I got interested in playing more (and finally using the many warbands I bought and never used)

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

radlum posted:

I played Underworlds for the first time today. Had a really good time; fast and easy to learn the basics. I lost both games I played but I got interested in playing more (and finally using the many warbands I bought and never used)

Underworlds is my favorite, and I'm really excited to see them supporting Rivals and making Nemesis an official format, since it's largely what we'd been playing locally. Plus I think the Underworlds miniatures are hands down the best models GW produces.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I need to get back into underworlds and that new starter with grave guard looks super tempting. Alas I just got back into warcry as well

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
Don’t let that stop you, they put out Warcry rules for all the Underworlds war bands: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/03/underworlds-fighters-are-headed-to-the-eightpoints-in-warcrys-new-tome-of-champions/

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Ohhh, I missed this. That rules. I pretty much only paint WHU stuff now and I have been wishing for Warcry rules for them.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Shadowvaults is an expansion for Kill Team so doesn't have the core rules/tokens/barricades etc. It has the same main bits of terrain and then one sprue it seems of other stuff that's used in the missions in the included book like the bolter turret and stuff.

Really hope they don't keep using the same terrain in all the expansions, it kinda makes sense to have two boxes worth to push this boarding actions thing in regular 40k I guess but you definitely want some different stuff for people who just play Kill Team rather than a straight year of 4 boxes all with the same bits in it. It is very cool looking but I do wish I'd been into the game back when the Octarius starter came out cause the terrain in that is pretty sweet (but not £56 on its own sweet unfortunately, even on ebay it's about that much secondhand).

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 20, 2022

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Squibsy posted:

Ohhh, I missed this. That rules. I pretty much only paint WHU stuff now and I have been wishing for Warcry rules for them.

I think that’s for first edition though, I don’t know if they’ve updated it yet.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

Shadowvaults is an expansion for Kill Team so doesn't have the core rules/tokens/barricades etc. It has the same main bits of terrain and then one sprue it seems of other stuff that's used in the missions in the included book like the bolter turret and stuff.

Really hope they don't keep using the same terrain in all the expansions, it kinda makes sense to have two boxes worth to push this boarding actions thing in regular 40k I guess but you definitely want some different stuff for people who just play Kill Team rather than a straight year of 4 boxes all with the same bits in it. It is very cool looking but I do wish I'd been into the game back when the Octarius starter came out cause the terrain in that is pretty sweet (but not £56 on its own sweet unfortunately, even on ebay it's about that much secondhand).

I don't *think* they'll have the same terrain in the remaining boxes this season - Into the Dark and Shadowvault combined make up the full terrain set that's going to be coming out for 40K, so I'm pretty positive even GW wouldn't put out the equivalent of two 40K sized tables worth of terrain for KT. No idea what Soulshackle might be, but Gallowfall might be ship wreckage on a planet surface?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Based on the descriptions of the size of the hulk, I'd be mildly surprised if all the boxes had just more corridors. There's a lot of room for all kinds of weird xenos/chaos caverns in there.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

My prediction for Soulshackle is that it will probably involve the Eldar, it's literally in the name. OR the Tzeench Thousand sons, that would actually make alot of sense!

I genuinely hope the other two environments are unique, but I'm absolutely gonna wait and see.

My biggest hope is that one of them involves the Votann, that would be a 100% guarantee I'd get it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think that’s for first edition though, I don’t know if they’ve updated it yet.

At the very least, I don't see entries for the Underdark models in the new Compendium.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Got my counts-as-deathwatch Space Wolves on the table and finally played a game of Into the Dark.

Let me tell you a dude with a bolter and a power sword is a monster when you put them on Guard. :staredog:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Siivola posted:

Got my counts-as-deathwatch Space Wolves on the table and finally played a game of Into the Dark.

Let me tell you a dude with a bolter and a power sword is a monster when you put them on Guard. :staredog:

if I ever make a space marine kill team I am 100% gonna get those cool wolf helmets for them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siivola posted:

Basic bitch intercessors are scarier than they have a right to be.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Spanish Manlove posted:

Basic bitch intercessors are scarier than they have a right to be.

I would say they are as scary as the fluff tries to sell them to be.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Lumpy posted:

Don't let them see you.

Well, I play Alpha Legion, so no problem there

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

What makes alpha legion interesting? From what I’m seeing they are the most ‘normal’ of the chaos marines.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Al-Saqr posted:

What makes alpha legion interesting? From what I’m seeing they are the most ‘normal’ of the chaos marines.

That's just what they want you to think

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Al-Saqr posted:

They are possibly technically loyalists playing a very long game to destroy chaos once and for all from the inside, or they are just sick of the emperor's hypocrisy and want to bring the imperium down but don't want to be enslaved by chaos to do it. They are they 20th legion, or the XX in Roman numerals, a double cross which is what they love to do. They are hyper effective infiltrators, espionage and counter-espionage.

One of the 40k books I'd recommend without hesitation is Shroud Of Night, which follows an Alpha Legion squad trying to thread the needle between a massive khorne planetary invasion and a space marine lead defence, because it's rare that the alpha legion earn their competent reputation imo. Most of the time they are a Mary Sue thinking twenty steps ahead of their opponents, in Shroud they get their face punched in, repeatedly, but you can see how they get so far. When they meet primaris marines for the very first time is great.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Blue armor with acid-green transfers is sick, it's that simple

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
the dragon/hydra/serpant is even sicker